PDA

View Full Version : Rota Wheels

mTEV
12-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Anyone know a vendor that sells rotas for a decent price? Please lmk & thanks in advance :]

adog
12-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Anyone know a vendor that sells rotas for a decent price? Please lmk & thanks in advance :]

Wheel dude or you can look some up on eBay for about 100$ cheaper and you get them even cheaper if you contact them and bypass eBay.

BravoZero
12-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Too bad you aren't in the NoVA area, Mach V Motorsports carries a lot of Rota wheels. If they weren't so expensive I would have bought a set from them.

mTEV
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
@Bravo Do they ship? Or would that defeat the purpose of trying to look
for cheap rota wheels?

eyedreamt
12-09-2011, 07:48 PM
for cheap rota wheels?

Your better off with Wheel Dude or eBay over MachV. MachV does great work, but they add the "NoVA tax" to everything. Then again they are located in one of the richest counties in the country, so they can charge local customers their ridiculous prices.

BravoZero
12-09-2011, 08:03 PM
for cheap rota wheels?

I can't vouch for their shipping, so I would recommend Wheel Dude as you can get a set of tires to go with them as well.

Your better off with Wheel Dude or eBay over MachV. MachV does great work, but they add the "NoVA tax" to everything. Then again they are located in one of the richest counties in the country, so they can charge local customers their ridiculous prices.

Hater. Lol.

GAbOS
12-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Hater. Lol.

Don't get me started on the phrase "Cheap Rota's". :p

eyedreamt
12-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Hater. Lol.

You know I'm right. All the shops around here overcharge though. Its part of living in the area. Mach V got me for $20 for a coupler once. I asked about rear fender rolling and was quoted at $90 a fender. You can't tell me they don't charge "nova tax".

GAbOS
12-09-2011, 11:38 PM
You know I'm right. All the shops around here overcharge though. Its part of living in the area. Mach V got me for $20 for a coupler once. I asked about rear fender rolling and was quoted at $90 a fender. You can't tell me they don't charge "nova tax".

As a reference. The tech inspector at the local SCCA Solo events manages a shop and rolls at $75 an end.

BravoZero
12-10-2011, 01:03 AM

There's no such thing as a "nova tax", certain counties in the area have a certain tax rate, but not every county in northern VA.

EricS09RA
12-10-2011, 06:06 AM
When I bought mine, Wheel Dude was the only place that could find the exact set I wanted. Couldn't find the right combo of color and size anywhere else.

eyedreamt
12-10-2011, 10:32 AM
There's no such thing as a "nova tax", certain counties in the area have a certain tax rate, but not every county in northern VA.

:eek: Its not a literal tax. Just like the "Evo Tax" isn't a literal tax.:p They charge more cause they can. It's a "Oh, you live in NOVA, you have money, let me take it" or "Oh, you drive an Evo, you have money, let me take it" mentality.

Drew
12-10-2011, 11:18 AM
:eek: Its not a literal tax. Just like the "Evo Tax" isn't a literal tax.:p They charge more cause they can. It's a "Oh, you live in NOVA, you have money, let me take it" or "Oh, you drive an Evo, you have money, let me take it" mentality.

Actually, knowing the owner of Mach V for almost 10 years, they do not have that mentality. What you need to understand is that if you pay more for something at Mach V, you aren't paying a "You have more money, let me take it" tax. You are paying an "if we have to charge slightly more, it's because we have to pay twice as much to maintain our business, considering space rental and real estate taxes are some of the highest in the nation, along with higher wages demanded by our employees because of the higher cost of living, since we are located in one of the most expensive counties in the country to live in" tax. That's if you want to get technical. I know Dan and all of his guys that work there, and not once have I heard of them trying to price gouge someone. Would you expect them to be able to compete from a pure price standpoint with places that pay half their commercial space rent?