PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Controlon on Ralliart

evolite
07-31-2009, 10:47 AM
How is the Cruise control on this car?

My Cruise control is

set at what speed your currently at, brake pedal just shuts it off, but can press resume back to that speed and you click set/acc and coast one click for each 1 mph.

Does the Ralliart behave in this way too?

Regarding mountains and hills, my current cars' cruise control would sometimes end up high revving with no added result and not change gears properly and Id have to turn it off and use gas and manually drive up or down a mountain area freeway.

I wonder if the Ralliart with its turbo engine can give the pep to allow cruise control all the time cutting through mountaineous highways?

darkmana153
07-31-2009, 11:14 AM
dude if your using cruise control on the mountains in the ralliart you seriously have bought the wrong car... i have no idea why you would want to use cruise control on a mountain anyway

TheBlackBeast
07-31-2009, 03:30 PM
umm... cruise control should not be used in/on mountain roads. That's dangerous! I would only use cruise when its mostly wide open. keeping it on in twisty conditions will invariably lead you to brake mid corner and upset the vehicle balance leading to a possible accident from loss of grip when you need it most.

evolite
07-31-2009, 06:42 PM
I do not mean twisty mountain roads,

I mean straight large interstates that happen to start an incline into a valley etc

like lets say going through New Mexico or Arizona. the road is straight and long, but starts a grade when you dont even know it, cant tell your going up or down, cause the scenery is confusing.

darkmana153
07-31-2009, 09:45 PM
ok gotcha ... iono i only used the cc on flat freeways. and it works just like any other cc when you press the brake it auto shut off but i dont remember if theres a resume , probly is. i needa take a look at my steering wheel

TRUSTcompany9000
08-01-2009, 02:05 PM
It should react about the same as you stated before. The CC on the Lancer family is all about the same, which is basically in the same manner as you described.

TheBlackBeast
08-03-2009, 02:50 PM
I do not mean twisty mountain roads,

I mean straight large interstates that happen to start an incline into a valley etc

like lets say going through New Mexico or Arizona. the road is straight and long, but starts a grade when you dont even know it, cant tell your going up or down, cause the scenery is confusing.
Ok, gotchya. Yeah, unfortunately if you hit the brake it will cancel cruise. you could downshift with the paddle though and that should help halt your increase of speed.

MTZL
09-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Cruise Control doesnt work when you have your TC-SST on Sport mode.
I just tried it (for everybodys FYI)

Normal mode it work like any other CC (I assume/my first car with CC)

CC can be useful for speed traps and long straight road

or just to save some gas if you have lead foot.

Heliart
10-28-2009, 06:03 PM
i noticed the cruise control on the Ralliart has some deficiency in capturing the speed. I hit set, let go of the gas pedal, speed dips 2-3 mph before rising back to the speed I tried to capture...anyone notice that? On my 2003 Tiburon the cruise control captures the speed that I set crisply...

TheBlackBeast
10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
I've found the same thing too. I figured mitsu must have done it to make for a smooth ride with the throttle. If you wait long enough it goes back to what you set it at while manually cruising.

MTZL
10-30-2009, 11:03 AM
i noticed the cruise control on the Ralliart has some deficiency in capturing the speed. I hit set, let go of the gas pedal, speed dips 2-3 mph before rising back to the speed I tried to capture...anyone notice that? On my 2003 Tiburon the cruise control captures the speed that I set crisply...

I've found the same thing too. I figured mitsu must have done it to make for a smooth ride with the throttle. If you wait long enough it goes back to what you set it at while manually cruising.

I never had that problem when I use CC. As soon as I get up to speed that I want, I turn the CC on and set to speed. It doesnt drop speed it stays at the speed I set it on.

TheBlackBeast
10-30-2009, 02:29 PM
I never had that problem when I use CC. As soon as I get up to speed that I want, I turn the CC on and set to speed. It doesnt drop speed it stays at the speed I set it on.
Hmm... I suppose that now that I think about it, this mainly happens when I'm accelerating and hit the button the second I see the needle hit the speed I want. That's when the speed will dip slightly. I don't recall seeing this happen when I've been manually cruising for a while at my desired speed and then hit the button. Looks like I'll have to pay more attention on the way home tonight.