PDA

View Full Version : question about

volksjager
01-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Bought a 09 Ralliart last month. Before that I had 04 Forester XT that had a sti 6mt swap. the forester had 279whp and 289wtq. Love the SST in the ralliart but i miss the power of the foz. been looking at AMS as they were the ones that tuned my foz. Thinking about their base tune plus boost pill.

don't really want to mod to much as i've been there and want a more stock ride...with just a bit of extra power. my question is what do i need to be able to reflash between ams tune and stock map? evoscan? tactrix? trying to avoid buying another cobb ap and having to get protune, but if that's the best way to get power + ease of switching back and forth i'm not dead set against it.

all suggestions appreciated. thanks in advance.

zeRep85
01-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Bought a 09 Ralliart last month. Before that I had 04 Forester XT that had a sti 6mt swap. the forester had 279whp and 289wtq. Love the SST in the ralliart but i miss the power of the foz. been looking at AMS as they were the ones that tuned my foz. Thinking about their base tune plus boost pill.

don't really want to mod to much as i've been there and want a more stock ride...with just a bit of extra power. my question is what do i need to be able to reflash between ams tune and stock map? evoscan? tactrix? trying to avoid buying another cobb ap and having to get protune, but if that's the best way to get power + ease of switching back and forth i'm not dead set against it.

all suggestions appreciated. thanks in advance.

If you only want a tad bit more power and are worried about your pocket being empty, check out Bryan's free GST basemaps;

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/443880-2009-lancer-ralliart-gst-basemap.html

If you want 300awhp you will need a diff turbo :)

zeRep

BravoZero
01-02-2012, 04:01 PM
If you only want a tad bit more power and are worried about your pocket being empty, check out Bryan's free GST basemaps;

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/443880-2009-lancer-ralliart-gst-basemap.html

If you want 300awhp you will need a diff turbo :)

zeRep

+1 for the GST basemap flashable tunes, they're friggin awesome. The ones made to the public are really made for a stock setup, including factory exhaust, intake, etc. You can get by with a drop-in filter and catback exhaust though.

If you're looking for a nice bump, try the 93 octane (or 91 if that's the only one available) with the aftermarket boost pill. Bryan is currently beta testing V2.7 right now, and from what I've read so far on EvoM, it's outstanding. V2.5 and V2.6 are available though. Biggest differences are throttle response and SST shifting. He's mainly looking for a happy medium between comfort and quick shifting, since the quicker the shifts happen, the less slip, which results in less heat buildup and longer transmission life.

If you don't have one already, pick up a cheap laptop and a Tactrix 2.0 cable, get a copy of EcuFlash and EvoScan for flashing and logging purposes.

About the 300awhp thing... it IS possible on the stock turbo, but you really have to tweak and mod the car quite a bit for it to happen. If you're not keen to doing an EvoX turbo swap, CBRD has the RAD (Ralliart Development) Turbo available, which is the stock TD04 turbo with some modifications for maximum efficiency. A member here, NFSLancerRA, had a Ralliart with the RAD turbo and a few other mods, and he made over 300awhp and about 290awtq.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/525860-nfs-lancer-ralliart-2.html

Plenty of options to suit your needs! Keep in mind that no matter how much power you want to run, do keep the SST in mind and do a conservative tune to help protect it. Upgraded clutch packs are available from SSP if you're looking to push over 350-400.

zeRep85
01-02-2012, 05:01 PM
About the 300awhp thing... it IS possible on the stock turbo, but you really have to tweak and mod the car quite a bit for it to happen.

Depends on the dyno too :) You will never reach 300awhp on a stock turbo on a "heartbreak" mustang dyno.

zeRep

volksjager
01-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Depends on the dyno too :) You will never reach 300awhp on a stock turbo on a "heartbreak" mustang dyno.

zeRep

yeah, i've never had much luck on mustang dyno breaking 300 :p

volksjager
01-02-2012, 08:29 PM
so is the promise of 50whp, 50 wtq from AMS base flash a little to optimistic?

BravoZero
01-03-2012, 06:53 AM
so is the promise of 50whp, 50 wtq from AMS base flash a little to optimistic?

You mean the AMS flash from their website? That's a good question. You might be able to check EvoM as I'm sure someone there has done it with their RA.

Is it possible? Absolutely, with the addition of a few bolt-ons and a similar custom tune, you can achieve those numbers.