PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels on the Ralliart

PunkSmurph
01-06-2012, 01:39 AM
So I posted up on some other sites on what wheel to get for the Ralliart, I narrowed it down to 3 I liked and the Enkei PF01 is so far in the lead that it looks like the choice wheel for my ride. The one thing was a lot of people talked about the Orange OZ wheels I put up and there was a strong yes or no from lots of people on it. Since I like different, I think I am going to powder coat the wheel. It will be a 18x8.5 245/40/R18 +35mm offset with Toyo Proxes4 tires. I don't have a final idea on color but White, Orange, Green all the considerations right now.

I have been searching for anyone with this wheel on a Ralliart to know if I am going to have an issue with TPMS installing on it. I know that some wheels do not like TPMS sensors from OEM's and was wondering if I was going to have that issue with the PF01. Enkei makes the Evo X wheel so I would not think so, but proof would be reassuring.

Enkei PF01 Link (http://www.enkei.com/pf01.html#)

http://www.enkei.com/images/pf01-large.jpg

BravoZero
01-06-2012, 06:09 AM
I ordered my wheels and tires from Tirerack, had aftermarket TPMS sensors installed along with a full mount and balance, they shipped them to my local tuner who installed them and recalibrated the new sensors. Removing old sensors and trying to put them in newer wheels is a PITA as it is, not to mention the differences in wheel size might throw the readings off since they're not properly calibrated, but I could be wrong.

xwxspawnxwx
01-06-2012, 06:25 AM
I had my enkies shipped directly to the Mitsu Dealership. They had free shipping with TireRack so it end up being cheaper. They also programmed the sensors for me.

Check with your dealer maybe you can get a cheaper price shipping to them.

Mkid
01-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Those are some nice wheels. I considered them myself for awhile. Also check out Work CR-Kai and if you are on more of a budget or want more size/color options, Rota Torque.

They are all very similar.

PunkSmurph
01-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Those are some nice wheels. I considered them myself for awhile. Also check out Work CR-Kai and if you are on more of a budget or want more size/color options, Rota Torque.

They are all very similar.

For color choices it will be a silver or one of the colors mentioned above. As for Work wheels they look good but pricing is about 25-30% higher then I could get Enkei's for and I am not a fan of Rota wheels.

Mkid
01-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Talk to a local dealer about the Works if you are into them. I remember when I spoke to a dealer about them they were only slightly more than the Rotas.

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/dealers.php

The Enkeis are an excellent choice too though. I'm not sure which weigh less though, you might want to look into that if you can.

SubjecttoChange
01-06-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm thinking about the same wheels! I liked the fact that they're light- much lighter than stock. What color is your ride?

wwralliart77
01-06-2012, 10:06 AM
What color is your ride?

^ He has a OB SB RA ;)

SubjecttoChange
01-06-2012, 10:22 AM
^ Thanks!

My $0.02... If you're going to powdercoat... White FTW!

Drew
01-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Removing old sensors and trying to put them in newer wheels is a PITA as it is, not to mention the differences in wheel size might throw the readings off since they're not properly calibrated, but I could be wrong.

I went from stock RA wheels to stock X wheels to 19's, all with the same sensors and no recal, so you should be fine. There is no calibration to wheel size. It is a pressure sensor, and pressure is pressure. Removing them and remounting them is also very easy. That is, if the new wheels will accept our sensors. Ours are the "O-Ring seal" style and not the "Rubber valve stem" style.

Drew
01-06-2012, 11:04 AM
If you are powdercoating them anyway, why not just get a set of stock X wheels?

PunkSmurph
01-06-2012, 12:15 PM
If you are powdercoating them anyway, why not just get a set of stock X wheels?

I would love to find a set that is not beat to crap, but have not had any luck with locals. I meet up with one guy who had stock Evo X wheels for sale but there was a ton of road rash on them, even at $400 with good tire tread it was not worth it. I won't buy wheels and have them shipped, it is just in both parties best interest with me as I can get picky about how a wheel looks.

wutangmo15
01-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I've gone from stock to OZ Wheels to X GSR wheels and the TPMS still works just fine.

JohnG
07-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Are the GSR wheels hard to clean?

RalliNurse
07-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Good to see u back wutang...where u been?

Sry to be off topic...

BravoZero
07-01-2012, 05:53 PM
You do realize that his post was back in January, right?

NFSLancerRA
07-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I have been searching for anyone with this wheel on a Ralliart to know if I am going to have an issue with TPMS installing on it.

TPMS Solution WITHOUT Reprogramming (http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack/601816-tpms-solution-proven-work.html)

Those wheels look terrible on actual cars, FYI. Check out the new Raijins.

RalliNurse
07-01-2012, 07:33 PM
You do realize that his post was back in January, right?

Ooooops...sry...lol

JohnG
07-01-2012, 08:36 PM
oops! didn't look at the date

MTZL
07-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Are the GSR wheels hard to clean?

Yes, too many spokes.

You should get a wheel with no spokes, would be very easy to clean then.
Im just kidding.

As far as the surface it is the same as any other wheels.
On a serious note, I would like a simple 5 spoke wheels.

The reason why I use GSR wheels is evo people practically give em away.