PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

RALM
02-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Has anyone found any sloted, drilled and dimple rotors for the front and rear that dont cost an arm and a leg? I found some for nearly a little over $400 for a combination of the front and rear. Hell sloted rotors all the way aroud for my mustang were less then $200.

BravoZero
02-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Again, do a search.

zeRep85
02-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Again, do a search.

I dont think he understands....

6 threads started all asking the same thing...

tsk tsk...

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp99/jgjd2001/49619748.jpg

NFSLancerRA
02-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Has anyone found any sloted, drilled and dimple rotors for the front and rear that dont cost an arm and a leg? I found some for nearly a little over $400 for a combination of the front and rear. Hell sloted rotors all the way aroud for my mustang were less then $200.

Don't put crappy brake rotors on your car. Drilled rotors are almost always a no-no. For the money, you cannot beat the StopTech Premium blanks. Why waste money on something that doesn't work?

MTZL
02-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Speaking of brakes. What happen to the brackets??? Are you going to make some more?

BravoZero
02-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Don't put crappy brake rotors on your car. Drilled rotors are almost always a no-no. For the money, you cannot beat the StopTech Premium blanks. Why waste money on something that doesn't work?

Speaking of brakes. What happen to the brackets??? Are you going to make some more?

WERD!!! I want to upgrade my brakes yo, I needz me sum brackets!

Markspd6
02-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Anyone try the Carbotrch pads? Ive used those on my track cars and DD in the past, they're way pricy, but great pads...

And when I actually tracked my car, the rotora cross drilled rotors cracked right away, my rec is to find a reasonably priced solution and skip the holes unless you just want the look?

TheBlackBeast
02-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Despite seeing cross-drilled rotors on Mbenz, for a track car they generally tend to crack when taken to the track. Slotted rotors are better. Aftermarket pads will get you better bang for your buck though.

TrailBrake
02-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Despite seeing cross-drilled rotors on Mbenz, for a track car they generally tend to crack when taken to the track. Slotted rotors are better. Aftermarket pads will get you better bang for your buck though.

I agree, cross drilled look pretty, but often crack from track use. Slotted rotors are more durable, and can deglaze the pads.

If you are willing to pay the big bucks, go for a set of slotted frozen (cryo treated) rotors. I had a set on my 928 S4 and they stood up to several years of lapping with full race Pagid black pads.

http://www.frozenrotors.com/about/why-slotted-rotors/

Jackal
02-10-2012, 08:46 PM
I used the link but from the drop down menu there is no choice for Ralliart just Lancer or Evo X. I guess I will have to give them a call if I manage to get near a phone of some kind.

TrailBrake
02-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Select 'Lancer - Except Evolution', and then you will see an option for year and model.

BravoZero
02-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Nice, might have to check this out.