PDA

View Full Version : Greddy FMIC kit for RA

Bwasley62
02-18-2012, 05:58 AM
hey I was looking at upgrading from the stock RA intercooler to either an evo x FMIC or possibly getting an after market one and I stumbled upon the Greddy FMIC kit that includes the hard piping. Its about $580 and sounds pretty good. But my question is that its about the same size or maybe a little bit bigger than stock the RA's compared to the the stock evo x which is twice the size of the RA, will it be better, the same, or worse than the evo x FMIC?

BravoZero
02-18-2012, 07:08 AM
hey I was looking at upgrading from the stock RA intercooler to either an evo x FMIC or possibly getting an after market one and I stumbled upon the Greddy FMIC kit that includes the hard piping. Its about $580 and sounds pretty good. But my question is that its about the same size or maybe a little bit bigger than stock the RA's compared to the the stock evo x which is twice the size of the RA, will it be better, the same, or worse than the evo x FMIC?

I too was going to go with the Greddy setup, but when I found out that it's only a couple of inches wider and slightly taller, not worth it. Plus, I comes with the upper and lower IC connectors, but retains most of the OEM piping.

It was designed to just barely fill up the lower grille opening on the Ralliart, that's it. It's not really any thicker than the OEM Ralliart IC either.

IMO... not worth it. You can find a full stock EvoX IC setup for much cheaper if you look around. I got the complete upper piping, lower piping and an intercooler all off of a GSR for $200, great condition.

Bwasley62
02-18-2012, 12:46 PM
That's kinda the way I was leaning but I was just curious. Thanks for the advice tho! And any recommendations on sites to find the evo x FMIC? I've been looking but im having a difficult time locating one...

NFSLancerRA
02-18-2012, 02:41 PM
That's kinda the way I was leaning but I was just curious. Thanks for the advice tho! And any recommendations on sites to find the evo x FMIC? I've been looking but im having a difficult time locating one...

I will sell you mine. $220, shipped.

Bwasley62
02-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Wow that would be great! And is that just the intercooler? And condition?