PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back

GAbOS
02-25-2012, 01:34 AM
I saw the progression of downtime.. Site, to DB and back. Did you guys try an update that went crazy, or do you need a new host?

I can recommend on both ends.

<-- loves his Coffee and CRA. :D

MikeW-RRE
02-25-2012, 01:44 AM
The hamster wheel is wobbly and fell off track. Lost all power! So Cal EVO was down too and lost all the posts for 3 days.

http://roadraceengineering.com/ralliart/silly-stuff/scehamster.jpg

Mike W

BravoZero
02-25-2012, 07:02 AM
I almost pulled a "Daniel von Bargen" I was so depressed not being able to access CR.

I'm sorry, too soon? Anyway, glad it's back up.

p1llar
02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
I spent some time on jk-forum.com ('08+ Wrangler forums). Hadn't been on there for months :p

KyleKitchen
02-28-2012, 06:02 PM
I almost pulled a "Daniel von Bargen" I was so depressed not being able to access CR.

What would that be?
Binge eat on sugar packets, get the diabetus, have your leg and toes cut off, and then try to blow your brains out and miss?

I'm glad it's back up too, by the way.

BravoZero
02-28-2012, 07:14 PM
What would that be?
Binge eat on sugar packets, get the diabetus, have your leg and toes cut off, and then try to blow your brains out and miss?

I'm glad it's back up too, by the way.

He actually tried before going to the hospital for the procedure, I do believe.

Sad either way.

Oops, this isn't OT.

coolguy949
03-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Our server threw a rod. The rod chunk flew out the side of the chassis and landed in the back-up server, taking that out too. For the more techy-heads, we had a double disk RAID-5 failure (equivalent to a rod flying out the side of your engine block). To top that off, we found out the back-ups were corrupted for some reason. Kinda like finding out your balancer belt failed and took out the whole bottom end (RRE are experts in this).

Happy to say, we're now running in an all-new cloud server environment. Server chunks will be donated to RRE's engine graveyard. :P

MTZL
03-06-2012, 10:34 AM
^ maybe RRE can build another battle bot with it. ;):cool:

Insane11RA
03-06-2012, 10:57 AM
That guy from VA broke the forum, 1863 posts in one day! Bwahaha! Jk!

GAbOS
03-06-2012, 10:59 AM
2 drives in one of the RAID5's failed? wow. You running a 3 or 5 disk array?

Bad luck either way.