PDA

View Full Version : does it piss u off ...

Esco
03-14-2012, 11:18 PM
When people refer to your car as an EVO? I keep correcting dudes here at work but they keep saying evo. I stopped correcting them, so at work I'm the "dude that drives the evo" lol smh

BravoZero
03-15-2012, 05:03 AM
When people refer to your car as an EVO? I keep correcting dudes here at work but they keep saying evo. I stopped correcting them, so at work I'm the "dude that drives the evo" lol smh

Nope, let them think it's an Evo.

I had someone call my gf's ES an Evo. Rolled my eyes and drove off.

E46byeRAhi
03-15-2012, 07:41 AM
when people ask 'is that an evo' i just say its a lancer. saying 'lancer ralliart' to non-car people just sounds pretentious

Drew
03-15-2012, 07:53 AM
when people ask 'is that an evo' i just say its a lancer. saying 'lancer ralliart' to non-car people just sounds pretentious

But an Evo is a Lancer too....

I just say it's a RalliArt. My tag actually says RalliArt, and people STILL say "Awesome Evo". I even had one guy at the sunoco get even more specific and say "Nice MR"..lol

Scarab23
03-15-2012, 07:55 AM
But an Evo is a Lancer too....

I just say it's a RalliArt. My tag actually says RalliArt, and people STILL say "Awesome Evo". I even had one guy at the sunoco get even more specific and say "Nice MR"..lol

lmao now thats funny, someone who knows cars enough to know the different trim levels of an evo, but not that the car is even an evo :D

SubjecttoChange
03-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Same. I stopped correcting people because it happened a lot. Nobody has the time to explain the differences. And when you say ralliart people look at you like you're from another world.

I just say..."thanks" now- and continue to believe that the person is ignorant of current Mitsu models.

Esco
03-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Nope, let them think it's an Evo.

I had someone call my gf's ES an Evo. Rolled my eyes and drove off.

Im proud of my wife, she can actually tell the difference between models! . . . but yeah like i said I stopped correcting, kinda feel a little guilt tho cuz im a proud RA owner:D

MTZL
03-15-2012, 09:28 AM
At least they didnt call your RA a prancer then you'd be pissed.
better to be pissed off then piss on. :D

This is why I have Ralliart logo on my Lancer from every angle of the car. :D

GAbOS
03-15-2012, 11:22 AM
I hate it that everyone and their mother tries to race me. I simply point to my SCCA sticker and ask them to meet me at the track. :)

MTZL
03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
I hate it that everyone and their mother tries to race me. I simply point to my SCCA sticker and ask them to meet me at the track. :)

I had this newer civic Si lowered with loud exhaust catch up to me & was reving at me (I ignored him drove normally) & took off at the light (I ignored him drove normally) & he came to almost complete stop to clear the train track going over it at an angle. I went over the track at normal speed limit past the civic & I smiled at him & gave him a thumbsup. (He was sad :() He didnt rev at me after that. :D

Track is the best place to let loose.
Let em know RA is no turtle. :D

BravoZero
03-15-2012, 12:04 PM
This is why I have Ralliart logo on my Lancer from every angle of the car. :D

Keep in mind, Ralliart did manufacture aftermarket parts for the older Evo's. So that could confuse people as well.

MTZL
03-15-2012, 12:17 PM
raliart brand had been butchered by the marketing idiots.
to me ralliart shouldve been the top of the line trim.

but somewhere down the line, they stuck ralliart badges on everything just to sell.
this was a huge let down for the brand. i think our lancer ralliart was "going out with a bang" from the ralliart performance dept before they shut down.

NFSLancerRA
03-15-2012, 05:34 PM
:D

I can't say that I have this problem.

colsankey
03-17-2012, 02:43 PM
that's because you sold out! :D

BravoZero
03-17-2012, 03:04 PM
:D

I can't say that I have this problem.

For you, it would be... Does it piss you off when someone just calls your Evo a Lancer? :)

NFSLancerRA
03-19-2012, 03:45 PM
For you, it would be... Does it piss you off when someone just calls your Evo a Lancer? :)

People either know what it is or just stand there staring at it. :D

Drew
03-19-2012, 03:55 PM

People who called it a Lancer would be just as correct as people calling it a Mitsubishi or an Evolution...lol.

BravoZero
03-19-2012, 04:33 PM
People either know what it is or just stand there staring at it. :D

I've had people do that to me, lol.

People who called it a Lancer would be just as correct as people calling it a Mitsubishi or an Evolution...lol.

While true, I would take it offensively if someone just called it a Lancer, without at least saying Evo or Evolution. If I had a high-end Lancer Evolution which costs about $20k more than the base model Lancer DE, I would say "no no, it's an Evo. Get it right." :D

NFSLancerRA
03-19-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't even bother telling people what I drive, anymore. I hate getting asked that question. There is no correct answer.

Girl (at bar): What do you drive?
Me: An Evo.
Girl: lol, a wut?
Me: It's a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.
Girl: ......
Me: It was designed for Rally Racing. It is a "rally car" of sorts.
Girl: Rally racing? I think that I need another drink.
Me: This one is on me.

NFSLancerRA
03-19-2012, 05:34 PM
If you buy an Evolution with the expectation of impressing anyone (other than yourself), then you are in for a serious shock.

My Eclipse convertible was my girl car.

BravoZero
03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Well that's when you get her in the car and take her for a drive :D

NFSLancerRA
03-19-2012, 06:04 PM
I never drive when going out, anymore. After the RA got destroyed, it just isn't worth it.

Drew
03-19-2012, 06:22 PM
My Eclipse convertible was my girl car.

No offense, because I have owned two 2g DSMs, both over 300awhp, but you don't get much more "girl car" than an eclipse convertible, because that is all that I see driving them....lols...:D:D

Honestly, I call my car by two names....The RalliArt and the Lancer. The Lancer has a pretty proud heritage, and I wouldn't dismiss it. A Hennesey Viper is still a Viper, and not offensive to call it such. I have no problem with people calling my car a Lancer. It is a Lancer Ralliart. I'm sure Mustang GT drivers don't get offended when their cars are called Mustangs.

NFSLancerRA
03-19-2012, 06:43 PM
No offense, because I have owned two 2g DSMs, both over 300awhp, but you don't get much more "girl car" than an eclipse convertible, because that is all that I see driving them....lols...:D:D

O rly?

http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-rides/89256-first-awd-3rd-gen-eclipse.html

Drew
03-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Dude, you just SUPPORTED my argument. Car you posted is no more convertible than my 3 mitsus..lol. Not saying there aren't hawt ones out there, but most eclipse convertibles are known for synchronizing oil changes with gyno appointments...:D:D

NFSLancerRA
03-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Dude, you just SUPPORTED my argument. Car you posted is no more convertible than my 3 mitsus..lol. Not saying there aren't hawt ones out there, but most eclipse convertibles are known for synchronizing oil changes with gyno appointments...:D:D

The point of that thread is that there are AWD 3G's. It is just as easy to do that with a regular 3G as opposed to a Spyder. That would be a sweet convertible. They look really sick when done correctly.

For instance:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-rides/49098-my-gts-spyder.html

NFSLancerRA
03-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Mine was an all black Spyder, as well. Now, imagine if I were to use an Outlander Automatic transmission to make that AWD with 2G and Evolution VIII components. It would be...the greatest convertible...ever.

BravoZero
03-19-2012, 06:57 PM
The point of that thread is that there are AWD 3G's. It is just as easy to do that with a regular 3G as opposed to a Spyder. That would be a sweet convertible. They look really sick when done correctly.

For instance:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-rides/49098-my-gts-spyder.html

I remember the build threads for this and the blue AWD 3G. Two unique cars that no one wanted to replicate. Hell, it takes about $10k just to build the 6G72 up for boost, then you have the trouble of finding a kit that works on the car reliably. I wanted to boost my GT when I had it, but it just wasn't worth in IMO. So it became a daily "show" car.

Then I bought the Ralliart, and suddenly I have the urge to make it more powerful because you can, easily and cheap. :)

BravoZero
03-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Mine was an all black Spyder, as well. Now, imagine if I were to use an Outlander Automatic transmission to make that AWD with 2G and Evolution VIII components. It would be...the greatest convertible...ever.

Hmm... apart from the cost of the 3G and the parts, I could see this becoming a reality. You'd have to rebuild the Outlander auto tranny to be able to handle the added power, I highly doubt it's capable of it.

NFSLancerRA
03-19-2012, 07:10 PM
That is why I would buy a GS Spyder if I were to do it again. That is pretty easy to build.

NFSLancerRA
03-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Hmm... apart from the cost of the 3G and the parts, I could see this becoming a reality. You'd have to rebuild the Outlander auto tranny to be able to handle the added power, I highly doubt it's capable of it.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/580582-evolution-evolved-english-racing-presents-usdm-auto-evo.html

John Bradley seems to think that it can.

BravoZero
03-20-2012, 05:04 AM
True, the GS is a much better platform for a custom build. As nice as it is to have a 3.0 V6, it's just not a reliable engine once you start tinkering with it.

And that link about the automatic Evo... very interesting.