PDA

View Full Version : Got hit by an idiot not paying attention today

GAbOS
03-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Went to court today to take care of a fix-it-ticket. Parked on the left side of a 3 lane, one way street. Leaving, I had my right hand signal on, waiting for the left lane to become free to pull out. It did, and I started to pull out when a guy (read: idiot) decided he want to change from teh center lane into mine just as half my car was already there. Scrapped his CR-V right across the front right of my car. Ugh.. It's drivable, just hideous to look at, and my heart has sunk to the floor.

On the bright side, patience has payed off and am in communication on a local Craigs listing for a 1990 325is. :)

RalliNurse
03-19-2012, 02:33 PM
He better have insurance...

SubjecttoChange
03-19-2012, 02:34 PM
:( Another one bites the dust? Not getting it fixed then (totalled)? I was in a fender bender this past week to... WTF.

BravoZero
03-19-2012, 02:48 PM
It's his fault, you already initiated the maneuver and he wasn't paying attention. His insurance should pay for it, you'll get all new metal and paint, and you'll be good to go. There's no way it's a total loss, not even close.

GAbOS
03-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Oh no, not a loss. Just the bumper cover, fender, maybe light and hood and whatever got busted that all of that connects to. I was able to drive away. Just super pissed.

The bimmer is going to be a toy/daily driver. I don't want to put too much money in the Lancer and track it at the same time, for fear I may have to eat 10k on the transmission. Resale value for our cars is pretty damned decent. If I can keep the miles off of it, and get a little more paid off, should be able to make some money on it.

BravoZero
03-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Oh no, not a loss. Just the bumper cover, fender, maybe light and hood and whatever got busted that all of that connects to. I was able to drive away. Just super pissed.

The bimmer is going to be a toy/daily driver. I don't want to put too much money in the Lancer and track it at the same time, for fear I may have to eat 10k on the transmission. Resale value for our cars is pretty damned decent. If I can keep the miles off of it, and get a little more paid off, should be able to make some money on it.

My thoughts exactly (except for the modding, of course) when I bought my Civic as a daily beater. Keeps mileage and wear off the Ralliart, saves me a hell of a lot on gas (about $100 per month on average), and I can mod it without worry about it's reliability every day to get me to/from work.

SubjecttoChange
03-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Oh Ok Good! I'm glad it's not a loss... it just sucks. Well if you've got a new DD... get it fixed and do a turbo swap!

Insane11RA
03-20-2012, 12:15 PM
No pics?.?

MTZL
03-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Damn sry to hear about your accident. :(
Hope your RA have a speedy recovery.

GAbOS
03-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Here's a pic. Sorry for the late post, but I'm trying my best not to think about it. :)

http://screens.fmmotorsports.com/gab/ralliart/ralliart_accident.jpg

BravoZero
03-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Nonsense, that'll buff right out. Just clip the bumper back on and you're good to go.

GAbOS
03-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Nonsense, that'll buff right out. Just clip the bumper back on and you're good to go.

lol, I wish. :) Totally cracked at the inside corder near the headlight. the headlight, strangely enough, has broken pieces inside of it, but not the case. Connections under the hood are all snapped or jacked and the hood has a few nice paint crinkles in it now from where it slightly bent.

Insane11RA
03-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Ouchie, I had a huge hole in my bumper that I had to stare at for months I know the feeling.

BravoZero
03-21-2012, 08:43 AM
I had a new front bumper painted and installed late last month, a dump truck full of gravel pulled out in front of me on Route 50 in Chantilly, rocks flew up all over my car and my new bumper isn't so new anymore. So now I have to get all of those spots touched up. Mofos.

GAbOS
03-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Just added a car to the stables. :) Told ya I was hunting for one, and found it.

1990 325is, with lots of Euro parts to boot!

http://screens.fmmotorsports.com/gab/ralliart/ralliart_bimmer.jpg

BravoZero
03-24-2012, 06:37 AM
Very nice!

Jhun35
03-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Those two cars look beautiful together. Hate to hear about your accident tho. I had something similar happen to me but instead I dodged and spun my eclipse out on the interstate. Luckily I didn't hit anything or get hurt.