PDA

View Full Version : RRE FMIC & Exhaust upgrade

RocketRay
03-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Finally got the $$$ together to upgrade my '10 S/B, so dropped it off Tuesday & picked it up yesterday. The dyno was booked this week so I have to wait until next week to get that done, but already it's had the desired effect. Exhaust note is more aggressive but not loud.

So far I'm quite pleased. :)

RalliNurse
03-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Plz post pics of ur fmic & exhaust if possible...

BravoZero
03-30-2012, 04:46 AM
Pics... or it didn't happen, lol.

Markspd6
04-02-2012, 02:27 PM
gonna have to keep an eye out for this guy!!

and the exhaust mod they do isnt loud, it just guts the baffles.. but, it def helps with flow.. has a little drone at points, but def much more stealth than gettin an aftermarket muff...

RocketRay
04-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Got it dynoed Tuesday night, went from 220whp to 263 whp. Car feels like a monster now. Haven't had a chance to really open it up, traffic has been too thick on the freeway so far.

Something's messed up, can't upload pics. And they're not too big either. :P

crak
04-05-2012, 11:59 AM
what no pill!?@?

BravoZero
04-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Got it dynoed Tuesday night, went from 220whp to 263 whp. Car feels like a monster now. Haven't had a chance to really open it up, traffic has been too thick on the freeway so far.

Something's messed up, can't upload pics. And they're not too big either. :P

263awhp on a simple intercooler and catback? There has to be something else in the mix, especially if you're running 91 octane in California.

RocketRay
04-05-2012, 12:47 PM
263awhp on a simple intercooler and catback? There has to be something else in the mix, especially if you're running 91 octane in California.

He gave me a little piece of hose and said if I needed warranty work they'd have to put that back in. He also said they'd have to flash it back to stock (n/c) and I'd have to drive it a few days before taking it in. So yeah, not just the parts.

BravoZero
04-05-2012, 12:49 PM
He gave me a little piece of hose and said if I needed warranty work they'd have to put that back in. He also said they'd have to flash it back to stock (n/c) and I'd have to drive it a few days before taking it in. So yeah, not just the parts.

You have an aftermarket boost pill installed then. Do you remember where that "piece of hose" went? If it connected to the turbo compressor outlet pipe that connects to the upper intercooler pipe, then you've been pill'ed. That would explain the huge jump in power.

sstevojr
04-05-2012, 04:01 PM
~260 is what a full tuned RA makes on RRE's dyno. I remember when that happened like it was yesterday, so forceful the way it shoved me back in the seat :D

BravoZero
04-05-2012, 04:38 PM
~260 is what a full tuned RA makes on RRE's dyno. I remember when that happened like it was yesterday, so forceful the way it shoved me back in the seat :D

Sounds.... kinky ;)

crak
04-05-2012, 08:29 PM
the hose is probably the pill

SubjecttoChange
04-06-2012, 08:06 AM
the hose is probably the pill

Sounds like probably = definitely. Not bad numbers though!

RocketRay
04-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Sounds like probably = definitely. Not bad numbers though!

Yeah, I think so too. I wasn't able to watch very closely cause I brought my kids along. They had a great time playing with Mike's son Bryce. After all, this is my dad car! :)