PDA

View Full Version : SST Tranny Temp Gauge

TrailBrake
03-30-2012, 10:18 AM
I don't know how I missed this thread earlier from another board, but here is an option for those like me who can't enable logging on their ECU without voiding the factory warranty (don't ask me to get into that - but the dealers here won't allow flashes):

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25432

BravoZero
03-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Very neat! Perfect project for someone about to do a SST fluid change soon. Seems like the only part involved in the fluid change itself is modifying one of the drain bolts to accommodate the temp sensor, the rest can be done at any other time. Great find.

SubjecttoChange
03-30-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't know how I missed this thread earlier from another board, but here is an option for those like me who can't enable logging on their ECU without voiding the factory warranty (don't ask me to get into that - but the dealers here won't allow flashes):

I thought all dealers were against any sort of "ECU-modification"- still a pretty cool idea for monitoring on the fly! Thanks!

Markspd6
03-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Sorry, There's no way to monitor this electronically without voiding your warranty? Not sure how a monitor could affect warranty..

I'm running a Dashhawk for boost and temps, I normally it run on my Mazda.. I couldnt find a tranny temp.

razorlab
03-30-2012, 05:01 PM

You can log trans temps in Evoscan without modding (flashing) your ECU. It's available on the CAN line.

No Mode23 needed.

BravoZero
03-30-2012, 06:52 PM
You can log trans temps in Evoscan without modding (flashing) your ECU. It's available on the CAN line.

No Mode23 needed.

Ah, that's good stuff. No excuse now for you worried about your warranty. Thanks for the clarification Bryan!

TrailBrake
03-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks Bryan. From another thread, I got the impression mode23 was the only way I could get this info.

So just Tactrix cable will do the trick?

BravoZero
03-31-2012, 05:35 AM
Thanks Bryan. From another thread, I got the impression mode23 was the only way I could get this info.

So just Tactrix cable will do the trick?

Tactrix and a laptop with EvoScan installed.

TrailBrake
04-03-2012, 09:38 AM

Where would I find info on how to configure this gizmo for SD card logging? Hopefully it won't involve going on EvoM.

razorlab
04-03-2012, 09:43 AM

Where would I find info on how to configure this gizmo for SD card logging? Hopefully it won't involve going on EvoM.

Yes, just need Tactrix 2.0, Evoscan and put these entries in your Evoscan data settings:

<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="SST Transmission Temp" LogReference="SST_TM_Temp" RequestID="CAN28-0" Eval="x-50" Unit="C" MetricEval="x-50" MetricUnit="Deg C" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="1000" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="1000" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Odd Clutch Temp" LogReference="OddClutchTemp" RequestID="CAN33-0" Eval="x/4" Unit="C" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Even Clutch Temp" LogReference="EvenClutchTemp" RequestID="CAN33-2" Eval="x/4" Unit="C" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Odd Clutch Pressure" LogReference="OddClutchPressure" RequestID="CAN35-0" Signed="True" Eval="x*2*0.014504" Unit="psi" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Even Clutch Pressure" LogReference="EvenClutchPressure" RequestID="CAN35-2" Signed="True" Eval="x*2*0.014504" Unit="psi" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Odd Clutch SlipSpeed" LogReference="OddClutchSlipSpeed" RequestID="CAN34-0" Signed="True" Eval="x/2" Unit="rpm" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Even Clutch SlipSpeed" LogReference="EvenClutchSlipSpeed" RequestID="CAN34-2" Signed="True" Eval="x/2" Unit="rpm" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Odd Input Shaft Speed" LogReference="OddInputShaftSpeed" RequestID="CAN36-0" Eval="x" Unit="rpm" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Even Input Shaft Speed" LogReference="EvenInputShaftSpeed" RequestID="CAN36-2" Eval="x" Unit="rpm" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />

BravoZero
04-03-2012, 09:50 AM

Where would I find info on how to configure this gizmo? Hopefully it won't involve going on EvoM.

You'll need a laptop or some type of portable PC.

To log data, you'll need EvoScan: http://www.evoscan.com/

To flash maps/ROMs to the car, you'll need ECUflash: http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=36&Itemid=58

Once the software has been configured, connect your Tactrix module to your computer via USB, install the drivers and you'll be good to go. Also grab the XML definitions for your car at http://goldenevo.com/ and copy them to this directory: OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo

First thing you'll want to do is make a backup of your stock ROM. To do this, connect the Tactrix up to the car via OBDII, open ECUflash, go to the options and enable Developer Mode, this will give you full access to the program. Turn the key to the ON position but DO NOT start the car. Then, click on the blue-arrow ECU icon at the top, select 2006+ Mitsubishi CAN, then click OK. This will read everything from your ECU. Don't be alarmed, the radiator fans will come on, all of the systems will say they're failing, etc etc, everything is perfectly fine.

Once you've done this, the fans will shut off, your computer will tell you that it's read the ECU successfully. Go to File and save the ROM. Label it as such to where you know it's the stock ROM and not a custom basemap tune. I have my stock ROM saved in about 10 different locations just in case.

To configure EvoScan, you'll have to refer to one of the other sites for more details on how to log SST info.

TrailBrake
04-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks Bryan and Bravo! :D

BravoZero
04-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Ninja edited while I responded to your question, you bastard! :)

Oh well, at least you have instructions on how to get everything set up now.