PDA

View Full Version : Hey

freddie07
08-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Well, my name is Freddie and I'm 28. I live in Port St. Lucie, FL. I just got my 2009 Black Lancer Ralliart on August 15, 2009. I traded in my 03 Infiniti G35 Coupe because I really needed a four door. This is my first turbo car but is not the first turbo car I have worked on. I have some plans for this car but I'm not going to mod it too much because is a lease so I have to keep it as much stock look as possible. Look foward to posting on this site and meeting new people.

Ladogaboy
08-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Welcome!

You, sir, have taste. Black is a very good color. :p

TheBlackBeast
08-27-2009, 02:51 PM
I'll second that compliment in the color department!

Welcome aboard!

HiggsRA
08-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Third haha... and welcome

bmanuhutu
08-28-2009, 06:22 AM
hahaha 4 black RA's up in here, i feel lonely now :( lol
anyways welcome, feel free to read our Tech Talk and Power Mods forum to see what power options are available.

freddie07
08-28-2009, 07:19 AM
thanks guys. I actually was going to get a silver one because all my recent cars have been black but I'm really glad I got black now. My soon to be next mod is to plastic dip all this chrome.

RalliUp
08-28-2009, 07:23 AM
To that point about the lease / warranty. What do you guys think we can do to our cars, and still be able to take our cars in for repair in case SH#$ happens.

freddie07
08-29-2009, 05:49 AM
that all depends on what you do to the car. You can do almost anything to the car but lets say you lower the car and you start hearing noises when you hit bumps, then you'll have to put the car back to stock hieght before you take it in because the cause for it might be that you lowered it but in that same case if you lower the car and your car wont start then it has nothing to do with what you did so you don't have to worry about putting it back to stock.

freddie07
08-29-2009, 05:51 AM
If you do engine mods I would suggest keeping it as stock look alike as possible unless you have a cool service deparment and they can hook you up.

MTZL
08-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Why would you upgrade a car you are leasing? I wouldnt upgrade a car thats not mine.

MTZL
08-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Thats like putting rims and performance parts on a rental car.

Not talking down on a lease & sometimes its better to lease than to buy.
If you do not want to own, leasing is better than renting a car.
But dont put money on a lease, its bad investment and waste of money.

freddie07
08-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Well the only reason I leased this car was because of how bad I was upside down on my car that I traded in but I'm trully in love with this car so I might keep it after the lease is up but I can't do much to it because I got a 5year warranty with this car and I got all my maintance paid for the next 5 years also so I might have to keep it stock looking for a while. We'll see because after looking at some of you guy's RAs the mod bug might bite and hard.:)

MTZL
08-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Well the only reason I leased this car was because of how bad I was upside down on my car that I traded in but I'm trully in love with this car so I might keep it after the lease is up but I can't do much to it because I got a 5year warranty with this car and I got all my maintance paid for the next 5 years also so I might have to keep it stock looking for a while. We'll see because after looking at some of you guy's RAs the mod bug might bite and hard.

You got a 5yr warrenty on a lease? hmm.. why? its a lease.
Im glad you're deciding to keep it though.
Well since you have 5yrs warrenty, I would wait 5yrs before any power, drivetain, suspension upgrade mod.

its already fast stock and where I live you cant drive down two blocks without bike or unmark cops hidding and waiting to give you a ticket for anything, bold tires, no licence plate up front, tinted windows & etc.
I just cruise at speed limit. already got a ticket for 55 on 45 zone cost me 300+ for 10 over. Thats one month car payment. Lesson learned.

Yeah I agree +150whp! is tempting, money spent for Daily Driving is not worth it cause you cant enjoy the +150whp power on Daily Drive. Definitely on the track it will be hell of a ride!
I will be making the leap once my car is paid off. or when my 3yr 36k is up.

Does your 5yr Warrenty cover Mechnical and Wear and tear? or just mechnical?

freddie07
09-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Well, they gave me a five year warranty for free and I got the warranty for oil changes and tire rotation and stuff like that. They hooked me up when I got this.

I actually met the Service advisor at the dealer and he said that I can hook it up as long as I dont touch inside the motor. He said that is something goes wring with the car that as long as it has nothing to do with what I did to it then they'll be able to fix it under warranty and if it has something to do with what I did he said to put it that certain thing back to stock and bring it in and he'll fix it under warranty. He's a really cool guy and he races also so he knows how it is to have a turbo car and wanting to race it or even just hooking it up.

freddie07
09-02-2009, 07:33 AM
I'm not that much into racing but I'm really into is the wide rims and stretch tire look (Aggressive or Flush look) so that's what I might do first to this car. I'm going to be pushing the limits of fitment on this car.

MTZL
09-02-2009, 11:17 AM
You got a hell of a dealer!
Waiting to hear the test results on fitments.

freddie07
09-02-2009, 05:27 PM
I'll defenetly keep you posted it. One of my good friends is sponsored by this rim company down in Miami so me and him are going to stop by there and we are going to measure and test fit a couple of different options but I have to wait till I have the money to buy the suspension because we both know that a nice set up is nothing with out that mean stance.

Ladogaboy
09-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Why would you upgrade a car you are leasing? I wouldnt upgrade a car thats not mine.

+1 Me neither.

freddie07
09-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Well I'm keeping it so it is mine

MTZL
09-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Sup Freddie, Glad to hear you r keepin it.:cool: Any results on fitments yet?

freddie07
09-27-2009, 01:20 AM
No word yet. I'm saving up some money right now to try and get some Coilovers but if I can't come up with it then I'll just settle for springs for now but hopefully soon.