PDA

View Full Version : EXOX MR SPDI Plasma Ignition

wolverineottawa
04-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Here are the results for a EVOX MR we did in Toronto Ontario. We used a virtual dyno, same road same weather conditions and same starting point for every pull. I know its not the most accurate way to test but it will show gains and losses. To be upfront some settings we did loose power but it goes to show you that adjusting the spark can make a difference. We did about 20 tests and here are the results.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc116/AftershockAutomotive/EVOXMRSPDI.jpg

The most impressive part is how smooth the car was.

sstevojr
04-17-2012, 04:47 PM
I gotta say this is way too vague. I can make 20whp by 'changing the spark' as well.
What/how/why? If ever hope to sell a $1500 do-hicky, you are going to need loads more info :rolleyes:

crak
04-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Do we get a free system if I help test? What's in it for us to test?

TrailBrake
04-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Here are the results for a EVOX MR we did in Toronto Ontario.

As Toronto has several AWD dynos, why wasn't this benchmarked on a real dyno?

http://magnusmotorsports.com/awd-dyno
http://www.advancepowerhouse.com/module.php?name=custompages&page=39

TheBlackBeast
04-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Before this thread gets out of hand and I have to lock/close it, please take a step back and stop the back and forth.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I think both Brian & Wolverineottawa have stated theirs clearly.

zeRep85
04-19-2012, 11:52 AM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/04-06-ralliart-general/598077-spdi-plasma-discharge-ignition-3.html

NFSLancerRA is the piggy!

zeRep

NFSLancerRA
04-19-2012, 11:53 AM
I must admit, this is a little bit underwhelming.

NFSLancerRA
04-19-2012, 11:55 AM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/04-06-ralliart-general/598077-spdi-plasma-discharge-ignition-3.html

NFSLancerRA is the piggy!

zeRep

I am having second thoughts about that. I simply don't have the money to cover any issues that may arise from this system, as of now.

wolverineottawa
04-19-2012, 01:14 PM
I am having second thoughts about that. I simply don't have the money to cover any issues that may arise from this system, as of now.

What issues are you worried about? If you cant that is ok the system is out for testing and the results will vary do to testing differences but the bottom line is there will be gains.

Blaze
04-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Public warning:

This is a very peaceful forum. If you have an opinion, great. If you have a new product, good for you. We will not tollerate vendor vrs vendor here. Take it offline or you can take it up with me.

If you get into a bro-down here, I'll lock your accounts period, end of story.

Blaze

wolverineottawa
04-19-2012, 01:34 PM
As Toronto has several AWD dynos, why wasn't this benchmarked on a real dyno?

http://magnusmotorsports.com/awd-dyno
http://www.advancepowerhouse.com/module.php?name=custompages&page=39

The test vehicle we used wanted to feel the difference in the car first and he reported as much on another forum. The owner of the test vehicle knows the guys at Advanced very well and now that the test vehicle has shown gains and the driver was impressed we will schedule a test date in the near future....I am guessing you see why it was done this way.

SubjecttoChange
04-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Well put Blaze.

I think those of us tuned in are just looking for solid and transparent data that links the plasma spark type technology to power gains, and cannot be attributed to other factors like tuning. Simple. No hard feelings at all- it just won't have true believers until there's more concrete data that's made available.

I think we're all for more power. If there's reasonable proof- there will be a market.

razorlab
04-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Public warning:

This is a very peaceful forum. If you have an opinion, great. If you have a new product, good for you. We will not tollerate vendor vrs vendor here. Take it offline or you can take it up with me.

Blaze

Vendor vs vendor?

I'm not a vendor anymore. I no longer work for GST nor do I sell anything.

My comments where opinions coming from an enthusiast (and facts from years of testing), just because you thought I was vendor I get wiped out?

Awesome.

PS. I've asked before to change my username but it fell on deaf ears.

Blaze
04-19-2012, 02:04 PM
PS. I've asked before to change my username but it fell on deaf ears.

My apologies. I'll deal with that right now....

wolverineottawa
04-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Crak,

There is a test system in Winnipeg. Be a bit before those numbers come in due to their testing schedule.

BravoZero
04-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Guys, keep this on topic or this thread will be shut down permanently. No more talk about what's a better ignition system over another, no more talk about username changes. If you have a request, PM a moderator. Keep this about the "plasma ignition system". If this gets off track one more time, it will be closed and the involved members will receive infractions.

Last warning.

MTZL
04-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Did I read this right? 3060lbs for Evo X MR (diet/race prepped)?
20hp gain on virtual dyno for 1500$ ignition system?
Also sad numbers for Evo X MR. I do that with almost a stock RA. :(

How much additional amperage is it using? Can you use mini battery with this system?
If one can tune on stock ignition to gain the same amount of power why would anyone want to use plasma ignition system?

To OP you're going to need much more info on why your plasma system is worth the money you're selling it for.

Not to get off topic but most of us have personal experience with buying things that doesnt work as advertise. ;):rolleyes:
For example: I once bought a jdm k20 from Canada & finally got it almost a month later.
Finally got to open it up a few days later only to find water & mud oozing out of the intake manifold & exhaust manifold.
I couldnt get my money back & the seller refuse to accept shipment back. I learn a valuable lesson in dealing with out of state shipment & big item purchase & nothing is ever as advertised.

CRA is also not a place for people trying to make a buck. We actually help each other with review & personal experiences with parts.

I hope it works, I hope you can make a decent sale if it works like advertised. Going on pissing contest with people that already know if it will work or not isnt going to win you more sales. fyi.
Cheers looking forward to more info on this thingamajagga.

sstevojr
04-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Damn I miss all the action....again....:(

wolverineottawa
04-19-2012, 04:18 PM
We know it works as I said that VD is not the most accurate but it did show gains form the base line. Now what needs to be done is get the system into the hands of tuners and see what they can do. Having the ability to control the power and duration of the spark can make a big difference. The company is so sure of this they are offering a money back if you do not see gains.

Again the VD is NOT TO SHOW REAL numbers but to show the system will give you gains.

MTZL
04-19-2012, 04:24 PM
My friend had a Virtual Dyno, & it show gains even without any parts being installed. So VD is not going to prove anything. Also if you use the same company to test & sell this thing, it doesn't mean much to us.

We dont even trust our friends saying "this is going to give you more horse power to the roof." :D

In the end, the devil is in the detail.

wolverineottawa
04-19-2012, 04:34 PM
I agree that is why there are a few companies doing their own testing.

sstevojr
04-19-2012, 05:03 PM
As I said before, I can make the car change +/- 20whp by "adjusting the spark" as well, it's called relative position to TDC. Hell a voltage stabilizer for $80 will probably get 10whp.
There needs to be a good write-up explaining why someone should spend that kind of money. For $1500 I can slap in a new turbo and gain 50+whp; then I can spend about a week tweaking out on re-tuning the tables to make DD butter smooth. (Side note, you commented 'how smooth' the VD is, buts it's set to 5 :rolleyes:).

NFSLancerRA
04-19-2012, 05:23 PM
What issues are you worried about? If you cant that is ok the system is out for testing and the results will vary do to testing differences but the bottom line is there will be gains.

It is a financial thing. I am trying to put money together, but I have a lot going on right now.

NFSLancerRA
04-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Public warning:

Blaze

http://youtu.be/pDxjFIOxw4c

TrailBrake
04-20-2012, 04:32 AM
The test vehicle we used wanted to feel the difference in the car first and he reported as much on another forum. The owner of the test vehicle knows the guys at Advanced very well and now that the test vehicle has shown gains and the driver was impressed we will schedule a test date in the near future....I am guessing you see why it was done this way.

Fair enough. I am interested seeing the physical dyno numbers when they become available.

crak
04-20-2012, 09:29 AM
http://youtu.be/pDxjFIOxw4c

keep pressing 9 as well.