PDA

View Full Version : Touring Package

CoCoBeware
04-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

1st let me say that I really enjoy readng through the threads on here and looking at the pics. I am in search of new car and right now the Ralliart is on top of my list. I also appologize if this question has already been asked and I missed it.

My question is if the touring package is worth the extra money or not. The 2 features I like the most with this package are the leather seats and upgraded audio system. On the flip side I currently have leather seats in my mommy-mobile(aka Honda CR-V) and I can't stand them half the time as they are so hot in summer and freezing in the winter. They are heated, but that still takes time kick in. I have the standard audio system in my Honda and I have no complaints, but I do not know how standard audio in Honda and Mitsubushi compare.

Also if I do get the touring package, is there any way to keep the original rear spoiler or would I have to do a complete trunk swap?

Any comments or suggestios would be greatly appreciated.

Thank:)

BravoZero
04-11-2012, 09:16 AM
First off, welcome!

To answer your question... It's all based on your needs. The factory base audio system isn't half bad to be honest, I'm keeping mine stock. If you're big into great audio, then you might be tempted to replace the audio system either way. But the Rockford Fosgate system is nice as well.

If the leather seats are a huge issue, then you're better off with the base Ralliart. I prefer cloth over leather for the same exact reasons. Plus they're easier to maintain.

The touring package comes with the lip spoiler, and to have the standard spoiler you'd have to have it installed separately or trunk swap.

In the end, if you want the spoiler and prefer cloth seats, go with the base Ralliart instead of the touring package. The audio is easy to upgrade in this car if you want to. Hope this helps!

CoCoBeware
04-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Thank You! Your response helps a lot actually. In the end if I get the base, I would probably just upgrade audio system, something with navigation intergrated which I think would also give the dash a better look. If you have any reccomendations once again I'm open.

Thanks again and the more I talk about this car the more I want it! Wicked White is calling my name!

SubjecttoChange
04-11-2012, 10:14 AM
I like having a nice sound system and the base is quite lacking IMO, and the cloth on the seats isn't great. I don't like leather though- and the sound thing is easy to fix aftermarket for less $$.
I don't think the touring package is worth it either- so I got mine base. The nav unit is cool looking too though. But- I'd rather go faster so I'm spending my spare cash accordingly!

WW is awesome. Do it!

CoCoBeware
04-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks SubjecttoChange!

Go fast parts are awesome, my BF has them on his WRX and I love being the car with him. I think I would have to start slow and do minor cosmetic things while I adust to the stock power. After that I might want some go fast parts, but baby steps first. Any reccomendations on sound/navi system?

AutoX_Ralliart
04-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Depends on what your looking to do. There are single din units out there with motorized screens that work well if you dont want to get the double din dash kits (Power Acoustik PNX-741 comes to mind). If you want the double din nav, then there are plenty of units out there that work just fine. Pioneer and clarion are good places to start looking. There are some replica double din dash kits that dont look OEM at all but that doesnt necessarily bother some people.

RalliNurse
04-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah...the touring pkg is not like the 2010's...at least u get recaros...but yeah..get the basic and call it a day...

CoCoBeware
04-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. From what I have heard so far seems like the base is the way to go. I did forget that that without touring package I would not have a sunroof :( so I will have to decide if I can live without it. I had a chance to visit Pioneers website and their Navi/Audio systems look pretty good, especially the touch screens.

You guys rock!!! My 17 y.o. is going to be so mad if I get this car because that means he will be stuck with my Honda CR-V(glacier blue)....LOL but at least he will have a car!

I will keep everyone posted and whatever other questions I have you guys will be the first to know!

RalliNurse
04-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. From what I have heard so far seems like the base is the way to go. I did forget that that without touring package I would not have a sunroof :( so I will have to decide if I can live without it. I had a chance to visit Pioneers website and their Navi/Audio systems look pretty good, especially the touch screens.

You guys rock!!! My 17 y.o. is going to be so mad if I get this car because that means he will be stuck with my Honda CR-V(glacier blue)....LOL but at least he will have a car!

I will keep everyone posted and whatever other questions I have you guys will be the first to know!

Sunroofs are overrated...I barely used my sunroof when I had my 01 civic ex...don't even sweat that...save some loot and do audio upgrade...one thing though...if u have an aftermarket touchscreen...u have to be careful due to break-ins....

AutoX_Ralliart
04-12-2012, 04:46 AM
Sunroofs are overrated...I barely used my sunroof when I had my 01 civic ex...don't even sweat that...save some loot and do audio upgrade...one thing though...if u have an aftermarket touchscreen...u have to be careful due to break-ins....

+1 Thats why I prefer the single din touchscreens. They are a tad bit less "oh hai come take me" than the double din screens that just sit there.

bossssman38
04-13-2012, 07:57 AM
I feel old, sunroof wasn't even an option in 09.

Back when the premium package was a friggin steal for the price. I still regret not getting that package...

BravoZero
04-13-2012, 08:04 AM
I feel old, sunroof wasn't even an option in 09.

Back when the premium package was a friggin steal for the price. I still regret not getting that package...

I regret not pursuing a blue 2010 with the Recaro package up in New York. Had everything I would have wanted and more for only about $2k more.

DjRukus
04-13-2012, 11:24 AM
I have the premium package and am really happy I decided to go that way.
It is absolutely true that the value of the changes that come with the package is a matter of personal preference and for myself i LOVE every one of them.
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the HID headlight upgrade that comes with the package as a plus...
Regarding stereo head units, I just had my double din DVD system installed yesterday. Yes, I did consider the theft issue before I put this in that's why I also installed a 2 way remote starter / alarm system at the same time and went with a unit that has a removable faceplate. Here is the deck I went with..

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P8400BH

I will be posting photos of the way this looks installed, along with all my other changes to the car in a full thread shortly here. Hopefully over the weekend, as long as the weather man is wrong and it doesn't snow all freakin weekend lol. The next nice day when I can get the car cleaned up anyway :)

BravoZero
04-13-2012, 11:43 AM
If you're really wanting HID headlights, DEPO now has direct replacement projector headlights for the current generation Lancer, you can find them on eBay or Amazon for $300 I believe, and the look exactly like OEM. Better than paying $1200 for true OEM headlights.

cosmic_RA
06-26-2013, 12:10 PM
I know im late to the party but I figured Id weigh in on this as well.

I just got my 2013 Ralliart - touring package a few weeks ago and Im in love.

When I was searching for a car and it HAD to have leather interior a moon roof, AWD, turbo. The ralliart fills all those criteria. I was already a mitsubishi ownwer (2009 eclispe gs) so that made me stick with the brand. It was the ralli or a baseline GSR and I went with the ralli because a fully loaded touring package fit better in my price range.

No regrets since =)

Fstarz
06-28-2013, 08:00 AM
I got that touring package as well..

Touring package FTW! :cool:

Wkd Drew
06-28-2013, 05:18 PM
same here just wish the ralliarts still came with recaros =/ i wanted recaros instead.

Markspd6
07-02-2013, 04:25 PM
You can buy the EVO x Recaros and add them to the RA, I have a how to thread here, it's fairly easy. I got mine for $1k..

I've easily added, HiDs($400) BBS($1200) Recaros($1,000) and a few other pieces, like KWs.. Overall still a pretty good deal price wise..