PDA

View Full Version : New RA owner from BC

brads09lancerRA
08-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Hello, the names Brad and I'm from Summerland, BC Canada in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. I got my Octane Blue 09 Ralliart a month ago. Before that I had an 09 Lancer GTS for 11 months which I totalled sadly but it all worked out cause I now have a RA which is way more fun to drive. My only mods so far are Rally Armor mudflaps, Perrin 3" antenna, side mount plate, HKS hybrid filter, 5% tint rear and 3M clear bra.

bmanuhutu
08-28-2009, 08:21 PM
awesome another octane blue, you can see mine if you look for my threads :P welcome

justin81
08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
love the blue

MTZL
08-31-2009, 11:00 AM
How are the Side mount plates put on? Did you have to drill holes for it?
Tint made the RA look better. Too bad tint require constant wash or you'll get tint stretch marks or dirt line.
How much and where did you find 3m clear bra?
How are the HKS hybrid filter?

Perrin 3" antenna? why?

brads09lancerRA
08-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys

How are the Side mount plates put on? Did you have to drill holes for it?
Tint made the RA look better. Too bad tint require constant wash or you'll get tint stretch marks or dirt line.
How much and where did you find 3m clear bra?
How are the HKS hybrid filter?

Perrin 3" antenna? why?

-The side mount plate is held on by 3 screws. U have to drill 3 x 13mm holes. Only problem with the side mount is that it is designed for the X so on the side there is a gap at the bottom but no biggie. Looks way better then in the middle IMO.
-There was actually a shop right beside my local dealer and I got the dealer to pay and install it as part of the sale. It covers the front under both headlights, the bottom 3rd of the hood and below that, front of mirrors, side fenders above the front wheels, back portion of the sideskirt and bottom of back doors.
-The HKS filter is good. Don't notice power diff cause if there is one it will be minimal, MPG went up a little and u can hear the BPV a bit more.
-I got the Perrin 3" cause I think it looks way better then the 16" long R/C car antenna.

justin81
09-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Thanks guys

-I got the Perrin 3" cause I think it looks way better then the 16" long R/C car antenna.

+1

I need to order one soon. That RC antenna has to go.

MTZL
09-19-2009, 12:13 AM
^^ Thanks for the info. I just notice my RC antenna :eek: recently, never really look at my antenna getting in & out of the car. :D