PDA

View Full Version : ALMS Season closer at Laguna Seca

TheBlackBeast
09-02-2009, 05:17 PM
So... Is anyone else going to this event? I've fallen in love with the ALSM over the past couple years and have been going regularly to Laguna Seca for the past couple years. This will be my 3rd time going. I thought it would be great for any other RA's that might be going to try and coordinate parking in the same spot. Post if you are down for this!

TheBlackBeast
10-08-2009, 07:58 AM
So...

Nobody going?

Anybody even watch the event?

:(

MTZL
10-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Laguna Seca mazda raceway? 1021 Monterey-Salinas Hwy Salinas, CA 93908

ALMS "American Le Mans Series?

never seen it. lol

I know where Mazda Raceway is though by Monterey.
I go by there sometimes but never to an event.
I've stayed at Resort on the beach in Monterey once a year for the weekend.

When it is?

I got to save money for something like that.
Bills, Bills & more bills.

Ladogaboy
10-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty taxed both for money and time, so I'm probably out. :(

MTZL
10-08-2009, 10:05 AM
^ Well at least thats like a half way point for a meet for North and South CA.

Resort party with BBQ and Beach? and Track?

Maybe one day if everybody get together and pitch for the cause.

Hey Im down to drive south and stay for the weekend just need money now.

TheBlackBeast
10-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah, that's the track! I got hooked a few years ago. Well, maybe another year!

TheBlackBeast
10-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Lots and lots of good racing! My bumper melted a little too at some point over the weekend and collected lots o' bugs! :) I need to go get a new exhaust tip welded on - it fell off at some point a week or so ago.

MTZL
10-12-2009, 02:12 PM
^SHE IS A BEAST, She sure WAS HUNGRY FOR BUGS.

What happend to your tip? fell off?!?! melted your bumper? hmm.?
Did you ran over something?

TheBlackBeast
10-12-2009, 02:44 PM
^SHE IS A BEAST, She sure WAS HUNGRY FOR BUGS.

What happend to your tip? fell off?!?! melted your bumper? hmm.?
Did you ran over something?The weld was coming loose, then it fell completely off the other day when driving on the freeway. I think it was a weak weld, then water got on it and it rusted the weld and then it just weakened and fell off while driving on wonderful socal freeways. Then while I was either idling during this trip, or... while traveling on the 5 fwy up there, the bumper melted. :D

Ladogaboy
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Wow, that sucks about your bumper. I never think about things like that happening, because I am still not used to so much plastic on a car. I hope it's not too much to fix.

TheBlackBeast
10-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Its hardly noticeable. The pic is looking up at it so it looks worse than it is. I'll probably just sand down the rough part and leave it as is.

...up until this I thought exhaust tips were simply for looks. I guess there is more to them after all...

I might end up looking for a heat shield something like this: http://www.201motorsports.com/images/P/02wrx-cfshield.jpg

saunkarter
01-26-2010, 09:12 AM
These photo's and post are really great thank you to all of you who have posted these once please i would request you to share some more on this forum