PDA

View Full Version : First ever MD/VA/DC Mini meet (POSTPONED)

Insane11RA
04-30-2012, 08:40 PM
http://collegecandy.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/verne-troyer.jpg

Mini meet!!!

POSTPONED.

1. Insane11RA, sodas/chips
2. BravoZero, +1, charcoal/lighter fluid/lighter
3. OverCorrupt, plates/utensils/cups
4. Ralliart2011, buns/condiments
5. '11WallyWorldHauler (maybe)

OverCorrupt
04-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Glad this is going down!! Cant wait to meet some other RA'ers in the area!!

We also need to discuss a time. As i work nights till 1am and its very physical i dont get to sleep till late (or early rather lol) so anything before noon is not happening for me and even noon is next to impossible.

Sign me up and if we can find a park w grills ill bring some doggie stuff.

Ill see if i have any charcoal laying around too.

Insane11RA
04-30-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm anytime anywhere, where do you work? I work 11pm to 7 am also! :D

OverCorrupt
04-30-2012, 11:01 PM
lol wal-mart unloading trucks. May possibly get a supervisor spot soon. what about you? those hours are very similar to our overnight stockers.

Insane11RA
04-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Woot we can get discounts! lol! I work for 4 properties/hotels here in DC as an Auditor.

BravoZero
05-01-2012, 05:13 AM
I'll double check what I have going on this weekend, but I'm sure I'm free this Sunday.

We need a location, first and foremost. I know Corrupt, Drew and myself are in the northern VA area, Ralliart2011 is from Frederick, and who knows where the hell Insane is from... lol.

So, let's find a central point for everyone. That would mean somewhere in the NoVA/DC area perhaps. What kind of location would everyone prefer?

Insane11RA
05-01-2012, 05:55 AM
I live in the projects of Southern MD , gangsta baby. but seriously, anywhere but Richmond lol.

WV_RtrGlow
05-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Im in Charles Town, wv.....I wont be around saturday, but sunday i might be able to swing a meet

BravoZero
05-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Ah, now the game changes a little bit with the people further out.

Charles Town isn't far from Loudoun County, took me less than 30 minutes to get there from western Loudoun when I lived near Purcellville.

Southern MD... hmm... like down near MIR?

WV_RtrGlow
05-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Ah, now the game changes a little bit with the people further out.

Charles Town isn't far from Loudoun County, took me less than 30 minutes to get there from western Loudoun when I lived near Purcellville.

Southern MD... hmm... like down near MIR?

Yeah, I work in Frederick, atleast until june then it will be in Reston, but im not too far from NoVa and parts of MD

Drew
05-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Is Leesburg in the center of everyone?

BravoZero
05-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Nope, especially if Insane is down in southern MD. The center would be the Fairfax/Sterling area at least.

OverCorrupt
05-01-2012, 12:32 PM
So we just need confirmation on where the WV'ers and MDers can travel correct? I dont mind driving extra to shave off their time. But im smack dab in the center as of now in herndon =P. As of now ill try to wake up early to start driving to the known parks in the area to find a nice one.

BravoZero
05-01-2012, 12:43 PM
So we just need confirmation on where the WV'ers and MDers can travel correct? I dont mind driving extra to shave off their time. But im smack dab in the center as of now in herndon =P. As of now ill try to wake up early to start driving to the known parks in the area to find a nice one.

One good place is Burke Lake Park off route 123 near Fairfax. It's a nice park and plenty of places to park and have fun. I organized a meet there on another forum a few years back and it turned out great.

OverCorrupt
05-01-2012, 12:49 PM
good deal! got grills? i need meh some foodz!

WV_RtrGlow
05-01-2012, 01:01 PM
It takes me an hour to get to Reston, just to give you guys an idea of how far in wv in i am

OverCorrupt
05-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Well either way we are gonna have peeps that have to drive an hour or more. We got a person over an hour SE of fairfax. so it would take you 3 hours to get to him. This truely is the middle point for all current attendee's.

Insane11RA
05-01-2012, 01:54 PM
One good place is Burke Lake Park off route 123 near Fairfax. It's a nice park and plenty of places to park and have fun. I organized a meet there on another forum a few years back and it turned out great.

Yep I've been there for a meet as well, Nice place. I really don't mind driving an hour or so, what or where you guys decide I'll be there. Let's not do anything physical, I'm too old for that lol.

Drew
05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Let's do this....
List how far for you. We will pick the one with the least total distance for everyone. Add your name, distance and proposed new locations.

1) Burke Lake Park (fairfax)
http://g.co/maps/csrv9

Drew 35 miles away

2) Claude Moore Park (Sterling)
http://g.co/maps/r69w6

Drew 13 miles

Ray Muth Sr Park (Ashburn)
http://g.co/maps/e722q

Drew 10 miles.

Drew
05-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Let's not do anything physical, I'm too old for that lol.

You guys planning a makeout session? PLEASE let me know in advance so I can be busy...LMAO :D

BravoZero
05-01-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm close to all three, so no need for me to post my mileage. And frankly, that's not going work very well.

Basically, let's all pick a spot that we can agree on. Both Insane and WVRtrglow have an hour or so drive to the Loudoun/Fairfax county areas, so they're about dead set. Therefore, they should really have the choice to agree on the location, us NoVA'ians don't have nearly the drive to any of the parks in the area.

BravoZero
05-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Here's Burke Lake Park's location:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&tok=gA2MF7OworOC7GiL5xrAzA&cp=7&gs_id=q&xhr=t&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1440&bih=811&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=burke+lake+park&fb=1&gl=us&hq=burke+lake+park&hnear=0x89b638060f5da643:0x928022b51c6c357d,Herndo n,+VA&cid=13605461871871499302&ei=cVGgT8GxEuXj0QGF_525Ag&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=map-marker-link&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CDQQrwswAA

Insane11RA
05-01-2012, 02:11 PM
For sh!ts and giggles, seriously though fellas I'll drive wherever. Shoot I drove to Delaware for MOTD!

Let's do this....

http://g.co/maps/csrv9

Jet - 28 miles

http://g.co/maps/r69w6

Jet - 41 miles

Ray Muth Sr Park (Ashburn)
http://g.co/maps/e722q
Jet - 46 miles .

OverCorrupt
05-01-2012, 02:13 PM
You guys planning a makeout session? PLEASE let me know in advance so I can be busy...LMAO :D

LOL speaking of which we bringing our girls? =P i dont wanna be the only dude that brings mine if she can make it.

OC - 20.3 miles

OC - 5.6 miles

3) Ray Muth Sr Park (Ashburn)
OC - 8.8 miles

Insane11RA
05-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I need to take you to church with me, you need a holy water bath. That.....just ....sounds way to...lol!

Bravo is correct, I however pass the con to SWV rotorglow. You can choose the location.

Drew
05-01-2012, 02:27 PM
And frankly, that's not going work very well.
Basically, let's all pick a spot that we can agree on.

Why do you think I posted map links? Non local guys don't know how far Fairfax is from Winchester..lol. Maps can give the far out guys the best idea of the "meet in the middle" part. It will work as well as the people who choose to use it to find the best spot :rolleyes:

Far awayers, just let us know....

BravoZero
05-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Why do you think I posted map links? Non local guys don't know how far Fairfax is from Winchester..lol. Maps can give the far out guys the best idea of the "meet in the middle" part. It will work as well as the people who choose to use it to find the best spot :rolleyes:

Far awayers, just let us know....

The point I was trying to make was the fact that just posting mileage and picking the least amount for everyone is useless. Sure you can post links to anywhere you want, but it's ultimately up to those guys. Maybe they know somewhere we don't. Unlikely, but always a possibility.

WV might be familiar with the Reston area, and I'm sure Insane knows the area well. Plus he's been to my place before to pick up wheels, and Burke Lake Park isn't far from where I live. So that's even better.

Ralliart2011
05-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Here's Burke Lake Park's location:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&tok=gA2MF7OworOC7GiL5xrAzA&cp=7&gs_id=q&xhr=t&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1440&bih=811&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=burke+lake+park&fb=1&gl=us&hq=burke+lake+park&hnear=0x89b638060f5da643:0x928022b51c6c357d,Herndo n,+VA&cid=13605461871871499302&ei=cVGgT8GxEuXj0QGF_525Ag&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=map-marker-link&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CDQQrwswAA

I am fine with this location, from Frederick that is a 53 mile journey but since it will be a nice day and im in the ralliart, I dont care how far I have to drive. As long as I get to grill some dogs :D

'11WallyWorldHauler
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm like 378 miles / 7 hrs - But hey I'm from the 304, Civilization is 100+ miles away.
I am pretty familiar with NOVA, I think my Uncle worked at one of the parks in Fairfax. I think it was called Wolftrap or something. I am interested in meeting and talking to some people into Ralliarts.

Insane11RA
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
BZ feel free to edit my first post, we are looking good!

Insane11RA
05-01-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm like 378 miles / 7 hrs - But hey I'm from the 304, Civilization is 100+ miles away.
I am pretty familiar with NOVA, I think my Uncle worked at one of the parks in Fairfax. I think it was called Wolftrap or something. I am interested in meeting and talking to some people into Ralliarts.
Holy crap!

BravoZero
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM

Holy eff dude. Not exactly what I would call a "local" member now huh? Lol

Where at in southern WV are you? My great grandmother lived in a little town called Leslie, near Rupert. So I guess that's really southeastern WV.

BravoZero
05-01-2012, 05:25 PM
BZ feel free to edit my first post, we are looking good!

Will do, but I need confirmation that Burke Lake Park is the destination first. Then we need to come up with a time and a list of items.

Ralliart2011
05-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Will do, but I need confirmation that Burke Lake Park is the destination first. Then we need to come up with a time and a list of items.

I say we use this place, its to close to the 6th to keep moving places. If everyone is about an hour away then that should be a fair equal distances for everyone. What time is everyone available and if we are bringing our girls, then we should do a head count also.

BravoZero
05-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Alright, I'll edit the first post. Burke Lake Park it is.

Now, picking a time. I'd say noon or 1 PM, gives people enough time to get stuff and drive out.

Also, let me know who all is going and if you're bringing people so we can get an accurate head count.

Insane11RA
05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Me myself and I, Wife has a childrens party :D
2 pm is good for me.

OverCorrupt
05-02-2012, 04:28 AM
BTW, would anyone be interested in checking out an EVO X LICP and UICP? i can bring em to the meet if they are.

Insane11RA
05-02-2012, 05:23 AM
Am I seeing things? I thought I saw SWV post? I think it's time for bed.

WV_RtrGlow
05-02-2012, 05:27 AM
I should be able to let you guys know for sure later today and how many.

BravoZero
05-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Me myself and I, Wife has a childrens party :D
2 pm is good for me.

Gotcha.

BTW, would anyone be interested in checking out an EVO X LICP and UICP? i can bring em to the meet if they are.

Sure thing, bring it with you.

Am I seeing things? I thought I saw SWV post? I think it's time for bed.

He did but deleted it, lol.

I should be able to let you guys know for sure later today and how many.

Absolutely, no worries! And if you do come and you want to try the GST basemap, let me know and I can bring my mobile PC and Tactrix cable.

BravoZero
05-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Alright guys, need a final decision on what time. I mentioned noon or 1PM, Insane said 2PM. Any other suggestions?

Ralliart2011
05-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Alright guys, need a final decision on what time. I mentioned noon or 1PM, Insane said 2PM. Any other suggestions?

Noon works for me, Rather be able to sleep in and still have some evening left after the meet.

OverCorrupt
05-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Ill try my best to make it there at noon but ill prolly be a bit late.

Insane11RA
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
1 or later for me, also BZ ! Do we need a permit? I don't want to be kicked out again! Seems like meets have a tendency to get kicked out, like this one IWSTI meet on Dave and busters where cops were called lol.

BravoZero
05-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Noon works for me, Rather be able to sleep in and still have some evening left after the meet.

Word, I hear ya.

Ill try my best to make it there at noon but ill prolly be a bit late.

Understood.

1 or later for me, also BZ ! Do we need a permit? I don't want to be kicked out again! Seems like meets have a tendency to get kicked out, like this one IWSTI meet on Dave and busters where cops were called lol.

Nope, at BLP it's a first come, first serve kind of thing. It's a public park, so no need to reserve anything or have a permit.

BravoZero
05-02-2012, 05:57 PM
So the general consensus is 1 PM?

Insane11RA
05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
1 is perfect for me, place is good also.
I'll bring the sodas, and chips. Any particular flavor? Chips?

WV_RtrGlow
05-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Sorry guys, wont be able to make this one. Just have too much going on.

BravoZero
05-03-2012, 06:51 AM
1 is perfect for me, place is good also.
I'll bring the sodas, and chips. Any particular flavor? Chips?

Bring anything, you can usually get store brand drinks cheaper anyway. Chips... BBQ is probably a good choice. Maybe regular as well.

Sorry guys, wont be able to make this one. Just have too much going on.

No worries dude, completely understandable. Maybe next time!

BravoZero
05-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Drew, Corrupt and RA2011... I need a count of who is bringing people and what you'd like to provide. We need the meats, buns, condiments, utensils, etc.

Ralliart2011
05-03-2012, 08:59 AM
I will be coming by myself, if I am lucky I can convince my gf to come but not sure. I can bring Buns and ketchup mustard ect, but how much should i bring, do we have an exact count yet?

BravoZero
05-03-2012, 09:12 AM
I will be coming by myself, if I am lucky I can convince my gf to come but not sure. I can bring Buns and ketchup mustard ect, but how much should i bring, do we have an exact count yet?

See if she can go with you, the more people the better.

I'd say probably ten or less.

OverCorrupt
05-03-2012, 12:12 PM
its doubtful i can bring my girl, she works later that night and she has long shifts so most likely no. Ill ask her tonight for a sure answer. Ill pick up Hot dogs and plates as well as utensils. Cups too.

No need for veggie hot dogs right? nobody a vegetarian?

BravoZero
05-03-2012, 12:32 PM
its doubtful i can bring my girl, she works later that night and she has long shifts so most likely no. Ill ask her tonight for a sure answer. Ill pick up Hot dogs and plates as well as utensils. Cups too.

No need for veggie hot dogs right? nobody a vegetarian?

No worries, if she can cool, if not that's completely understandable.

I'm not a vegetarian. Gross. Lol

Insane11RA
05-03-2012, 03:28 PM
We don't need to bring food for the vegans, there's a lot of grass in the park.
Looking good fellas, this is just a mini meet to get to know everyone personally. Also a good opportunity to get help with stuff without being stiffed for money, hell bravo is even bringing his laptop!
With that said, I'll see you all on Sunday!

BravoZero
05-03-2012, 03:32 PM
We don't need to bring food for the vegans, there's a lot of grass in the park.
Looking good fellas, this is just a mini meet to get to know everyone personally. Also a good opportunity to get help with stuff without being stiffed for money, hell bravo is even bringing his laptop!
With that said, I'll see you all on Sunday!

Haha, I need to download all of the definitions for all ECU's for the Ralliart. Had that issue where Ralliart2011 had a different ECU ID than mine, had to run into the mall, get wifi, download the definitions and go back out to the car. Don't want to do that again. But yes, I will bring my MPC and Tactrix if anyone wants the basemap.

OverCorrupt
05-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Ah well i dont suspect we will need more than one... ill prolly just leave mine at home then.

BTW forgot to ask my girl. Ill let you know tomorrow.

Purchased plates silverware n cups tho. Ill pick up the food day of.

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 04:43 AM
Sounds good. I'll bring some charcoal, lighter fluid and a match. Yes, I'll be doing EOD-type work that day, lol.

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Drew, what are you planning to bring? Check the first post and see what's missing.

Insane11RA
05-04-2012, 06:13 AM
We all gonna smell like smoke after this! Btw am I blind or are we missing the actual burgers and hotdogs lol. Also! If you will bring parts to sell , I need my senior citizen discount.

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 06:20 AM
We all gonna smell like smoke after this! Btw am I blind or are we missing the actual burgers and hotdogs lol. Also! If you will bring parts to sell , I need my senior citizen discount.

Good point.

Drew, take your pic. Burgers and dogs, or charcoal and whatnot. I don't mind bringing either selection, whatever you want to bring is fine, I'll take the other.

Drew
05-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Good point.

Drew, take your pic. Burgers and dogs, or charcoal and whatnot. I don't mind bringing either selection, whatever you want to bring is fine, I'll take the other.

Sorry, but I should have let you guys know earlier that there could be a problem with me attending. That location really may not work for me. My girl just got back from Chicago and I have to be in Middleburg sunday morning anyway until probably 12 or a little after. The location that was picked by the "consensus" is the farthest one away from me. Not being selfish in driving, because I love driving my car, as it is my daily driver. It's just that it is an hour away from me and the timeline may not work out. I'm trying to finalize what I have to do in Middleburg right now.

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Sorry, but I should have let you guys know earlier that there could be a problem with me attending. That location really may not work for me. My girl just got back from Chicago and I have to be in Middleburg sunday morning anyway until probably 12 or a little after. The location that was picked by the "consensus" is the farthest one away from me. Not being selfish in driving, because I love driving my car, as it is my daily driver. It's just that it is an hour away from me and the timeline may not work out. I'm trying to finalize what I have to do in Middleburg right now.

There are other people coming from further away locations, and they don't seem to have a problem with the location. I dated a girl on the other side of Burke and I lived out in Purcellville at the time. It never took me an hour to get there from my house unless there was a lot of traffic... there's no way BLP is an hour away from Middleburg or even Leesburg. Trust me I've lived here all my life and my last job required me to drive a delivery vehicle all over northern VA and in DC. It would take you no more than 45 minutes from either location. Nobody said you HAD to be there right at 1 o'clock. But it's your call. We need to know something ASAP so we can coordinate the last few items to be brought.

OverCorrupt
05-04-2012, 12:36 PM
I was going to pick up some dogs and some cold sides on the way out there.

Damn Drew, i was hoping to see your whip out there! Could always just show up a bit late =P im sure we will be hanging out for a while. Speaking of which ive never gone to a park and drinking when of legal age. But are we allowed to bring alcohol to public parks?

Insane11RA
05-04-2012, 12:42 PM
No alcohol man lol! I guess our group is complete, see you all there!

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Nope, no alcohol.

Also, I forgot about this, but there's an $8 fee to get in if you're not a Fairfax county resident.

Drew
05-04-2012, 12:44 PM
There are other people coming from further away locations, and they don't seem to have a problem with the location. I dated a girl on the other side of Burke and I lived out in Purcellville at the time. It never took me an hour to get there from my house unless there was a lot of traffic... there's no way BLP is an hour away from Middleburg or even Leesburg. Trust me I've lived here all my life and my last job required me to drive a delivery vehicle all over northern VA and in DC. It would take you no more than 45 minutes from either location. Nobody said you HAD to be there right at 1 o'clock. But it's your call. We need to know something ASAP so we can coordinate the last few items to be brought.

Where is the relevance in other people coming from farther and them not having a problem with the location? It has nothing to do with me having a problem with the location. The place looks nice. And I haven't lived here my whole life, but I can guarantee you that I have been driving around this area longer than you have, unless you have had your license more than 13 years, which I don't think is the case. I live in Leesburg, work in Sterling and drive to Annandale through Fairfax two days a week, so trust me. as I am more than experienced enough to know commute times around here. Like I said in the last response, this is a time table thing and not a distance thing. I have to go to Middleburg from Leesburg, then back to Leesburg before I can think about heading south of Faiirfax in to Burke. I don't want to be the guy that doesn't show up when he is supposed to bring the hamburgers, so remove me from the list until further notice. If I can get back on at the last minute, I will be sure to bring something. But it is looking like a tough schedule to make right now.

Drew
05-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Also, I forgot about this, but there's an $8 fee to get in if you're not a Fairfax county resident.

Serial? That is dumb. $8 isn't even 15 minutes of work for me, but that is stupid to pay to get in to a parking lot and use grass to grill on. Is that $8 per person?

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Where is the relevance in other people coming from farther and them not having a problem with the location? It has nothing to do with me having a problem with the location. The place looks nice. And I haven't lived here my whole life, but I can guarantee you that I have been driving around this area longer than you have, unless you have had your license more than 13 years, which I don't think is the case. I live in Leesburg, work in Sterling and drive to Annandale through Fairfax two days a week, so trust me. as I am more than experienced enough to know commute times around here. Like I said in the last response, this is a time table thing and not a distance thing. I have to go to Middleburg from Leesburg, then back to Leesburg before I can think about heading south of Faiirfax in to Burke. I don't want to be the guy that doesn't show up when he is supposed to bring the hamburgers, so remove me from the list until further notice. If I can get back on at the last minute, I will be sure to bring something. But it is looking like a tough schedule to make right now.

Serial? That is dumb. $8 isn't even 15 minutes of work for me, but that is stupid to pay to get in to a parking lot and use grass to grill on. Is that $8 per person?

Then don't come, period. You never seemed that interested in the first place and you sure as hell wasn't fond of the location, even though everyone else is fine with it. So no problem, you've been taken off the list.

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Alright guys, we need to vote. Since people are dropping off the list rather quickly, we need to decide whether or not to just postpone this until a later date and plan it out more.

So what say you.... Continue as planned, or postpone?

Drew
05-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Damn Drew, i was hoping to see your whip out there! Could always just show up a bit late =P im sure we will be hanging out for a while. Speaking of which ive never gone to a park and drinking when of legal age. But are we allowed to bring alcohol to public parks?

Will definitely have to hit the next one if I miss this one. Where you at in NOVA?

Drew
05-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Also, if the meet goes on as planned, if someone is through the Leesburg area between now and the meet, PM me and I would be happy to kick some ducketts out to help out on the food since I can't make it.

Insane11RA
05-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm still good to go, if all fails we can go to my uncles farm in pomfret.

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Also, if the meet goes on as planned, if someone is through the Leesburg area between now and the meet, PM me and I would be happy to kick some ducketts out to help out on the food since I can't make it.

That is kind of you to do so. If you are able to make it, come on out then. If you're not there at 1 PM, that's fine, we'll be there for a while anyway.

I'm still good to go, if all fails we can go to my uncles farm in pomfret.

I was just putting that out there to get opinions. The meet is still a go unless everyone comes to a unanimous decision to postpone. Up to you guys.

Drew
05-04-2012, 03:04 PM
That is kind of you to do so. If you are able to make it, come on out then. If you're not there at 1 PM, that's fine, we'll be there for a while anyway.

Russ, that is awful kind of you to reinvite me and allow me readmittance to a public place after telling me to not come period, but as I stated clearly earlier, unfortunately my schedule will probably prevent it. I don't know why you took such offense to the fact that I could not make it and "understood" everyone else that couldn't, and chose to be disrespectful to me, but it is what it is. If you come through this way, please shoot me a text so we can meet and I can give you some cash.......

To everyone else, please be sure to take pictures and start a thread. I will miss not being there.

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Russ, that is awful kind of you to reinvite me and allow me readmittance to a public place after telling me to not come period, but as I stated clearly earlier, unfortunately my schedule will probably prevent it. I don't know why you took such offense to the fact that I could not make it and "understood" everyone else that couldn't, and chose to be disrespectful to me, but it is what it is.

To everyone else, please be sure to take pictures and start a thread. I will miss not being there.

Did I say "you're not allowed to come"? No, I simply said if you're going to complain, then don't come, period. That was a suggestion, not an order or demand.

Insane11RA
05-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Drew we want you to come, there's only a handful of us in this area. I was hoping Tim aka ralliart26 would also post and join us, but I guess he's busy. Bravo didn't mean anything by his post, stop reading between the lines. As the OLDEST person in these group I am putting an end to this discussion, we good?
On a related note, wife will be making filipino spring rolls for us. I have to warn you though, it's very very addicting.

Drew
05-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Drew we want you to come, there's only a handful of us in this area. I was hoping Tim aka ralliart26 would also post and join us, but I guess he's busy. Bravo didn't mean anything by his post, stop reading between the lines. As the OLDEST person in these group I am putting an end to this discussion, we good?
On a related note, wife will be making filipino spring rolls for us. I have to warn you though, it's very very addicting.

Are you sure that you are the oldest? As far as Russ goes, he and I both know exactly what he meant, and I didn't read between the lines. But contrary to a single person thinking I have "not been fond" of the location even though every comment I have made is clearly visible in this thread, with no evidence to back up that claim, I really would love to come. I just can't get out of prior engagements. And to be honest about the location, if I would have known up front that it was $8 per person to get in, I would have strongly suggested many of the free locations well within the same area that offered the same amenities. But that is a mute point. It is a time conflict that I have an issue with. I will be sure to catch the next one, or this one if it is postponed.

Insane11RA
05-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Let's leave it at that then, next time youre free you can decide on the location. We will come, it's not even summer yet and a drive to Chesapeake beach for a bonfire is in order.
And at 40 , I am the oldest.
Settled!

Drew
05-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Let's leave it at that then, next time youre free you can decide on the location. We will come, it's not even summer yet and a drive to Chesapeake beach for a bonfire is in order.
And at 40 , I am the oldest.
Settled!

Touche..lol
And I definitely don't want to pick the location. I am all about what is best for the group as a whole. That's why I posted the links to try to find out what was closest for everyone out of the suggested places. I love driving my RA, so driving isn't an issue for me. I just think it's fair to pick something in the middle for everyone.

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 04:44 PM
I just think it's fair to pick something in the middle for everyone.

And that's exactly what we did.

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Anyway, back on topic.

We have yet to hear back from WallyWorldHauler, so at this point it's doubtful he's coming. Unless he posts otherwise, it'll just be the four of us. So since my girlfriend might be joining, I'll have her get either the burgers/dogs or the charcoal stuff, whichever is cheapest for her. She wanted me to ask you guys if she can bring her Lancer ES, I said no problem but I didn't know if you wanted it to be RA's only, lol.

Insane11RA
05-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Of course she can! Bad news for you though, that means you get to wash 2 cars lol.

BravoZero
05-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Of course she can! Bad news for you though, that means you get to wash 2 cars lol.

Ha, mine's already washed, waxed and detailed from when I picked it up last weekend. It's been sitting under a waterproof car cover ever since!

Hers.... eh, touchless car wash. Done. :D

OverCorrupt
05-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Ha wish i had time during daylight hours to do a nice wash n wax as well as detailing.

I have no problem with the venue (luckily i am a ffx co resident) so if anyone does have to pay i can definitely help out whomever may have to pay.

And im in for this weekend! no need for a huge turnout. as Insane said, its early in the summer season. We can plan for a big meet up another time. This one was kind of a spur of the moment 1 week in advance kind of thing.

Bravo, the more the merrier!

Drew im in herndon. Also work at the walmart near Mach V.

Can't wait to meet everyone! Weather looks good so far as well. 75F and partly cloudy!

OverCorrupt
05-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Oh and bravo, let me know what your girl is going to bring hopefully before sunday. I will most likely not get a chance to check the forums sunday morning before heading out. So let me know if shes picking up food or charcoal.

BravoZero
05-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Well... I'll have to get back to you guys. I just had a class this morning, I just got back. I have so much paperwork to fill out, and it's all due first thing Monday morning. So right now I'm sitting at a 50/50 chance of making it.

Drew
05-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I will completely take the mature route on that one.....

Maybe we all should start looking at dates that we can reschedule and more people can make it. If you three or four guys want to go through with the mini mini meet, that is cool. But this can be the official start of planning for a larger meet. Can people post dates that they can make it and proposed places. And again, I am fine picking a place that is in the back yard of the Fairfax County residence. I really do think, however, that we can easily find a place that is free to get in to. But if everyone is in love with paying to get in to Burke, I am fine with that too. Why don't we shoot for at least May 19th or later so everyone can actually try to fill in their calendar for that date.

BravoZero
05-05-2012, 12:47 PM
I will completely take the mature route on that one.....

No, since you want to make the comment, go ahead and finish.

Drew
05-05-2012, 01:24 PM
No, since you want to make the comment, go ahead and finish.

No, Russ. I'm not going to finish, because frankly, I completely understand crap comes up and people have lives. I would hope that you can see that now, and in the future, you will consider how someone would treat you before you are brash to someone and make comments with no basis of truth like:
You never seemed that interested in the first place and you sure as hell wasn't fond of the location, even though everyone else is fine with it.
when everything I said about the location up to that point is clearly shown in black and white, with none of it being negative. I'm done with this, but even you have to see the irony in the situation when you are going to give me crap for not being able to make it, then you say you might not be able.

Back on topic, what days suit the people that could not make it this time?

Insane11RA
05-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Fellas I'm open anytime anywhere, drew go ahead start planning.
Russ is this a no go? Just update the title to postponed if it is, I don't have everyones number but post here to verify that you know it's postponed.
No biggie guys, like drew had mentioned we can always resched.

BravoZero
05-05-2012, 03:33 PM
No, Russ. I'm not going to finish, because frankly, I completely understand crap comes up and people have lives. I would hope that you can see that now, and in the future, you will consider how someone would treat you before you are brash to someone and make comments with no basis of truth like:

when everything I said about the location up to that point is clearly shown in black and white, with none of it being negative. I'm done with this, but even you have to see the irony in the situation when you are going to give me crap for not being able to make it, then you say you might not be able.

Back on topic, what days suit the people that could not make it this time?

That's funny... you want to make it seem like I treated you so horribly just because I said the word "period". You want to talk about bashing someone? I wish I could have released the text messages you sent me for all to see, wanting to call me a kid, a prick, using age as a crutch to make your point, the fact that you drive to Annandale twice a week so you apparently know NoVA better than I do... anything else I'm missing?

My issue is work related, yours is simply about your girlfriend, from what you've posted. Don't try and compare the two situations that prevent us from making it, dude. You want to talk about respect and bashing people? Maybe YOU ought to go take a look in the mirror, go back and look at some of your posts and see how much of an "angel" you are when it comes to the other members here. If you're going to talk the talk, walk the walk. Otherwise, don't even bother posing bullcrap.

What's the lesson we've learned here? If you're going to bitch and complain, don't bother posting. PERIOD! :D

BravoZero
05-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Fellas I'm open anytime anywhere, drew go ahead start planning.
Russ is this a no go? Just update the title to postponed if it is, I don't have everyones number but post here to verify that you know it's postponed.
No biggie guys, like drew had mentioned we can always resched.

I will update and close this thread, we'll make a clean thread without the dramatic bullsh*t for a future meet.

Sorry guys.