PDA

View Full Version : good deal on SSTF-1

mangnok
05-06-2012, 06:13 PM
maybe you guys seen this site before but i just found it :)
http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/parts/diaqueen_sstf_evox_mr_fluid.htm

price are pretty good

crak
05-07-2012, 07:08 AM
its 4L. Still a better deal to get from autopartsway

mangnok
05-07-2012, 08:43 AM
I know , but for some people don't want to go with aftermarket brand

NFSLancerRA
05-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Or you could get 8L of FFL-2 for the same price, almost exactly. Just go to your local VW dealership and ask for DSG fluid. I get it for around $15 per liter. That Diaqueen SSTF-1 is garbage. Why you would put it in your car is beyond me.

SubjecttoChange
05-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Why is it garbage? <--- ignorant

I was under the impression that the fluids were more or less equivalent and that the Diaqueen was just overwhelmingly expensive...

NFSLancerRA
05-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Why is it garbage? <--- ignorant

I was under the impression that the fluids were more or less equivalent and that the Diaqueen was just overwhelmingly expensive...

FFL-1 (Diaqueen) is a completely different grade of fluid than FFL-2. FFL-1 is the 87 Octane of the transmission world. FFL-2 is more like 89 or 91, metaphorically speaking. It has been spelled out a couple of times on this site and EvoM. The information about the better fluid is out there.

NFSLancerRA
05-07-2012, 11:20 AM
The rumor/theory is that SSP Pro Gold is just FFL-2. DSG fluid is gold in color. I will know for sure, soon enough.

mangnok
05-07-2012, 11:22 AM
FFL-1 (Diaqueen) is a completely different grade of fluid than FFL-2. FFL-1 is the 87 Octane of the transmission world. FFL-2 is more like 89 or 91, metaphorically speaking. It has been spelled out a couple of times on this site and EvoM. The information about the better fluid is out there.

I use FFL-2 my self too

But still a lot of people don't want to buy aftermarket brand

I got my FFL-2 from autopartway.com too ;)

NFSLancerRA
05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Eh, it all comes from the same place. I am pretty sure that Pentosin is the OEM manufacturer of the original fluid for the Ralliart/MR. Ironically, it is likely the Diaqueen that is aftermarket.

mangnok
05-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Eh, it all comes from the same place. I am pretty sure that Pentosin is the OEM manufacturer of the original fluid for the Ralliart/MR. Ironically, it is likely the Diaqueen that is aftermarket.

Crastol is the manufacture of the diaqueen sstf-1

SubjecttoChange
05-07-2012, 01:42 PM

Searched for a bit and didn't find what I was looking for. I'm just curious about the viscosity/temperature tolerance specs for each fluid. Just curious as a chemist... If you have a thread link that'd be awesome.

Still- the octane metaphor is a good one.

NFSLancerRA
05-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Crastol is the manufacture of the diaqueen sstf-1

I figured that it was a secondary manufacturer. Pentosin makes most OEM fluid. I am almost 100% sure that BMW and Porsche both use Pentosin for the SMG and DPK transmissions.

And Subjecttochange, the viscosity and such are out there. I have to send a sample of oil and TC-SST fluid into Black Stone in not too long. If they do a chemical analysis, I will post it here. I am just looking for particulate analysis, but perhaps a chemical report will come with that documentation. I hope that it does.

SubjecttoChange
05-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Cool. Yeah- I'm just wanting to know the "why" a fluid is better than another when we're assuming ~equivalent specifications. The ability of a fluid to retain particulates however- may be what sets FFL-2 apart from the Diaqueen in the first place. Precipitation of expired fluid and other transmission components decomposing over time can mean build-up and failure of fittings/lines/filters/assembly etc...

You're probably right about the particulates. This whole time I'm thinking... as long as the chemical specs are right... fluid is fluid.

This is why you're the expert!

TrailBrake
05-08-2012, 07:57 AM
I have to send a sample of oil and TC-SST fluid into Black Stone in not too long. If they do a chemical analysis, I will post it here. I am just looking for particulate analysis, but perhaps a chemical report will come with that documentation. I hope that it does.

Looking forward to seeing that :)

SubjecttoChange
05-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Same Here!

Don@SCMitsu
05-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Just an FYI for those in the cali area that want SST fluid I can match that price.

Just ask for me!

malojimbone
04-19-2013, 10:12 AM
I found fredbeans.com has a better price than most, hope this helps.