PDA

View Full Version : Removing bumper scratch?

jjrally85
05-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Somebody was nice enough to bump my rear bumper and leave scratches from their license plate screws. My RA is ww so the bumper shows the black plastic underneath where the scratches are. Is there any way to repair these eyesores? They're minor but just big enough to drive me crazy!

BravoZero
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Pics would be helpful, but unless you touch them up there's nothing you can do about it. That, or have it repainted for two minor scratches.

Insane11RA
05-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Polish it.

Splattj
05-16-2012, 04:07 AM
If the black plastic is showing, you're going to need to use touch-up paint.

Just using touch-up paint will have pretty poor results. To remedy this you can need to apply paint, let dry, and repeat until the damaged area is almost flush and then apply clear coat in a couple layers. After, you will need to wet sand and polish in order to level out the repair.

Or, you can use a product like this: http://www.langka.com/

Watch the video on their main page and you'll have an idea of what you're up against.

jjrally85
05-16-2012, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. It looks like it will be more trouble than it's worth to fix these blemishes. I thought there might be some kind of plastic filler that would fill the voids and allow me to paint over it. I can always replace the rear bumper with something aftermarket and forget this ever happened :D