PDA

View Full Version : Clear the Periodic Maintenance Warning?

TheBlackBeast
09-12-2009, 10:19 PM
So I'm over 2k into having the blasted Periodic Maintenance Warning appear on my dash when I start the car. I know its simply a timed warning to appear every 5k, but how the heck do you clear it? Its go to be some button combo while turning ignition and standing on your head while clapping or some evil arrangement like that. Any guesses?

MTZL
09-14-2009, 09:19 AM
So I'm over 2k into having the blasted Periodic Maintenance Warning appear on my dash when I start the car. I know its simply a timed warning to appear every 5k, but how the heck do you clear it? Its go to be some button combo while turning ignition and standing on your head while clapping or some evil arrangement like that. Any guesses?

I had "Take a Rest Warning" or "Take a Break Warning" before. to adjust that I had to turn the key to 'ON'. press 'INFO' button until menu shows up.
Holding 'INFO' is universal for enter. Pressing 'INFO' let you select next (no previous or back) you just have to cycle back through.

Maybe you can go through & do Factory Reset? that might clear it.

Do you have Navigation? If you do you can go to 'INFO' on the Navigation and go to 'Maintenance' and you can clear when you had your "oil changed" "tire rotated" etc. Hope that helps.

TheBlackBeast
09-22-2009, 11:16 AM
You were headed in the right direction!

I stopped by the dealer. Here are the basic steps to turn it off (its not word for word as I'm going from memory):

Turn off ignition completely
Ensure drivers door is closed completely
Press the "Info" button on the instrument panel
Go to the Maintenance option and hold "Info" down to access it
Repeatedly press "Info" to get the word "Clear" to display on the instrument panel
Hold down the "Info" button to clear the maintenance timer
All done!

Ladogaboy
09-22-2009, 12:33 PM
You were headed in the right direction!

I stopped by the dealer. Here are the basic steps to turn it off (its not word for word as I'm going from memory):

Turn off ignition completely
Ensure drivers door is closed completely
Press the "Info" button on the instrument panel
Go to the Maintenance option and hold "Info" down to access it
Repeatedly press "Info" to get the word "Clear" to display on the instrument panel
Hold down the "Info" button to clear the maintenance timer
All done!

THANK YOU!

Haha, this is starting to bother me. Of course, I don't think that is going to help my TPMS light. :mad:

TheBlackBeast
09-23-2009, 10:26 AM
thank you!

Haha, this is starting to bother me. Of course, i don't think that is going to help my tpms light. :mad:
tpms? =????

Ladogaboy
09-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

Change rims? Need tire pressure sensors installed.

New tire pressure sensors? Need to sync them up.

Rotate tires? Need to sync tire pressure sensors.

Need to sync sync tire pressure sensors? Have to go to a Mitsu dealership and pay around $100.

:mad:

TheBlackBeast
09-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Ouch!

Odd that you have to sync them when rotating. I rotated front to rear / rear to front and they didn't need to be sync'd... Of course my wheels/tires are stockers...

TheBlackBeast
09-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Need to sync sync tire pressure sensors? Have to go to a Mitsu dealership and pay around $100.

:mad:
Save your next 100 bucks.
http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=300

MTZL
09-23-2009, 02:02 PM
^ I rotate em every oil change. Mine are stock tires and rims too.
You need to find stereo shops they are much cheaper than mechanics for that type of things. Sometime you will have to go through several shops to find a reliable one.

I once had a immobilizer problem it works so good that it even prevented me from starting the car.
Dealer was gonna charge me $160 just to find out (diagnostic test) and additional labor $80/hr and parts.
I took it to performance shop three times and they would charge me $100/hr
I would still have a problem every now & then so I decided to take my car to a different shop and they recommended me to a stereo shop.
Stereo Shop bypassed the immobilizer for $80 and never had a problem since.
I wasted so much money. :o

No money for lighter wheels or better tires. :(

MTZL
09-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Save your next 100 bucks.
http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=300

^ lol rofl, sORRY it looks like a pipe bomb & I was thinking whos gonna put that in their tires at first but its just there to trick the sensor, just sitting in your passenger seat. lol nos sticker for added power.

Cant the sensor be removed and reinstalled in your new wheels?

MTZL
09-23-2009, 02:30 PM
^ Sounds like we need a friend in Mitsu Service Dept. Anyone? Maybe WheelWorks or someplace.

Ladogaboy
09-23-2009, 04:53 PM
I've heard of the pipe-bomb option. I think the trick is that you can't have the ignition on when rotating? I forget, but the computer can freak out and trip the TPMS even if the stock wheels are rotated.

MTZL
09-24-2009, 11:31 AM
^ THAT MAKE SENSE Maybe all you need to do is reset? There should be a way to reset the sensors and receiver.

CarGuy
11-12-2009, 12:33 AM
You learn something new every day...thanks for posting this up.