PDA

View Full Version : so cal sportback needed

Markspd6
05-23-2012, 01:31 PM
appears Tein needs a test car for our wagon.. so cal only..

http://www.tein.com/test_vehicle/index.html

RalliNurse
05-23-2012, 06:30 PM
thanx for the info...i've justed on it already!!! since they're close to where i live...

Champion3
05-23-2012, 06:51 PM
free coils

RalliNurse
05-23-2012, 07:08 PM
free coils

if they're that generous...

i can only hope!!!

BTW...with all the coilovers out there...is Tein any good...from the honda days...Tein suppose to be the shit...but how about now though...

BravoZero
05-24-2012, 12:23 PM
I still wouldn't install any Tein parts on my vehicles...

Markspd6
05-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I've used tein springs on several of my cars, they're great well priced product.. But, I've gotten the same negative opinion about their Coilovers several times, Not enough travel, and no one seems too happy with them.. I think they're more of a DD product, but they'll kick down some product for participating.. So it's worth it.. Just push em for some extra freebies, whine about the price of gas and taking so much time off work.. I'd do it..

I'd go with the KWs for the warranty, I did.. And I will again for the RA.

Exyia
05-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I've NEVER seen a quality "JDM" shock/coilover (in ANY price range) from what Andrew@GTWorx showed me. The Japanese don't seem to "get it" as well as the Europeans as far as suspension goes

Tein in particular I've never seen anything worthwhile from them. Their top-level stuff seems adequate, but once you're in that price range, there are so many different/better options

for the RA, not sure if I'd recommend BC's over them though. depends on what range of coilover they're planning to design/release

MTZL
05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
EDFC is out dated, TEIN need to adapt to the new technologies for suspension.
Even Tanabe got active suspension
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/teas.asp?id=17

Traditional Suspension
This has certain advantages and disadvantages. On the plus side, the system is very predictable. Over time, you will develop a familiarity with your car's suspension. You will understand its capabilities and its limitations. On the down side, once the system has reached these limits, it has no way of compensating for situations beyond its design parameters. Thus shock absorbers bottom out, struts overextend, springs respond sluggishly, torsion bars get tweaked.

Active Suspension
An active suspension system, on the other hand, has the capability to adjust itself continuously to changing road conditions. It "artificially" extends the design parameters of the system by constantly monitoring and adjusting itself, thereby changing its character on an ongoing basis. It's schizophrenic, if you will, but with a purpose. With advanced sensors and microprocessors feeding it information all the time, its identity remains fluid, contextual, amorphous. By changing its character to respond to varying road conditions, active suspension offers superior handling, road feel, responsiveness and safety.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_suspension

I got a long way to save for active suspension til then stock suspension is fine by me. :p

Con of active suspension: if you ever have a ghost in the machine, schizophrenic suspension might kill you. ;)

Champion3
05-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Tein is just a name i wouldnt use em

RalliNurse
05-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Damn...Tein's that bad?

Hmmm...I don't track anyway...if the coilover is designed for DD duties and if it's free...I might go for it...

Besides I need my car lowered a bit...free shit is good shit...lol...(that's a big IF!)

MTZL
05-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Damn...Tein's that bad?

Hmmm...I don't track anyway...if the coilover is designed for DD duties and if it's free...I might go for it...

Besides I need my car lowered a bit...free shit is good shit...lol...(that's a big IF!)

Nothing is free. For someone to win, someone else has to loose.
For someone to get money, someone else has to spend money.
For someone to get something for FREE, someone else is paying for it.

Free shit is not necessarily good shit. lol. Free shit = methane gas? :D

Not saying you should or shouldnt put em on. ;)

Markspd6
05-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Just go in and see what's what, if you don't like em? Sell em..

RalliNurse
05-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Nothing is free. For someone to win, someone else has to loose.
For someone to get money, someone else has to spend money.
For someone to get something for FREE, someone else is paying for it.

Free shit is not necessarily good shit. lol. Free shit = methane gas? :D

Not saying you should or shouldnt put em on. ;)

U speak the truth...but sometimes I like to be a bit optimistic...since I have to put up w/b.s. at work most of the time...

U know how it is w/women...espcially in nursing...:( 8 hours of the poo-poos

MTZL
05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
TEIN is currently looking for the R&D test vehicles. If you own any of the vehicles listed below, please read on. (What's the benefit for you?) Lender may receive FREE TEIN products: Mass-production, Proto-type, or TEIN Goods
** TEIN U.S.A., Inc does not guarantee that any proto-type and/or mass-production products will be provided to lender.
Production of products cannot be guaranteed, therefore TEIN U.S.A., INC cannot guarantee any products will be provided to lender.
(Conditions of Usage) * The vehicle must be in completely stock condition for product development.
* Lender must bring and pick up the vehicle at TEIN U.S.A., INC. in Downey, CA.
* TEIN U.S.A., INC. will not provide any rental car to the lender for any reason.
* TEIN U.S.A., INC. will borrow the vehicle at least three times (2-3 days per) for measurement, test fitment, and test drive (street and freeway only).
* Lender must agree that pictures of the vehicle may be posted on TEIN website or TEIN advertisement (e.g.:http://tein.com/ti/h94-ua5.html)
* Vehicle will be inspected by both lender and TEIN staff before and after testing to ensure that no damage was caused by TEIN U.S.A., INC.
All prior damage will be documented by TEIN U.S.A.,INC and signed for by lender.
* TEIN U.S.A., INC. does not guarantee to provide a proto-type/mass production products to lender.
* In the case of damage to any part of the vehicle caused during testing,
it is the Lenders sole responsibility to claim all damages at the time of pick up only.
No damage claims will be valid once the vehicle leaves the premises.
TEIN U.S.A., INC. will repair only the damaged parts claimed at the time of pick up.
Lender cannot request for repairs on damaged parts not caused during testing.
* TEIN U.S.A., INC. does not guarantee or warranty the proto-type products.
Lender assumes all responsibilities for using the proto-type products.
* Lender is responsible to check all lug nuts and bolts for tightness as TEIN U.S.A., INC.
is not responsible for any damages incurred to vehicle.
* TEIN U.S.A., INC. will reserve the right to chose the lender for R&D test vehicles.
(Condition of Test Vehicle) * Completely match listed conditions (I.e. Make/Model/Year/Grade...)
* Vehicle must be in street legal condition.
* Vehicle must have full stock suspension unless otherwise noted.
* Vehicle must have stock body. (Small lip, spoiler are allowed but fender flare, over fender are may not be allowed)
* If the vehicle has any other modifications, please ask a TEIN U.S.A., INC. representative.

MTZL
05-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Read your benefit vs your commitment if you feel you can comply, Try it out.

Personal opinion, I would stay away from contradictory statement. Call them to talk to them why there are such contradiction with the lender benefit.

"Lender may receive FREE TEIN products: Mass-production, Proto-type, or TEIN Goods
** TEIN U.S.A., Inc does not guarantee that any proto-type and/or mass-production products will be provided to lender.
Production of products cannot be guaranteed, therefore TEIN U.S.A., INC cannot guarantee any products will be provided to lender."

Markspd6
05-25-2012, 10:42 AM
What They're saying is, they may not develope a product for our cars.. But they'll def pay you something or I'll stop getting them cars.. They should offer you a coupon or credit.. I've done this for several cars and forums in the past, I've also done this for other makes and mfgrs also.. I know lots of peeps in LA looking for your cars to work on.. Cobb, AEM etc.. It's not hard to find these offers, try finding guys who can take time off mid week and leave their cars overnight? That's a challenge..

I've done this several times for other clubs, they'll pay up something, they're just not promising it will be for your car.. But, they wouldn't ask if they had no plans on at least trying to make one.. Id def ask em..

wwralliart77
05-25-2012, 10:54 AM
I once looked into having a prototype exhaust made for my RA and it was the same type of gimmick. They promised me the prototype exhaust along with the mass produced exhaust once manufactured. I felt a little iffy about the deal so I asked if I could have it put in writing that I would indeed receive the products they were claiming to give me. I must have figured something out that I wasn't suppose to, because they backed out then and there and told me they no longer needed my car. You can never really trust a free gimmick.

As far as the TEIN gimmick is concerned I wouldn't do it as it seems a bit sketchy. And like MTZL said what's in it for you?!

MTZL
05-25-2012, 11:08 AM
"* In the case of damage to any part of the vehicle caused during testing,
it is the Lenders sole responsibility to claim all damages at the time of pick up only.
No damage claims will be valid once the vehicle leaves the premises.
TEIN U.S.A., INC. will repair only the damaged parts claimed at the time of pick up.
Lender cannot request for repairs on damaged parts not caused during testing.
* TEIN U.S.A., INC. does not guarantee or warranty the proto-type products.
Lender assumes all responsibilities for using the proto-type products.
* Lender is responsible to check all lug nuts and bolts for tightness as TEIN U.S.A., INC.
is not responsible for any damages incurred to vehicle"

I would be most concerned about this section. Given the fact they will need to use it 2-3days per for about three separate times which may result in 6-9 days.
No loaner car. If you trust your car with a stranger for maybe free something with no guarantee, while they measure unbolt & bolt things which you may have to double check before you leave the premise to make sure your wheels or any part of your suspension doesnt come apart as you drive out the driveway, why not right?

Markspd6
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
I've helped guys get lots of free parts for doing this exact deal, why would you say tein is looking to scam anyone? They're a large company, that kinda stuff always happens with start ups, that have no clue and just call for anyone to come down.. I'd ask someone at Tein to go into details, but they won't care, someone else will take the deal and they'll end up selling whatever parts they get for free here... I've seen it happen.

What they're sayin is: they may measure you're car(physically) and try to make a product for it, then they'll measure you're car(financially) and see if it's worth it, to make a some parts for it... Maybe, maybe not? No promises in life..

They make coils for the reg RA, why would you assume this is anything but legit? They're just protecting there asses from dissapointed guys expecting free coils... If you can find a legit case of tein scamming anyone? We should pull this thread.. I'm not here to recruit for scammers..

MTZL
05-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Im not saying TEIN is out to scam.

Im trying to help a friend understand nothing in life is free.

Some of these legal mumbo jumbo is not written to protect the "helper/donor" car.

Im not saying this is a scam but the legal mumbo jumbo got a big hole in it.
I understand TEIN has to have these type of waivers but it was poorly written.

As an admin, I take it upon myself to look out for all that visit the forum.

Carry on. Just as long as everybody understands so there are no misunderstanding.

Markspd6
05-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Like I said, I'd just get down there and ask.. Just to see what the final deal is?

My op is that since they have these for the RA.. They just need to find spring rates to match the wagon.. so no biggy..

Just a note: I did have a rather large problem a while back with AEM asking me personally to find a donor car to borrow for 3 days, to make a CAI for the mazdaspeed6, when I told the guy at AEM, my car was already used to make there CAI(something they already sell?) 2 years earlier, they stopped replying to me... and I told them if they werent gonna be honest about what they really wanted with the car? (Dyno testing who knows) I wasn't goona ever recruit for them again, and I won't... Fuck AEM for trying to pull a fast one on me....

So you're right to be concerned, and I get nothing for this, just trying to advance the tech on my cars!!

RalliNurse
05-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Yeah...I sat around last nite reading the info on tein website about damage have to be I ...dentified prior to leaving their property...I thought about it...how in th world I'm gonna eyeball the damage on a suspension part? But anyways...u guys are right about taking caution..cuz I really don't have time and funds to fix my suspension...