PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Upgrades

RALM
05-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Where if any can I fine aftermarket twin clutches, ligheter flywheel and stronger internal components for the sst tranny. I have done a little research on our sister evo form and few people have stated that this tranny can take much power or abuse. One individual even stated that the tranny can take more then 350hp. Im not sure how true that is but I wouldnt wana find out the hard way?

BravoZero
05-24-2012, 12:29 PM
You need to do more research, my friend. This isn't just a normal transmission, nothing in it can be replaced except for the clutch packs and a larger fluid pan, for now. Even then, changing the clutch packs isn't a DIY job, they have to be precise within a certain distance and require special tools. The flywheel nor the internal parts are upgradeable.

If you want SST upgrades, change out your fluid with either SSP Gold or any FFL-2 DCT fluid. That and maybe a larger transmission cooler or add a second, but anything more than that requires an experienced shop and a lot of money.

MTZL
05-24-2012, 02:35 PM
IF YOU HAVE UNLIMITED BUDGET "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE".
IF you have money & knowledge you can make impossible possible.

IF a man can build an island in the ocean, a man can build Bulletproof SST.

I hope this is enough inspiration. ;)
http://realestate.theemiratesnetwork.com/developments/dubai/palm_islands/images/palm_jumeirah.jpg

MTZL
05-24-2012, 02:37 PM
or this thread for inspiration.
http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=1774

or this one

http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=2890

RALM
05-31-2012, 10:38 AM
IF YOU HAVE UNLIMITED BUDGET "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE".
IF you have money & knowledge you can make impossible possible.

IF a man can build an island in the ocean, a man can build Bulletproof SST.

I hope this is enough inspiration. ;)
http://realestate.theemiratesnetwork.com/developments/dubai/palm_islands/images/palm_jumeirah.jpg

lol and thanks

RALM
05-31-2012, 10:44 AM
You need to do more research, my friend. This isn't just a normal transmission, nothing in it can be replaced except for the clutch packs and a larger fluid pan, for now. Even then, changing the clutch packs isn't a DIY job, they have to be precise within a certain distance and require special tools. The flywheel nor the internal parts are upgradeable.

If you want SST upgrades, change out your fluid with either SSP Gold or any FFL-2 DCT fluid. That and maybe a larger transmission cooler or add a second, but anything more than that requires an experienced shop and a lot of money.

I have done a crap load or research in the this tranny an I saw a few different tranny coolers, and larger oil pan upgrades. But have not seen and enternal upgrade parts for it yett but one thing I ca say is that the fluid they use is tough I have I got the car with a littl over 30k on it im the second owner and the fluid was still good when i chaged it at nearly 40k. When I got the car i drove it rather rough and aggressivly and got it changed about 2 weeks ago just to be on the the safe side. When I saw how clean it was i was like dawn what a way to waist 400 bucks. Even the tech was like i told you the fluid is strong and does not burn easly.

BravoZero
05-31-2012, 11:58 AM
I have done a crap load or research in the this tranny an I saw a few different tranny coolers, and larger oil pan upgrades. But have not seen and enternal upgrade parts for it yett but one thing I ca say is that the fluid they use is tough I have I got the car with a littl over 30k on it im the second owner and the fluid was still good when i chaged it at nearly 40k. When I got the car i drove it rather rough and aggressivly and got it changed about 2 weeks ago just to be on the the safe side. When I saw how clean it was i was like dawn what a way to waist 400 bucks. Even the tech was like i told you the fluid is strong and does not burn easly.

The fluid was probably changed not too long before you got it then if it was clean. There are pictures of the SST fluid and filter after only 9,000 miles on the car, and it looked nasty. However, that's still after the break-in period, the fluid afterwards would last longer... but there's no way the fluid and filter was the original on the car since it rolled off the assembly line in Japan.

RALM
06-01-2012, 04:23 PM
The fluid was probably changed not too long before you got it then if it was clean. There are pictures of the SST fluid and filter after only 9,000 miles on the car, and it looked nasty. However, that's still after the break-in period, the fluid afterwards would last longer... but there's no way the fluid and filter was the original on the car since it rolled off the assembly line in Japan.

you may be right and i was thinking the same

BravoZero
06-01-2012, 05:40 PM
you may be right and i was thinking the same

Either way, you got it done, consider it a $400 "insurance policy" for at least 30k miles if you have a powertrain warranty with the car. At least if something happens to the SST, it won't be fluid-related.

RALM
06-01-2012, 11:07 PM
yes that is very true indeed

NFSLancerRA
06-02-2012, 05:27 AM
I have done a crap load or research in the this tranny an I saw a few different tranny coolers, and larger oil pan upgrades.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/mitsubishi-tc-sst-discussion-all-equipped-models-307/

Now, actually do some research so that you don't make an ass of yourself.

RALM
06-02-2012, 11:58 AM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/mitsubishi-tc-sst-discussion-all-equipped-models-307/

Now, actually do some research so that you don't make an ass of yourself.

thanks for the link but you must feel really tuff talking nonsense over the net

NFSLancerRA
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
thanks for the link but you must feel really tuff talking nonsense over the net

Nonsense? BZ was subtly hinting at the fact that your post didn't make sense. He was trying to help you. The information that you are seeking is really basic stuff. There is no incentive for anyone to help you if you refuse to listen.

BravoZero
06-04-2012, 04:51 AM
Guys, enough.

RALM, we've been trying to give you the information we have, so either take it or leave it. Other than the fluid and clutch pack upgrades, plus a filter upgrade, there's nothing else more you can do with the SST, period. No flywheel upgrade, no gear upgrade, nothing.

TrailBrake
06-04-2012, 04:56 AM
As not to get into this heated battle, BravoZero, would it be possible to make a sticky thread where the available SST upgrades can be listed? That will make for a quick summary, and can avoid this kind of 'issue' in the future :)

RALM
06-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Guys, enough.

RALM, we've been trying to give you the information we have, so either take it or leave it. Other than the fluid and clutch pack upgrades, plus a filter upgrade, there's nothing else more you can do with the SST, period. No flywheel upgrade, no gear upgrade, nothing.

I thank you all very much for providing me with information. I just felt as those his comment about me was unprofessional and disrespectful.

Exyia
06-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Guys, enough.

Kris has been working on an aluminum flywheel for SST's actually

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61525

I think it's unnecessary, but hey, it's been done

RALM
06-05-2012, 10:18 AM

thanks alot is bueatyful

BravoZero
06-06-2012, 05:03 AM
As not to get into this heated battle, BravoZero, would it be possible to make a sticky thread where the available SST upgrades can be listed? That will make for a quick summary, and can avoid this kind of 'issue' in the future :)

I will see what I can do.

I thank you all very much for providing me with information. I just felt as those his comment about me was unprofessional and disrespectful.

Either way, please keep these threads organized and professional. That goes for everyone.

I can't see why the flywheel would need to be changed in this car. The limits are within the transmission itself, not the rotational mass of the flywheel. Hell, aren't a few MR's making 11's and lower without any major internal upgrades?

Exyia
06-06-2012, 05:40 AM
I can't see why the flywheel would need to be changed in this car. The limits are within the transmission itself, not the rotational mass of the flywheel. Hell, aren't a few MR's making 11's and lower without any major internal upgrades?

if you mean the limits are in the software, yes, I agree

it's not so much an upgrade that raises the ceiling, it's just another option imo - no different from a manual in concept

and yes, I also agree it's not for everyone. I don't think it's necessary - though maybe if you're having the trans open anyway and I had the extra budget. And I really don't feel like I'm lacking response with my setup right now, so...*knock on wood

but hey it's been done. SSP-TX hasn't had one nor installed one yet, so they nor I have really no any opinion on it