PDA

View Full Version : UICP Blew off

OverCorrupt
06-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Alright, so i have a 2 piece Injen UICP and this is the second time it has happened. As soon as i heard the pop and saw the CEL i let off the gas and rolled to the side of the road and having a socket wrench set in my trunk, tightened it back up.

The first time i figured i just didnt tighten the t-bolt clamp enough and it happened right after install. Clamped it back on and no problems for a few months. Now all the sudden it happened again and a CEL went off. I am going to pull the code tomorrow when its daylight.

But the question is, has this happened to anyone before? I figure its AFR related. Anything else that could have happened?

And to prevent this from happening again im getting a 1 piece UICP. I had gotten a deal on this Injen 2-piece from a buddy that has a EvoX, so i know there is a tiny bit of fitment issue right where it blew off.

Edit: The CEL did not go off the first time it blew off.

BravoZero
06-02-2012, 03:18 AM
That is probably your problem then, if it's designed for the X and you're using the OEM intercooler, then yea you'll have fitment issues. Best to just put the OEM UICP back on for now until you either get a proper RA version or do an X intercooler swap.

OverCorrupt
06-02-2012, 03:35 AM
nah i do have the X IC. Its not blowing off at the IC, but at the halfway point right by the oil cap. It rubs up against the BOV pipe, so i had to shimmy it into place and its probably at a wrong angle which is why its blowing off.

I know about the problem w the pipe im just mainly wondering if blowing off an IC pipe normally sets off codes and if so which ones. Tried searching on here and EvoM couldnt find anything about it.

NFSLancerRA
06-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Is this my old pipe? I forget who I sold it to.

OverCorrupt
06-02-2012, 05:37 AM
lol could be. I got it from a guy up in NJ but im unsure where he got it.

NFSLancerRA
06-02-2012, 06:15 AM
If it is mine, I had the same problem with it before switching out the couplers. Longer couplers fixed it right up. I might still have them.

turtle9er
06-02-2012, 10:48 AM
One thing you might want to try is put some hair spray or hair gel on the coupler. You will be amazed how solid this makes the connection and might help hold it a bit better until you find a real fix.

adog
06-03-2012, 10:17 PM
One thing you might want to try is put some hair spray or hair gel on the coupler. You will be amazed how solid this makes the connection and might help hold it a bit better until you find a real fix.

+1 on the hairspray, it'll never come off again