PDA

View Full Version : AC stays on?

OverCorrupt
06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Alright i first noticed it today since i bought the car in december since ive never used it till now. But I turned off my car w A/C on and the A/C stayed on after the key was completely in the OFF position. Waited a few minutes and it was still on. Had to turn the car and start it then turn off the A/C then turn the car off again for it to stop working.

So what the F? Never had this happen ever before with any car or heard anyone have this problem?

Insane11RA
06-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Nope, if it happens again take it to your dealer.

BravoZero
06-04-2012, 04:54 AM
Are you sure you didn't move the fan knob to AUTO by accident?

OverCorrupt
06-04-2012, 06:03 AM
So auto would keep the AC running after the car is turned off completely?

BravoZero
06-04-2012, 06:08 AM
Ha, I misread. Disregard, it's Monday. :)

Was it just the A/C fan on, or was the radiator fan on as well? Maybe for some reason the A/C fan being on was still blowing air into the cabin.

xDarKnighTx
07-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Similar thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Not the AC, but just the radiator fan. Very strange.

OverCorrupt
07-04-2012, 10:33 PM
ah forgot about this post =P.

and no problem Bravo, The air was not moving at all into the cabin. I cant tell if both fans were on since i was in downtown DC and family was waiting on me so i didnt wanna do a full checkout. just wanted the problem fixed. So i know for a fact the AC stayed on (its much louder than the Rad fan) but i have no idea if the rad was on as well.

Yea ive had the radiator fan stay on in other cars, not this one yet though. Which i think is a nice feature as i dont want any fluids baked while the car is off. But then comes in the fact that the fluids dont move at all so why do i like it? i guess reassurance =P

I know it was the AC fan cause its much louder than the rad fan IMO and it happened twice before figuring out it was because the AC was on before shutting the car off. Once i turned off the AC before turning the car off it was fine. Although this problem hasnt happened since and its been much hotter lately than when the problem occurred. So i have no idea :confused:

richardh
08-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah, the X and RA will sometimes decide to run the big cooling fan even after the car switches off.

I've only had it occur a couple of times. Car is totally off and locked up, but the fan still runs.

It's perfectly normal... if a little rare. I've only had it occur 2-3 times, and I live in a hot climate.

It does seem to be more likely if you switch the ingnition off, then on again a minute later, then off. Perhaps the sensors see the heatsoak from being parked, and go into OMG NEED AIR mode.

Dunno really. :)

Rich

OverCorrupt
08-14-2012, 10:42 PM
and go into OMG NEED AIR mode.
Rich

You always know how to make me laugh while reading something informational :p Props to ya man.

Good to know thats the reason and not something gone wrong. When it happens to you does it eventually go off? or should we do the reset method?

Bom
09-10-2012, 07:46 PM
It's just the built in turbo timer in the ecu. It meters the iat and coolant temp and decides if it's hot or really freaking hot. It's most likely the radiator fan, it would sound louder because the engine is off.....