PDA

View Full Version : Ams reflash & intake

ecintheplace
09-26-2009, 04:06 PM
I installed my ams intake and ams reflash today. How can i find out if my car is running fine. It almost sounds like there is a crap load of air leaking out while the boast is building. Has anyone experience the plastic BOV leaking air after doing the reflash.

EricJ@AMS
09-26-2009, 04:23 PM
A good way to test this would to be remove the plastic BOV and flip it around. Get into boost and see if it sounds any different. Having it reversed will pressurize the back of the valve, preventing it from opening. Just do a few pulls, then switch it back to avoid too many compressor surges.

ecintheplace
09-26-2009, 06:29 PM
ill have to give that a try tommorow. And by reverse the BOV you mean basically flip it upside down. I havent received the boost pill yet so im not driving the car hard untill i get that and install the pill. After i reverse the BOV and see if that holds the boost do u think i im going to have to upgrade to the evo X BOV to see if that holds the boost.

EricJ@AMS
09-27-2009, 09:18 AM
ecintheplace, you got it!

ecintheplace
09-27-2009, 12:44 PM
So i reversed THE BOV today and had no different results. It still sounds the same with tons of air leaking out of the plastic bov. Im gonna cal ams tommorow to buy the evo x bov to see if that helps.

razorlab
09-27-2009, 02:01 PM
It's normal to hear more induction noise when you go from a intake box to a open cone filter.