PDA

View Full Version : Speeding tickets in your ralliart?

Lanceralliart
07-04-2012, 11:11 PM
I just got nailed going 40 over and I'm just wondering what kind of tickets you guys have gotten. Maybe it'll make me feel better haha

MTZL
07-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Got impounded for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Wasnt even speeding if you can believe that. Still paying for unknown speed.
Maybe had I been speeding, it may make me feel better for paying this unknown speed "criminal" offense paying to "Depart of revenue".

I cant afford speeding ticket so I don't speed. Im paying 60$ extra a month on insurance because of a bad cop.

Stop speeding & you wont get a ticket. If you get a ticket & you were not speeding? get a camera hopefully that will save you from unnecessary expenses.

At least you didnt get kick in the nuts.
Look at it on the bright side.
Stop speeding. Not having to pay speeding ticket because I dont speed always make me feel better. Make you a better driver too. ;)

RalliArtist
07-05-2012, 01:59 AM
i recently got one. i got caught by a speeding camera going 9kph over the limit which is like between 6-5mph -_- the ticket was only 15€

EricS09RA
07-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Got a speeding ticket for 64 in a 45. Down here we have lawyers who spezialize in traffic citations, so I paid one $90, and they got it thrown out. I couldn't believe it worked cus I've had well over 30 tickets.

BravoZero
07-05-2012, 06:35 AM
40 over? You retard. Was there any need to go that fast?

It's simple... don't speed and you won't be ticketed. I have yet to receive one speeding ticket in my life. It just isn't worth it.

crak
07-05-2012, 08:02 AM
got a 119km/h in a 90km/h zone. was midnight no one was on the road felt like giving her, cop was coming the other way. got me on the straight way.

400$ to hit me. I am going to contact my lawyer buddy to get me a reprimand and hopefully reduce the fine. Don't speed - true, however. My superiority complex prevents me sometimes from abiding to the law.

zeRep85
07-05-2012, 08:51 AM
It's simple... don't speed and you won't be ticketed. I have yet to receive one speeding ticket in my life. It just isn't worth it.

+1

I have yet to receive one too! (knocks on wood)

zeRep

Dbzguy
07-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Sorry to hear that bro. Ive had my fair share of tickets as well but that has been greatly offset by having a radar detector. I always fight my tickets as well and have roughly a 70% win rate so far...

TrailBrake
07-05-2012, 09:49 AM
... Stop speeding & you wont get a ticket. If you get a ticket & you were not speeding? get a camera hopefully that will save you from unnecessary expenses.

+1

I have a cam running in my car in all times :)

crak
07-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear that bro. Ive had my fair share of tickets as well but that has been greatly offset by having a radar detector. I always fight my tickets as well and have roughly a 70% win rate so far...

what reasoning do you use to win?

RalliNurse
07-05-2012, 10:35 AM

+1 on that...

Not only you lose money to some BS...
What if u hit someone?
What if that person that u hit becomes a para or quad or dead?
Do u want that to be in ur head for life

As a rehab nurse...I see too many of these cases where ppl became paras or quads just because ppl were speeding...

Is it really necessary?

I'm not trashing u per se...but this is something u have to think about...if worse case senario that in an accident u get hurt...that's bad enough but if u hurt others just because u were speeding...that IMO it's fuck-up and inexcusable...

If u wanna speed...pls take it to the track!

Lanceralliart
07-05-2012, 11:32 AM

40 km so about 25 mph over. Still ridiculous though. I've definitely achieved full-retard status

MTZL
07-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Be glad this didnt happened to you. :D

sOJvPGTWxAU

Dbzguy
07-05-2012, 12:54 PM
what reasoning do you use to win?

Just the simple LOP strategy haha :)

BravoZero
07-05-2012, 01:36 PM
40 km so about 25 mph over. Still ridiculous though. I've definitely achieved full-retard status

You need to specify, keep in mind we have people from both Canada and the US. So when you say "40 over", we're going to take it as 40 MPH.

Either way, there's no reason to be speeding 25 mph or so over the speed limit. Maybe you need a slower car.

MTZL
07-05-2012, 01:54 PM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/426855_449807895044458_1379082470_n.jpg

RALM
07-05-2012, 02:16 PM
lol. i got my first speeding tickit after having the RA for about 2 weeks. I was doing a lil over 60 in 30 mph area. The cop side you gota be shitting me doing 60in a 30 mph zone give your licence and registrations. I was pist and i was speeding because i was late for a tatoo appointment. It was stuppid and lame.

crak
07-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I think when you guys talk about speeding is such a taboo subject.

"You shouldn't be speeding because you can kill or hurt someone!"

People get hurt and killed even when people do the speed limit. I think we all have a good mind when we know that we can have control of our vehicle and when we can not.

School zones during school hours and speeding is a dumb idea.
School zones during 2:00am in the morning and speeding, is just that.

If a school zone was 50 or 60 or 70 or even 20. Imagine in a weird way they set school zones to 90km/h as the limit. Is that still speeding? No? You say because you are going under the limit of 90? where is the line drawn for each driver on what is speeding.

You can speed if you can afford it. Just don't speed during times when people are about. Do it safely.

Umbletron
07-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Im gonna go with CraK on this one. In all honesty speeding is relatively safer than not. From my experience people pay more attention when they are speeding, i have never seen a speeding person putting on make-up or eating a sandwich, or on their phone. Granted, there's a limit over thats just too much anyway. But 10 over seems like the best balance from what i have seen lol.

Of course never speed in Neighborhoods or school zones or parking lots.

NFSLancerRA
07-05-2012, 05:13 PM
It was stuppid and lame.

So is getting tattooed. I am not quite sure that people understand how badly this practice can and will affect your ultimate career success. If you want to be mediocre and work a middle of the road type of job, then I guess it doesn't matter. I just can't imagine going through life like that. I am dead serious.

NFSLancerRA
07-05-2012, 05:15 PM
+1 on that...

Not only you lose money to some BS...
What if u hit someone?
What if that person that u hit becomes a para or quad or dead?
Do u want that to be in ur head for life

As a rehab nurse...I see too many of these cases where ppl became paras or quads just because ppl were speeding...

Is it really necessary?

I'm not trashing u per se...but this is something u have to think about...if worse case senario that in an accident u get hurt...that's bad enough but if u hurt others just because u were speeding...that IMO it's fuck-up and inexcusable...

If u wanna speed...pls take it to the track!

He gets it. It isn't like no one knows that speeding is dangerous. Every pack of smokes in this country has a blatant warning label on it. Everyone knows what it says, and no one cares.

NFSLancerRA
07-05-2012, 05:19 PM
I just got nailed going 40 over and I'm just wondering what kind of tickets you guys have gotten. Maybe it'll make me feel better haha

How old are you?

zeRep85
07-05-2012, 06:38 PM
So is getting tattooed. I am not quite sure that people understand how badly this practice can and will affect your ultimate career success. If you want to be mediocre and work a middle of the road type of job, then I guess it doesn't matter. I just can't imagine going through life like that. I am dead serious.

Well this might be true outside of the cool states. But hurr in killa kali my nigga that aint tru.

:cool:

zeRep

NFSLancerRA
07-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Failifornia doesn't count as a cool state.

Umbletron
07-05-2012, 08:25 PM
If you don't have any tattoos that are visible with a shirt on, i don't see you having any trouble in employment

BravoZero
07-06-2012, 05:45 AM
Moved to OT since there are about three or four different topics being discussed, and it's kind of an off-topic thread anyway.

EricS09RA
07-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Either way, there's no reason to be speeding 25 mph or so over the speed limit. Maybe you need a slower car.

I got a ticket for doing 110 mph in a 45 (and I was in a much slower car at the time). So go ahead and tell me how stupid I am and how I put people's lives in danger, even though you know nothing about the driving conditions at the time of the ticket. I do not need big brother to post a sign on the side of the road for me to be able to determine a safe rate of speed, just like I don't need a little light to turn from red to green for me to be able to see for myself that an intersection is clear and safe to enter. So go ahead and have fun being the sheep.

NFSLancerRA
07-06-2012, 05:56 AM
If you don't have any tattoos that are visible with a shirt on, i don't see you having any trouble in employment

True, but I find that in Florida people tend to like to show off their ink. That will cause problems.

BravoZero
07-06-2012, 06:31 AM
I got a ticket for doing 110 mph in a 45 (and I was in a much slower car at the time). So go ahead and tell me how stupid I am and how I put people's lives in danger, even though you know nothing about the driving conditions at the time of the ticket. I do not need big brother to post a sign on the side of the road for me to be able to determine a safe rate of speed, just like I don't need a little light to turn from red to green for me to be able to see for myself that an intersection is clear and safe to enter. So go ahead and have fun being the sheep.

Someone piss in your cornflakes this morning? Damn.

So you tell me this... what benefit do you get for driving that fast? You really think it's worth the court costs, the points on your driving record, the possibility of you losing your license? Gotta be smarter than that dude.

And let me tell you something else, if you want to be an idiot and drive that fast on a public roadway and you end up killing someone else in an accident, that's on you. Have fun in prison, don't drop the soap.

Drew
07-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Rant mode engaged....

I would be AMAZED if every single person on this board hasn't broken the law in their cars. I would like to see an honest list of everyone that hasn't had their car over 100mph before. And I can also tell you with 100% certainty that if you accelerate from a stop to the posted 55mph at wide open throttle in our cars, that is JUST as illegal as speeding and you can and will get a ticket if you do it in front of a cop. It just amazes me that 90% of the discussions on this board is about how to make your car be able to go faster or be able to handle better when you go faster, and less than 10% of people on this board have ever had their cars on a round track, yet we are talking about someone being an idiot for speeding on a public road. Granted TS took the speeding to excess, which is pretty silly and seems like a teen thing to do. But giving him crap for breaking the rules a little more than we do makes no sense.

And then we have people on the other extreme...
I do not need big brother to post a sign on the side of the road for me to be able to determine a safe rate of speed, just like I don't need a little light to turn from red to green for me to be able to see for myself that an intersection is clear and safe to enter. So go ahead and have fun being the sheep.

You have got to be kidding me. Let's remove the speed limit signs and traffic lights and see how long you go without some idiot hitting you. You can't have it both ways, calling people "sheep" because we want traffic lights and speed limits, knowing you would be the first one to bitch if some moron ran through an intersection that had no traffic light and wiped out your RA.

Let's all find a happy medium. Everyone speeds. Everyone breaks the "unsafe acceleration" laws. Just don't be an idiot and don't kill anyone and don't complain when you get busted and don't act like the laws are stupid.
Can't we all just get along..lol

/rant mode

EricS09RA
07-06-2012, 08:25 AM
You have got to be kidding me. Let's remove the speed limit signs and traffic lights and see how long you go without some idiot hitting you. You can't have it both ways, calling people "sheep" because we want traffic lights and speed limits, knowing you would be the first one to bitch if some moron ran through an intersection that had no traffic light and wiped out your RA.

whoa there, I didn't say that we should not have traffic control devices. I don't belive that at all. I just dont like that people are calling others idiots for not obeying the law 100% of the time. When I got my ticket for 110 in a 45, it was 3am, I was on a 4 mile long bridge, and there was no traffic on the raod at all. The only person in any danger was myself. If I pull up to a stop light and there isn't a car for miles, then I'm not going to sit there and wait for it to turn green. My point is that some of us are smart enough to figure when it is possible to break the law in a safe manner. And yes, if you aren't that smart and you're going to call someone an idiot for doing something when you dont have the whole story, then you're acting like a sheep.

BravoZero
07-06-2012, 08:28 AM
I agree that people do go over the speed limit, I am guilty of it from time to time, but never do I go more than 10 mph over. I am trying to conserve fuel and prevent getting a ticket. And when I was in high school I did street race a few times. But after seeing the consequences from friends participating in street racing or driving way over the limit, I know it just isn't worth it.

But what I have an issue with is when people claim that the speed limit signs and law enforcement doing speed traps are stupid. Again, don't speed and you won't get into trouble. I find it funny how people think they are immune from the laws that are there for a reason. If you want to drive in a reckless manner everyday, move to Germany and take the Autobahn to and from work.

You break the laws and get cited for it, that's your problem. If you don't want crap for it, don't post it publicly. No one is going to pity you for your stupid decisions.

BravoZero
07-06-2012, 08:33 AM
whoa there, I didn't say that we should not have traffic control devices. I don't belive that at all. I just dont like that people are calling others idiots for not obeying the law 100% of the time. When I got my ticket for 110 in a 45, it was 3am, I was on a 4 mile long bridge, and there was no traffic on the raod at all. The only person in any danger was myself. If I pull up to a stop light and there isn't a car for miles, then I'm not going to sit there and wait for it to turn green. My point is that some of us are smart enough to figure when it is possible to break the law in a safe manner. And yes, if you aren't that smart and you're going to call someone an idiot for doing something when you dont have the whole story, then you're acting like a sheep.

Sheep? So you think you're above the law now and you can do as you please? Karma is a bitch, my friend. This goes to show the lack of integrity you have. How do you know you were the only one on that road? What if a deer or some other animal runs out in the road and you hit it? How do you know there wasn't a cop sitting off to the side out of view? These are the things you need to think about.

And just FYI... the OP said he did about 25mph over, which is considered "reckless" driving. 10mph over isn't reckless, but still enough to be ticketed. So when you bitch and complain that you were ticketed because you were going over the speed limit in a "reckless" manner, then you reap what you sow. So as for us giving the OP shit about his ticket, he deserves it.

EricS09RA
07-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Sheep? So you think you're above the law now and you can do as you please? Karma is a bitch, my friend. This goes to show the lack of integrity you have. How do you know you were the only one on that road? What if a deer or some other animal runs out in the road and you hit it? How do you know there wasn't a cop sitting off to the side out of view? These are the things you need to think about.

And just FYI... the OP said he did about 25mph over, which is considered "reckless" driving. 10mph over isn't reckless, but still enough to be ticketed. So when you bitch and complain that you were ticketed because you were going over the speed limit in a "reckless" manner, then you reap what you sow. So as for us giving the OP shit about his ticket, he deserves it.

I knew I was the only one on the road because I was on a 4 mile long bridge with a full view of what was in front of me. I know I'm not above the law, I've paid for waaaaaaaay too many tickets to have that illusion. You won't see me get upset about getting a speeding ticket, because I know the consequences of getting caught and it is a risk that I accept. It's what I pay to play.

This is a sports car forum, and we are all guilty of speeding (wether we've actually been caught or not). It would be nice to limit it to the track, but in reality we have sports cars, not track cars. So to expect the people here to keep it on the track is unrealistic, and call people idiots for driving fast is downright hypocritical.

zeRep85
07-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Ceeeeee Ayyyyyy alllll Dayyyyyyyyy

zeRep

Dbzguy
07-06-2012, 09:23 AM
This thread got interesting. Im gonna say that I feel most of the traffic laws are BS and just designed to rake in revenue for state and local government. All that aside, on the speeding issue - tell me why they post a 45mph limit on a long straight 6 lane divided highway with no PedXing or blind intersections but they have moto cops at each end hidin out at least once a week?

You could also argue that most speed limits are archaic and need to be updated to complement newer vehicle speeds and safety standards.

Ive always wondered as well why they dont change or build more toll roads to higher speeds. Seems like it might be a viable option for a lot of people that want to actually get somewhere in a reasonble amount of time.

MTZL
07-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Dont do the crime if you cant do the time.

If you got money & license to throw away for speeding ticket go for it.
It is true we all got a faster than econo cars for a reason, whatever the reason it may be.

I'd stay off the streets or public areas. My perspective is if you dont contribute to feeding the money hungry system, hopefully the system will starve to death.
People break the law so the law make more laws until eventually everybody is a criminal. If nobody is breaking the law. Law makers have nothing to talk about. If someone with RA hit or kill someone everyone one with RA, it make all of us look bad. Make import sport cars target of all law enforcements & more laws til every import will be subject to profiling.

Double the speed limit is a felony, you get too many tickets & kiss your license good bye.

Patience also make you a better driver.

EricS09RA
07-06-2012, 09:41 AM
If someone with RA hit or kill someone everyone one with RA, it make all of us look bad. Make import sport cars target of all law enforcements & more laws til every import will be subject to profiling.

We're already being profiled, it's been this way since people started suping up Honda's in the late 90's. Nothings changed.

MTZL
07-06-2012, 09:43 AM
My opinion,

Every day I drive over 30miles one way. 60 miles round trip.

NOBODY OBEY THE SPEED LIMIT.

Why do I do the speed limit? Throttle control. Almost as good as Cruise Control manually. ;)

Also I dont want to pay the system that screwing us over for decades anymore money.
I got robbed in court by the DA & The Judge. That is the last time they are going to rob me. I will do whatever necessary to keep my money in my pocket.

Watching the same cops hiding in the same bushes or behind barriers.
Believe or not, they do have quota.

STOP FEEDING THE SYSTEM MONEY!

===================

Initially Speed limit signs were there to limit the cars of older designs which were alot less safer & less technological advances. Now a days cars are made to sustain great impact & greater characteristics.

Traffic survey determines what speed is safe for what type of road/condition.

On the track every turn has speed limit, by obeying the limit you can learn to push the limit further.

Thought->Words->Action->Habit->Character-.Make you the person you think you should be.

Make it a habit to
STOP FEEDING THE SYSTEM MONEY!

NFSLancerRA
07-06-2012, 09:57 AM
I would be AMAZED if every single person on this board hasn't broken the law in their cars. I would like to see an honest list of everyone that hasn't had their car over 100mph before.

I completely agree. I love the "I have seen what speed can do, I am a nurse/murse/doctor's aid/etc." folks. Please stop. I work in the medical community. We all know what the consequences are. We all speed, on occasion, as well.

HOWEVER, the RA and Bruce have only ever seen 100 mph on the track. I am a reformed speeder. I got busted many years ago for going 100 in a 55. I admit that I was a stupid kid at one time, as well. We all make mistakes. I was lucky enough to learn from mine without ever getting into serious trouble. Not everyone is so fortunate. That is just a fact of life.

RALM
07-06-2012, 10:10 AM

Im not sure how a tattoo will keep you from being successful but ill tell you this im an 23 i finished my MBA at the age of 22 while working full time for DoS, I currently for one the most well known law enforcement agencies under DOJ. My tats have not slowed me down in any carrer related opportunity or while recieving my education. The key is to think about what your going to put on your body before you get the tat because its going to be their to you die. None of my tats can be seen in a business suit or a short sleeved dress button up shirt. Success is in the mind. Just be mindfull of what you say an remmember everyone has a personal opinion but objectivity+intelligece X logic will take you further then you think ;)

BravoZero
07-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Those of you who truly believe that the laws are set in place for the government to make money, I shake my head at you. Just because you've had a bad experience or two with law enforcement doesn't mean that the entire "system" is designed to take your money. If that were the case, they'd pull you over for NO reason whatsoever and ticket you for NOTHING at all. These laws are set for everyone's safety. Why do you think it's mandatory to have headlights on during inclement weather? How about using a turn signal? Or even wearing a seat belt? The laws are designed for a purpose, and allowing the government to make money off your stupidity is not one of them.

RALM
07-06-2012, 10:15 AM
your statement is very true

EricS09RA
07-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Those of you who truly believe that the laws are set in place for the government to make money, I shake my head at you. Just because you've had a bad experience or two with law enforcement doesn't mean that the entire "system" is designed to take your money. If that were the case, they'd pull you over for NO reason whatsoever and ticket you for NOTHING at all. These laws are set for everyone's safety. Why do you think it's mandatory to have headlights on during inclement weather? How about using a turn signal? Or even wearing a seat belt? The laws are designed for a purpose, and allowing the government to make money off your stupidity is not one of them.

Laws are created for safety, it's the manner in which they are enforced that is designed to generate revenue. Cops aren't stupid, they know that if they don't generate enough revenue through ticketing, then they could possibly end up getting laid off. Not sure what world you live in, but I have been pulled over for no reason whatsoever. The most expensive ticket I've ever had to pay, had absolutely nothing to do with safety and was directly caused by the police themselves. Don't be naive, they want our money.

BravoZero
07-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Laws are created for safety, it's the manner in which they are enforced that is designed to generate revenue. Cops aren't stupid, they know that if they don't generate enough revenue through ticketing, then they could possibly end up getting laid off. Not sure what world you live in, but I have been pulled over for no reason whatsoever. The most expensive ticket I've ever had to pay, had absolutely nothing to do with safety and was directly caused by the police themselves. Don't be naive, they want our money.

Do explain then, if you want to boast such a response.

NFSLancerRA
07-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Im not sure how a tattoo will keep you from being successful but ill tell you this im an 23 i finished my MBA at the age of 22 while working full time for DoS, I currently for one the most well known law enforcement agencies under DOJ. My tats have not slowed me down in any carrer related opportunity or while recieving my education. The key is to think about what your going to put on your body before you get the tat because its going to be their to you die. None of my tats can be seen in a business suit or a short sleeved dress button up shirt. Success is in the mind. Just be mindfull of what you say an remmember everyone has a personal opinion but objectivity+intelligece X logic will take you further then you think ;)

Fair enough. I look down on them, but I may be a bit snobbish. By-product of where I grew up, I fear.

NFSLancerRA
07-06-2012, 10:47 AM

I agree with this. A good example of this at work is Red-Light Cameras. They are clearly marked. Hell, they give you not one but two warnings here in FL in the form of two signs, some are quite a long ways off. If you are getting caught, it really is your own fault.

EricS09RA
07-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Do explain then, if you want to boast such a response.

Was waiting in line to make a left hand turn at a stop light. There were two turn lanes, I was in the inside lane with zero view of the road I was turning onto. The light turned green, and I followed traffic through the intersection. The road I was turning onto was normally 3 lanes wide, but the police had coned off one of the lanes to create a coral. Two blocks down, road maintenance was being done on a bridge, which closed off yet another lane of traffic. When the traffic in front of me hit the bottle neck, everybody stopped, and I became stuck in the intersection with about six other vehicles behind me. When the light changed, the police officers simply walked into the intersection and directed the stuck vehicles into their coral, where they issued each person a citation. They knew that their coral limited peoples ability to get out of the intersection, and that every time the light changed they had a fresh batch of cars to ticket. Ended up costing me $500.

Dbzguy
07-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I disagree with the whole " laws are created for safety " argument.

Explain to me how these laws make the streets safer:

No front plate
Tinted windows
Fog lights on during the day
Air freshner hanging on rear wiew mirror
Bad tags
Loud exhaust
Any aftermarket part without a CARB sticker on it

List goes on and on...

And about the whole tattoo thing, some small tats on chicks are ok but when they do the whole sleave/s on their arms, its a turn off for me.

BravoZero
07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Was waiting in line to make a left hand turn at a stop light. There were two turn lanes, I was in the inside lane with zero view of the road I was turning onto. The light turned green, and I followed traffic through the intersection. The road I was turning onto was normally 3 lanes wide, but the police had coned off one of the lanes to create a coral. Two blocks down, road maintenance was being done on a bridge, which closed off yet another lane of traffic. When the traffic in front of me hit the bottle neck, everybody stopped, and I became stuck in the intersection with about six other vehicles behind me. When the light changed, the police officers simply walked into the intersection and directed the stuck vehicles into their coral, where they issued each person a citation. They knew that their coral limited peoples ability to get out of the intersection, and that every time the light changed they had a fresh batch of cars to ticket. Ended up costing me $500.

Then from what you're explaining, you should have judged whether or not to go. If you see that traffic might bottleneck at an intersection, don't go until it's clear. That just seems like a common sense error there. Just like the people who decide to sit in the middle of an intersection when the light turns red and blocks the other drivers from going anywhere when the light turns for them, all because they're impatient or just don't care.

EricS09RA
07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Then from what you're explaining, you should have judged whether or not to go. If you see that traffic might bottleneck at an intersection, don't go until it's clear. That just seems like a common sense error there. Just like the people who decide to sit in the middle of an intersection when the light turns red and blocks the other drivers from going anywhere when the light turns for them, all because they're impatient or just don't care.

I am normally very concious of traffic backing into intersections, that's actually a pet peeve of mine. But, in this instance, due to limited visability, I couldn't see what was coming. The police understood what was going on, and rather than help the situation, they created a trap.

Back to the point, this had absolutely nothing to do with safety, it was simply about generating revenue.

BravoZero
07-06-2012, 11:32 AM
I disagree with the whole " laws are created for safety " argument.

Explain to me how these laws make the streets safer:

No front plate
Tinted windows
Fog lights on during the day
Air freshner hanging on rear wiew mirror
Bad tags
Loud exhaust
Any aftermarket part without a CARB sticker on it

List goes on and on...

And about the whole tattoo thing, some small tats on chicks are ok but when they do the whole sleave/s on their arms, its a turn off for me.

Hmm... other than the "no front plate" law, they all must be Kalifornia-specific.

If you have bad tags, that's your own goddamn fault for not keeping up with your registration, don't blame the officers for that. Loud exhaust is universal, all states have some sort of law, it's called noise pollution, unfortunately. Don't like it, get a quieter exhaust. Tinted windows also vary depending on the state, some allow darker tint, some don't. Aftermarket parts with CARB-legal stickers, again probably something state-mandated like Kali.

Let me also make this point... did I saw ALL laws? No I did not. The obvious ones, like the ones I mentioned, the posted speed limits, etc, are designed for that. The other non-issue items that you just listed have nothing to do with safety, with the possible exception of tinted windows. They are there for other reasons, which in your case, some states have strict emissions laws. Again, Kali is a big example of it.

BravoZero
07-06-2012, 11:36 AM
I am normally very concious of traffic backing into intersections, that's actually a pet peeve of mine. But, in this instance, due to limited visability, I couldn't see what was coming. The police understood what was going on, and rather than help the situation, they created a trap.

Back to the point, this had absolutely nothing to do with safety, it was simply about generating revenue.

False, you're sitting out in the middle of an intersection, you and other drivers are in danger of an accident. While I agree that the officers could have done more to direct the flow of traffic, you were there, regardless. Call it bad luck. I wasn't there, sure, but I'm sure a better solution could have happened.

EricS09RA
07-06-2012, 12:13 PM
False, you're sitting out in the middle of an intersection, you and other drivers are in danger of an accident. While I agree that the officers could have done more to direct the flow of traffic, you were there, regardless. Call it bad luck. I wasn't there, sure, but I'm sure a better solution could have happened.

Yeah, lots of danger with traffic moving at a whopping 15 mph, oh the humanity, the humanity!!!! I wasn't in the middle, I was actually halfway into the crosswalk, another 10 feet and I'd have been clear. But you are right about something, you weren't there.

MTZL
07-06-2012, 12:41 PM
I've been into one of those. Left turn arrow light, its green, Im the third car there. I see Motorbike cop at the opposite intersection (right turning lane) parked, pointing a radar gun.
I enter the intersection as traffic slowed down, I cleared the intersection (double white line/cross walk) as the light turned red.

I went to court, I didnt have any evidence to present. My word against a cop?
The cop made Sergeant the day of court & had the Judge apologize for calling him officer.
Long story short, Mr. Sergeant said "All I know is he ran the red light". I had to pay extra for fighting the ticket.

Now a days, camera is my best friend.

=========================

Not all cops are your friend. There are bad cops like there are bad people.
The badge doesnt make cop honest.. Camera usually get bad cops in trouble so they removed em in my area.

All of this is a compound problems. Two wrongs doesnt make anything right.
People need to stop breaking the law & bad cops need to be held responsible for their actions, maybe lack of training & background check.

=========================

I had a cop pull me over before & call me cousin or blood. Some cops are ex-gang members. I've got pull over at gun point before & was called motherfucker. After I was facedown with his 250lbs knee to the back of my neck.

There was about 10 cop cars with k9 unit, block the whole road. I thought they was going to shoot to kill. I was followed by sheriff thru three different cities, so there was three different police department as back up. That was a wild night. K-9 unit almost took my face off.

After background & warrant check, Sheriff softly said sorry, you fit the description of someone they're looking for. How convenient.

My clothes were dirty & my face had rocks embedded from having 250lbs knee on my back of the neck. All I got was half ass "sorry, you fit the description of someone we're looking for."

Hey, thanks officer. Can I have a second but this time on camera please.

==========================================

Dont be break the law & protect yourself. Be careful & drive safely.

In my personal opinion. The cops/DA are like sales people, laws & people are products, judge is the sale manager. Jail & prison is inventory.
All franchised.

NOT ALL COPS ARE BAD. /the end.

Dbzguy
07-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Snap Bro thats crazy to hear. Ive been pulled over more times than most people and luckily 90% of the time the cops were cool. There have been a few times ( rarely ) where I thought if I just said the wrong thing, I was gonna get shot! lolz...

Lanceralliart
07-07-2012, 08:54 AM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/426855_449807895044458_1379082470_n.jpg

I think I need this

RalliArtist
07-07-2012, 01:43 PM
man i love the autobahn. there nothing like the feeling of being able to legally drive 130+ mph on a public highway

Drew
07-08-2012, 06:24 AM
I think that most cops in general fall somewhere between the two extremes here. The problem comes from the fact that most people who want to be a cop have a power trip and want to be able to tell people what to do and enforce the law, but feel like they themselves are above it. Not saying all cops are like that, but alot are. I have a good friend that is a local cop, and they do give tickets pretty much for no reason, when a warning is warranted, depending on the financial calendar and status.

And this is priceless..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFSiG455wz8

MTZL
07-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Bad cop bad cop whatcha gonna do when they come for you.
Snick sna snap snay...
g1e9Htc6FMY

LNSLim8h1Nw

mRhzrFelRHM

enccAuRM8Yo

bad people with badge does not make good cop.

Doesnt mean Im against all cops, only the bad one.

Here is another one.

OCqo3eDNzeQ

Some bad cops thinks it is fun to tazer people, for fun.
Some of them actually brag about it & laugh about how other people react to tazer.
Cops are people too, some are still kids.
Some of them have kids.
Some are unstable & have mental issues.

Some of them are an accident away from committing suicide or getting killed by their own partner.
I wanted to be a cop when I was younger. Took classes & ride along with police officers.
Met a few really good cops. Witnessed many many bad cops.

============================================

Dont speed & be lucky you didnt get stopped by a bad cop with trigger happy finger.

zeRep85
07-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Goddamnit Mike!

Getting me all worked up over some bad batch of bacon!!

Sheesh

Umbletron
07-08-2012, 12:48 PM
in most towns, the cops earn (not going to them mind you) over 70% of their money from traffic violations. While the cops dont get a direct payment for this money generated, they do get awards, decorations and promotions based on performance. So there is incentive. And not saying its all about the money... but if you look at traffic cops, they drive some pretty nice vehicles these days, i see many charger/challenger/camaro/corvette/GXR1000's. And i guarantee you they aren't getting these for domestic violence. The Gov knows where to put its money.. into generating more. Plus who has money? the innocent civilians? or the criminals who are stealing so they can GET money?

hackerrei
07-11-2012, 05:48 AM
I agree with you guys you can't be on the track all the time and when driving on the highway speed limit 70 your going 80 other cars are still passing you like your the old lady in the fast lane makes it hard not to step on it. It's not the best feeling being in a fast turbo car and a mini van passes you while you are driving over the limit in the first place. I guess i have that mental where I don't like being over taken when driving I like being ahead the pack.

But I will tell my story.
I was coming to a on ramp and some kid passes me pretty fast guess he saw my car and wanted to do a ricer drive by in his getta with exh. My friend said get him so I gunned it on the on ramp got behind him pretty fast once on the high way this kid takes off there was a car in the fast lane and a big rig with a black car behind him in the middle lane. This kid darts into the fast lane in fron the other car but the black car in the middle lane way trying to cut to the fast lane to pass the rig. The kid almost hits the black car which turned back to the middle in time. I went to catch up with him as I passed the black car I saw some strang light in the back window it was a cop so after i got past the rig I slowed down and went into the middle next thing I know the lights were on and the cop got the kid a little up the road he had to be doing 80 in a 60 lucky for me i did not go that fast and he pissed the cop off when he cut him off.lol sorry for the long story I could not stop laff at the kid.

O and about bad cops breaking the law they were to protect check this out
http://screen.yahoo.com/florida-cops-fired-for-dangerous-prank-29940545.html?pb_list=23dce613-c500-43f0-9134-70e58b73187a

crak
07-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Get a radar detector:) There are new ones out made with magnesium that have anti radar detector detector abilities.

kissmeblind
07-11-2012, 08:08 AM
I got pulled over in my old Lancer (GTS) a few times, none in my RA :)

One time, I was coming home from my parents late at night, long stretch of road. I'm doing 50 in a 50 on Cruise Control. Some a$$ hole I can see coming up on me. The guy is tail gating me. So I think, uhhh, deer + dark. I'm not going to speed. Well, out of no where I see more headlights. Then cop lights. I pull over. I got a ticket for doing "19mph over the speed limit" Long story short, I went to fight and had to pay $200. 2 point ticket instead of 4. Bogus ticket.

Another time, I wasn't speeding or anything also. I had an expired registration, which was stupid on my part. It was about a month expired. When the cop asked for my license and registration, I told him straight up that my registration had expired, I hadn't gotten around to the DMV, working 6 days a week. I know it's not an excuse. Lol. He told me that was the reason he pulled me over. After a little talking, he went back to his car. Came back, gave me a ticket for an Unregistered vehicle ($54) and a ticket for Obstructed View ($54) I had a air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror. I got very lucky :) he could've had my car towed and all, but he told me to get it ASAP and let me go on my way. The next day, I went to the DMV. :D

Other than that, I go over the speed limit every now and then. I can honestly say, though, I never went past 80mph :)

Drew
07-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Get a radar detector:) There are new ones out made with magnesium that have anti radar detector detector abilities.

But the cops have just developed technology to detect anti radar detector detector abilities, detecting to them your ability to detect them trying to detect your detector.

crak
07-11-2012, 10:20 AM
But the cops have just developed technology to detect anti radar detector detector abilities, detecting to them your ability to detect them trying to detect your detector.

Im serious!

Features New Exclusive TotalShield Technology - Our new TotalShield Technology makes the STiR Plus completely invisible against any type of radar detector detector. Not only will it keep you unseen by all current radar detector detectors, (RDDs), its designed to be completely undetectable by any future threats as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Beltronics-STiR-Plus-Radar-Detector/dp/B004TBI0RQ

zeRep85
07-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Im serious!

Features New Exclusive TotalShield Technology - Our new TotalShield Technology makes the STiR Plus completely invisible against any type of radar detector detector. Not only will it keep you unseen by all current radar detector detectors, (RDDs), its designed to be completely undetectable by any future threats as well.

How would they know that?!?!

crak
07-11-2012, 10:59 AM
How would they know that?!?!

i have no idea and thats a good question too. My guess is the way RDD's work - they found a way around it. Still I have no idea how that works.

MTZL
07-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Radar/Anti-Radar are a waste of money.

Speeding tickets are a waste of money too.

Dont throw your money away, unless if it makes you happy.

It is like weapons & armors.
They make weapons to defeat the armor.
Now armors to defeat the weapon.

Any technologies as soon as you bought it, it is outdated.
If you're the consumer, you will never get the latest technology.
It may be latest technology to you but trust me, that will never be the case.

Dbzguy
07-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Im serious!

Only thing that sucks is more and more are using Laser these days. Sure you can jam em, but they will pull you over for that too. I guess if you could hide it really well and then at court time say WTF you talkin about?? Your shit is malfunctioning brah!

BravoZero
07-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Jesus, this thread is still alive?

[shakes head]

kissmeblind
07-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Jesus, this thread is still alive?

[shakes head]

Lol, it's only 9 days old :P Some people only check this forum like once a week like me ;) heheh