PDA

View Full Version : RA´s S-sport and launch. DONE

Livefast
07-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Problem solved...

No need for TCU swap from EvoX MR.
January Mitsubishi launched TCU software´s to MUT. Because of 2008 learning issue. Hope they did it too on US. Because here in Europe they did.
Just got call this morning from one person... Said that just bring your car here, and 2min and you have MR´s TCU program. He also have it in his Ralliart. Had been long time!

So, please call your local dealer or something. Maybe you can have it too.

What comes to SST problems. One is now solved!

TrailBrake
07-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Problem solved...

January Mitsubishi launched TCU software´s to MUT. Because of 2008 learning issue. Hope they did it too on US. Because here in Europe they did.
Just got call this morning from one person... Said that just bring your car here, and 2min and you have MR´s TCU program. He also have it in his Ralliart. Had been long time!

I don't know if this is related or the same update, but I was told as of a week ago of from my local dealer there is an an update that may resolve my transmission judder from a standing start. They are waiting for Mitsu to supply a unit than can perform the update. Why they didn't just ship them software I don't know.

Back to your posting, and perhaps a silly question, but how do you engage s-sport mode in a Ralliart that has a mode selection switch with only normal and sport positions?

Livefast
07-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Pressing it up again.Or keeping it there awhile. Dont remember how it works. Just like in EvoX Mr.

TrailBrake
07-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Ah, I didn't know if there was a separate mode switch position or not. Thanks for the clarification.

MTZL
07-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Hold toggle. Hold for 3sec if I recall correctly.

hmmm... interesting. I wonder if the sale person where I bought my RA can pull some strings.

zeRep85
07-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Problem solved...

We need facts. This is just a post without any links any proof and if it did come out in January why are we just hearing about it now?

zeRep

Don@SCMitsu
07-06-2012, 05:45 PM
I will find this out through our rep.

I'll let you guys know what I find out.

zeRep85
07-06-2012, 07:13 PM

This is what im talking about! :)

zeRep

Jackal
07-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I can hardly wait, this is going to transform our cars. Good or bad I wanna find out if this is possible.

p1llar
07-06-2012, 10:20 PM
This is sweet news. I just texted my buddy whom is a red seal mechanic for a local mitsu dealer, if this is available for Canadians he'll know.

OverCorrupt
07-07-2012, 12:22 AM
OMG! this feels almost too good to be true! but its about time if someone has finally done it. Only took almost 4 years?

When your buddy did it did he have to pull the TCU to reprogram it? or is it something that can be done thru the OBDII plug?

tencents
07-07-2012, 03:00 AM
I'm excited!!

Livefast
07-07-2012, 09:19 AM
OMG! this feels almost too good to be true! but its about time if someone has finally done it. Only took almost 4 years?

When your buddy did it did he have to pull the TCU to reprogram it? or is it something that can be done thru the OBDII plug?

Runned new TCU program. No need to take TCU off from car.

Dbzguy
07-07-2012, 10:08 AM
This would be awesome if true.... I'll wait to get stoked until I see someone over here be able to cruise to the dealer and get this done for real.

Livefast
07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Guy just uploaded vids to Youtube.
Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oamdpDCCq-g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7LK3mBnzCo

MTZL
07-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Here you go:

That is AWDsome, I wonder how long our SST will last after this upgrade & launching @ every complete stop.

Do I really need this upgrade? maybe not.. Do I want this upgrade? Hell Yeah for 1/4 mile track! :D

How much did this cost you? If it is just beer, I will fly my RA over to Europe, wherever you are. lol.

Scarab23
07-07-2012, 10:28 PM
wow this is cool. i don't want to jump the gun and get too excited but i really want to get this update. hope mitsu doesn't charge up the ass for it

Livefast
07-08-2012, 01:28 AM
That is AWDsome, I wonder how long our SST will last after this upgrade & launching @ every complete stop.

Do I really need this upgrade? maybe not.. Do I want this upgrade? Hell Yeah for 1/4 mile track! :D

How much did this cost you? If it is just beer, I will fly my RA over to Europe, wherever you are. lol.

This means A LOT more than a just S-sport and launch. This is HUGE step to SST world, and will get gurus to go forward with SST tuning.
How we can get you USDM guys have first flashes done, i dont know. But someone will figure out something soon. Of course, you can just bring your car to Finland, if you want it NOW. But no need for big shipping costs. Just wait a while. It´s worth it.

Guy did it by him self with MUTIII. So cost was zero.

What it will cost to other´s in US or here, i dont know. But i think not a thing to worry about.

Guy is also writing in one of my threads on evom. You can check here:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/619072-ra-s-s-sport-launch-done.html

MTZL
07-08-2012, 03:05 AM
This means A LOT more than a just S-sport and launch. This is HUGE step to SST world, and will get gurus to go forward with SST tuning.
How we can get you USDM guys have first flashes done, i dont know. But someone will figure out something soon. Of course, you can just bring your car to Finland, if you want it NOW. But no need for big shipping costs. Just wait a while. It´s worth it.

Guy did it by him self with MUTIII. So cost was zero.

What it will cost to other´s in US or here, i dont know. But i think not a thing to worry about.

Guy is also writing in one of my threads on evom. You can check here:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/619072-ra-s-s-sport-launch-done.html

Maybe I can find someone with MUT III tool, could be simple as toggle switch in the system or may need Evo X MR to copy & paste?

Thanks for the further info & pointing to the right direction.

Where do I get visa for my RA? lol.

Livefast
07-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Maybe I can find someone with MUT III tool, could be simple as toggle switch in the system or may need Evo X MR to copy & paste?

Thanks for the further info & pointing to the right direction.

Where do I get visa for my RA? lol.

You need new software cd´s. So Mitsu own where those Tcu software´s are.
Can you copy & paste with MUTIII, i don´t know.

zeRep85
07-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Here you go:

AH WHA!!! Launching at 5K?!!!

Also my 2010 display is color..his is all orange.

hmmm still very skeptical.. :cool:

razorlab
07-08-2012, 10:47 AM
AH WHA!!! Launching at 5K?!!!

Also my 2010 display is color..his is all orange.

hmmm still very skeptical.. :cool:

The Euro RA's didn't get the full color combo meter.

RALM
07-08-2012, 12:16 PM
i have an 09 an mine is orange

Dbzguy
07-08-2012, 01:13 PM
The Euro RA's didn't get the full color combo meter.

So they just get the old school display for all model years? Would be nice to know what year RA this is.

Livefast
07-08-2012, 01:35 PM
so they just get the old school display for all model years? Would be nice to know what year ra this is.

-----2010-----

mangnok
07-08-2012, 02:22 PM
i do believe you :) since first post

and really want it be ready in US lol

mangnok
07-08-2012, 02:23 PM

so what's going on Don ?? any update ???

zeRep85
07-08-2012, 03:55 PM
What i dont get is if its only software why cant we just upload to a pc and email it?

What is stopping the US from getting it? That one kid in the youtube video uploaded the software himself!

zeRep

mangnok
07-09-2012, 12:11 AM
MR owner would be mad of these things. Lol

RalliArtist
07-09-2012, 02:31 AM
OP where are you in Europe? Im in germany right now and im wondering if this can be done?

how does s-sport mode work?

BravoZero
07-09-2012, 06:20 AM
i have an 09 an mine is orange

2008 and 2009 have the monochromatic displays.....

mikeszutu
07-09-2012, 08:26 AM
I don't know if this is related or the same update, but I was told as of a week ago of from my local dealer there is an an update that may resolve my transmission judder from a standing start. They are waiting for Mitsu to supply a unit than can perform the update. Why they didn't just ship them software I don't know.

Back to your posting, and perhaps a silly question, but how do you engage s-sport mode in a Ralliart that has a mode selection switch with only normal and sport positions?

Any status on this? lol...
I am wondering if Markham Mitsubishi can get there hands on this.

TrailBrake
07-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Any status on this? lol...
I am wondering if Markham Mitsubishi can get there hands on this.

From what I was told recently, the 'unit' has not made it to Canada yet. I am waiting for a callback when it becomes available to do the flash. It will most likely be a TSB. Keep in mind this is specifically for the jerking issue I have from a standing start (which 3 dealers and two tranny fluid changes have not been able to resolve). The service manager did not mention launch control, so I can't say if this is the same 'upgrade' or not.

When I have more info, I will be sure to share it here :)

Livefast
07-09-2012, 11:35 AM
OP where are you in Europe? Im in germany right now and im wondering if this can be done?

how does s-sport mode work?

Finland.
Bring your car here. One quik ship comes straight to nearest city from us.

What you mean with this? Just like with EvoX Mr.

razorlab
07-09-2012, 02:12 PM

Select Sport by pushing up then release, then push up again and hold for 3 seconds. S-Sport powers activate.

mangnok
07-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm not even care if it will void warrantee lol I'm ready to do this ! Lol

TrailBrake
07-10-2012, 05:24 AM
I'm not even care if it will void warrantee lol I'm ready to do this ! Lol

I can't see this voiding the warranty if it is a Mitsubishi sponsored update.

crak
07-10-2012, 06:49 AM
curious. How do you even set it to 5k in SS mode? hold the brake and gas to the floor?

MTZL
07-10-2012, 06:55 AM
I can't see this voiding the warranty if it is a Mitsubishi sponsored update.

What you're talking about & what livefast is talking about is two different things.

If you get a TSB for SST update on your RA, you will most likely keep your warranty intact, it is not going to include S-Sport Mode or Launch control like you see in livefast vid.

If you have S-Sport mode & launch control on your TCU & you launch your RA & broke your SST, Dealer will most likely deny your warranty claim.

curious. How do you even set it to 5k in SS mode? hold the brake and gas to the floor?

Thats S-Sport Launch control it is set by TCU at 5k.
Yes hold brake & gas, I dont know about keep it to the floor.
I wouldnt hold it to the floor on take off. You have to keep traction.

TrailBrake
07-10-2012, 07:23 AM
What you're talking about & what livefast is talking about is two different things.

If you get a TSB for SST update on your RA, you will most likely keep your warranty intact, it is not going to include S-Sport Mode or Launch control like you see in livefast vid.

Agreed, these are most likely two different things.

Let's speak about the s-sport / launch mode update only. I looked back at the original posting in this thread to make sure I wasn't off base, and Livefast said this update come from Mitsu. Unless there is some other means or channel of getting this update from them and not going through a dealer, I see an issue here.

Why would the dealer offer something that has warranty implications? Maybe in other areas they would, but I seriously doubt the dealers in my area would touch it with a 10ft pole.

MTZL
07-10-2012, 08:34 AM
livefast got an update s/w for MR. This is not for RA.
Dealer is reluctant to give any RA owner MR TCU s/w.
Why you asked? They are trying to sell MR which is 10k more than RA.

If this get out of hand there could be intellectual property right issues.
As in breaking the law. shhh. This is why in US, dealer have to verify vin number.

If your SST ever have issue, while having MR TCU S/W on RA & you take it to the dealer for warranty,
the dealer find out you have mr tcu s/w it may not go well.
Depends on your relationship with the dealer. Most of the time it is about who you know. ;)

zeRep85
07-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Why would the dealer offer something that has warranty implications? Maybe in other areas they would, but I seriously doubt the dealers in my area would touch it with a 10ft pole.

This^

Why is it only that hoopla guy? Why havent any other youtube videos pop up?

zeRep

TrailBrake
07-10-2012, 08:54 AM
If your SST ever have issue, while having MR TCU S/W on RA & you take it to the dealer for warranty,
Depends on your relationship with the dealer. Most of the time it is about who you know. ;)

My point exactly. Dealers here are difficult enough to deal with, even the ones you try to get along with. Too much potential bother for me to consider something like this.

zeRep85
07-10-2012, 08:54 AM
livefast got an update s/w for MR. This is not for RA.
Dealer is reluctant to give any RA owner MR TCU s/w.
Why you asked? They are trying to sell MR which is 10k more than RA.

If this get out of hand there could be intellectual property right issues.
As in breaking the law. shhh. This is why in US, dealer have to verify vin number.

But they killing the Evo anyways?!?!?! Why not go out with a BIG RALLIART BANG!!!!

Im sure they will sell enough RA to make up for the loss of MR if they offer the RA with SSport and LC :)

TrailBrake
07-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Not to take this thread off on a tangent, but would the RA remain if the Evo gets the axe?

MTZL
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
But they killing the Evo anyways?!?!?! Why not go out with a BIG RALLIART BANG!!!!

Im sure they will sell enough RA to make up for the loss of MR if they offer the RA with SSport and LC :)

Ralliart performance depart did went out with a bang after they made our Ralliart with Evo 4b11t & AWD design from Evo IX. 1st Lancer (not evo) with AWD & Turbo & lighter than Evo X. Super expensive SST almost the same as MR (s/w update away and gear). They knew what they were doing, RA was a gift, going out with a bang. They could've easily left it FWD like previous generation OZ Ralliart. Some kind of CVT or other type of transmission. Instead they made it for people that really know what they're buying.

Some people see RA potential, some people see RA inadequacy.

They are not going to be able to sell more RA to make up for loss revenue on Evo X MR.
Business is not going to be able to sustain with high overhead that operate on cost plus or percentage.
Inventory is bad for most business. The longer you hold it, the more it cost you.

Im not a business man by any means but I learned some trick of the trade.

razorlab
07-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Thats S-Sport Launch control it is set by TCU at 5k.
Yes hold brake & gas, I dont know about keep it to the floor.
I wouldnt hold it to the floor on take off. You have to keep traction.

You have to stay WOT or you will bog like hell. It's AWD, a good little tire spin right at the beginning is actually better on the drive train than just grip and rip.

MTZL
07-10-2012, 09:57 AM
You have to stay WOT or you will bog like hell. It's AWD, a good little tire spin right at the beginning is actually better on the drive train than just grip and rip.

Thanks for the tip. :cool: Good to know. Since I dont have the update I dont have to worry about launching or bogging. lol.

Would love to be able to do it at controlled environment. :)

MTZL
07-10-2012, 10:49 AM
http://www.auobd2.com/mitsubishi-mut-3-diagnostic-tool.html

I wonder what the return policy is. lol.
So can anybody snail mail the s/w on disc?

zeRep85
07-10-2012, 11:10 AM

YEAH!!!

We can group buy that tool! I got $100 on it. And i trust mitzzle to hold it :)

zeRep

MTZL
07-10-2012, 12:13 PM
YEAH!!!

We can group buy that tool! I got $100 on it. And i trust mitzzle to hold it :)

zeRep

I can cover another 100$ but this kind of tools would be better at the hands of someone who has some idea what they're doing.

It will take me some time to learn. All I have determination. :D

S/W is another thing. It is not impossible to get the s/w...
or to make/build one.

Dbzguy
07-10-2012, 12:50 PM

So this is all you need + SW and youre good to go?

crak
07-10-2012, 12:52 PM
everyone is being to vague on all of this. we need some proof and facts.

MTZL
07-10-2012, 01:21 PM
More info on MUT III unit.
http://efichip.com/files/MUT-3/MUT-3_manual.pdf

little bit more info about reprogramming.
https://mitsubishitechinfo.com/epacarb/default.jsp

Im not a member...:(
https://mitsubishitechinfo.com/epacarb/

MTZL
07-10-2012, 01:37 PM
It would be great help if I had name or p/n of the s/w update.

LATEST
ROM−ID
or
Software P/N?

TrailBrake
07-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Interesting. I recall seeing a MUT III tool about a year ago with a touch display for about $2500.

MTZL
07-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Interesting. I recall seeing a MUT III tool about a year ago with a touch display for about $2500.

so you're willing to pay 1600 on touch display???

TrailBrake
07-12-2012, 04:21 AM
so you're willing to pay 1600 on touch display???

:confused: Did I say I was willing to pay that?! I was making an observation.

Any of these MUT III tools are grossly overpriced given the technology involved. That said, they have their uses.

crak
07-12-2012, 12:14 PM
I have access to one. So once I have the MUT-II then what?

zeRep85
07-12-2012, 12:41 PM

The "then what" is what everyone is on there toes for...the stupid software that no one seems to have any info on...

zeRep

MTZL
07-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Dont know if MUT II would do it. Its older version. Regardless, without s/w update it is still just another tool.

MTZL
07-12-2012, 04:13 PM
:confused: Did I say I was willing to pay that?! I was making an observation.

Any of these MUT III tools are grossly overpriced given the technology involved. That said, they have their uses.

Whoa easy tiger.. I was just asking, if you were willing to pay extra on touch screen when you can use your laptop with s/w & MUT-III.

if you can find MUT-III cheaper than 800$ lmk. :p

Now if we can only get the filename or p/n of EVO MR TCU S/W update, we'd be on our way.

TrailBrake
07-12-2012, 05:16 PM
No worries. :p

Don't know how legit this listing is, but it's below $800 US:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/565108732/professional_diagnostic_tool_scanner_mitsubishi_mu t.html

For those in Canada, you could rent one from Mitsubishi if you are willing to put down a rather large deposit! :eek:
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/media/pdf/Rental_Agreement_EN.pdf

user546545
07-19-2012, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsBSUC-hiDY

MTZL
07-19-2012, 11:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsBSUC-hiDY

thanks for the video but can we get more info? :confused:

MTZL
07-20-2012, 08:34 AM
I see the light at the end of the tunnel. :cool:

Rallicat
07-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Going in on saturday to find out if this works guys. Not sure if ChitownOZ (evom) has done it yet, but he was planning the drop aswell.

MTZL
07-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Im going to give the dealer a try. *gasp* not the dealer!!!?!?!
lol. maybe I can pay them instead of buying a MUT-III unit.

Maybe I can convince them I need the SST program update from an Evo MR.
My warranty is about to end. lol.

Worst case scenario, I can save up for MUT-III unit & test the water.
Hopefully MUT III come with the lastest update or link to latest s/w update.
Which in turn & hopefully, it will allow me to download evo mr tcu prgram update from Mitsu.

Missing key elements
-MUT III latest s/w update (idk the version yet)
-Evo mr tcu program update (will most likely need a ECU tune after unless you got evo x turbo upgrade with a tune)

Rallicat
07-20-2012, 08:38 PM
From what I understand its the same flash to the ecu after the dealership installs a new tranny.

crak
07-23-2012, 07:53 AM
still no conclusive results:( damn

OverCorrupt
07-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Check out over on EvoM. Chi-town and a couple others were trying to get this done themselves. One of them who knows the owner of mitsubishiparts.net said something about him might being able to do it. Although i would hate to drive all the way to the other side of the states to go get it... But i gladly would :p one of them love hate things haha.

crak
07-23-2012, 09:32 AM
I guess we will wait and see till they create a write up on how to get it done for the community.

crak
08-07-2012, 07:52 AM
yup, no development. seemed to good to be true.

TrailBrake
08-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Yup, it did :(

user546545
08-12-2012, 05:16 AM
....or too difficult.... :)

eyedreamt
08-20-2012, 07:06 PM
I've got files and instructions, if anyone has access to a MUT lemme know.

zeRep85
08-20-2012, 08:11 PM

Share files?

zeRep

TrailBrake
08-21-2012, 06:12 AM

For those interested in buying the tool, there are several on eBay right now for $1300 or less.

Do a search for "mitsubishi mut 3"

crak
08-21-2012, 08:43 PM

I have one! send me the fun!

MTZL
08-22-2012, 08:59 AM

Rite on! So we should get a group buy on MUTIII unit. :cool:
Once I get paid from the new job I can afford to buy one & ship it around for other RA owners. (Security deposit required just in case someone decide not to return it)

MTZL
08-22-2012, 09:00 AM
I have one! send me the fun!

Yeah that should get you guys in Canada going. :cool:

crak
08-22-2012, 09:08 AM
If I got the data and instructions I could get it done very very fast and let everyone know how it goes.

TrailBrake
08-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Please post the binaries and instructions so those with a MUT3 can give it a try.

eyedreamt
08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Please post the binaries and instructions so those with a MUT3 can give it a try.

I can't legally share the binaries, so those will not be posted online. However crak should have a PM from me with what he needs... lets all keep our fingers crossed.

zeRep85
08-23-2012, 12:29 PM
I can't legally share the binaries, so those will not be posted online. However crak should have a PM from me with what he needs... lets all keep our fingers crossed.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii309/dylanclifton/Fail.jpg

MTZL
08-23-2012, 01:22 PM
You can legally do it only if you are using it as an educational/learning tool/ process. As long as you're not profiting from it. ;)
Sharing isnt illegal but downloading is. Go figure... :rolleyes:

eyedreamt
08-23-2012, 11:49 PM
You can legally do it only if you are using it as an educational/learning tool/ process. As long as you're not profiting from it. ;)
Sharing isnt illegal but downloading is. Go figure... :rolleyes:

If you would like the info feel free to PM me... :)

AlphaKennyBody
08-24-2012, 01:14 AM
If you would like the info feel free to PM me... :)

I would llike this info so I can do some personal testing.

MTZL
08-24-2012, 08:26 AM
For those who have done this mod: What is the latest firmware version for MUTIII used for this mod?

eyedreamt
08-24-2012, 11:08 AM
For those who have done this mod: What is the latest firmware version for MUTIII used for this mod?

As far as I know, only the original poster of this has done it. I haven't been able to locate a MUT-III to try.

eyedreamt
08-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Anyone had any luck? Anyone else need the info?

crak
08-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Going to see if this works wednesday. I'll update everyone later.

EDIT: So apparently, my buddy at the dealership is not to sure of the process and his dealership uses a MUTII with Medic3 for diagnostic work. How sure are you that it has to be a MUT3? Did you bother to try other MUT tools?

crak
08-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Heres a more detailed process. Starts at page 89. http://efichip.com/files/MUT-3/MUT-3_manual.pdf

9-6. Reprogramming by CAN communication
(1) Press Special Function button on STV Top Menu.
(2) Press ECU reprogramming button.
(3) Press Automatic Reprogramming (CAN) button.
Note:
Other 5 buttons are for K-line system and not for CAN
system.
(4) Vehicle choice
-Selected Model year and Model Code of the vehicle are indicated.
-Select a system (ECU) and loading option, and press button.
-If you select other Model year and Model code, press button
and select model.
(5) Check
Check all equipment properly then press button.
Reprogramming by CAN communication
(6) Data search
Searching the target reprogramming data.
(7) Data check
-The appropriate reprogramming data is indicated.
-Press button to go to next.
(8) Reprogramming data check
-Check and press button.
-If you select other repro. data, press button to back.
(9) Reprogramming
Reprogramming on board ECU starts.
(10) Reprogramming completed
-Reprogramming is completed properly.
-Reprogrammed ECU Part No. and S/W Part No. are
indicated.
-Press button, and turn IG switch OFF.
< Unnecessary reprogramming >
・Appropriate reprogramming data
is not released.
・Onboard ECU Part No. and S/W
Part No. are indicated.
< Complete reprogramming >
・Onboard ECU has reprogrammed.
・Onboard ECU Part No. and S/W
Part No. are indicated.

eyedreamt
08-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Going to see if this works wednesday. I'll update everyone later.

EDIT: So apparently, my buddy at the dealership is not to sure of the process and his dealership uses a MUTII with Medic3 for diagnostic work. How sure are you that it has to be a MUT3? Did you bother to try other MUT tools?

All I know is what I was told, and that was "it only works with the latest update of MUT-III".

Beeble
08-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi guys
I'm an Evo X guy who plays with a fair few RAs so I'm just subscribing for info.
In Melbourne, Australia FWIW

have access to MUT3 , have software PRE12031-00, have all the .cff fles, have studied the almost impossible to comprehend pdfs, and I'm planning on trying this in the next week or so. the instructions in this thread align with what I've been told from numerous sources. i suspect they are all variations of the same thing :)
I'll report back on any success/failure. Going to try a 2009 car first up, as long as the guineapig doesn't chicken out!

does anyone know if there's a later version of software available?

crak
08-27-2012, 04:25 PM
you're light years ahead of the game. If your MUT works with your version then its probably good to go. On the evox fourms, some guys got so far as to hook up a MUT but could not find the .cff files. So, if you can get past that I think you are good to go. Richard mentioned that you were looking into all of this, good luck man! If all goes well, let us know! My mechanic buddy thinks this is a bad idea because it will wear down our cars faster. Then I asked him, "So, the MR's break down alot then because of this?" He replied with, "Yup" .... im sceptical..why would Mitsubishi make a car that breaks down with such options? meh

Beeble
08-27-2012, 04:35 PM
the cff files i have to manually dump onto the hard drive
I've used the MUT3 before, it all works fine. but only for diagnostic stuff, finding and clearing codes, resetting parameters etc.

the catch will be - to do this process you need the VCI plugged in to the laptop. you can't do a practise run as without the VCI it just bugs out at like step 2. so with VCI connected, VIN inputted.... hopefully i can load the cff file up. hopefully the MUT3 program can "see" it when i point to where it is. those files aren't part of the MUT3 software ; they came on an update which refuses to load up (i get "ecu database error" when i try and run the .exe).

fingers crossed.
it really is a long shot IMO

The MUT3 I'll be using is a China special :)
Failing that a local dealer is keen to help out aswell so we can try with a "real" one. but i don't know what version software they are running at the dealership. the tech there hadn't installed an update in ages.

crak
08-27-2012, 06:05 PM
the MUT3 has its own OS like medic?

also, which VIN do you put in? just your cars VIN?

Beeble
08-27-2012, 06:16 PM
runs on windows. older windows (XP) makes it happier. uses an old school IE interface.
I run W7 and use compatibility mode for IE and it seems to run ok, in terms of the program.
I haven't hooked the W7 laptop up to the VCI yet so not sure how happy the device drivers will be. But on the XP laptop it all works fine.

VIN - i think that's the actual VIN of the car you are flashing. as opposed to say the VIN of an Evo with SST.
you're basically telling the MUT3 that it's a Ralliart, and you want to update the SST firmware. once it connects, you just point the MUT3 at the cff file you want, and hopefully magic happens!

crak
08-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Update: So, good news. Went to check out the MUT2 my buddy has and guess what. the MUT2 or 3 doesnt matter. You need the medic 3 software which has MUT3 built in.

So, I got good news and bad news. The good news is, I think I can get it to work. The bad news is that when I tried to transfer over the .cff file, The OS was locked as the unit is strictly a interface that uses XP as a piggy back OS to run the MEDIC 3 software which has MUT3 built in.so, i cant access the OS to xfer over the .cff file to the SST folder on the computer. The shitty part is that the computer is so old it only had 1 USB port and it was used to connect to the car. So, I am going to burn the file to a cd (because the unit has a CD ROM drive) and we will connect the MEDIC 3 via the car have the disk in the drive and try the reprogramming.

Also, make sure that the removeable disk or cd has nothing else on it.

Notes: the MEDIC 3 version was 3.2 with update 142.

I am so excited, im getting so bloody close to finishing this and getting a detailed report for you folks.

Here is the weird thing I want to ask the community, if the MUT3 my friend had already had .cff files for other vehicles, why is the one we are supposed to upload different. Is it modified EVOX code for a ralliart?

tencents
08-31-2012, 03:06 AM
i'm excited.. good luck to u guys.. keep us updated please!

TrailBrake
08-31-2012, 09:18 AM
We collectively have our fingers crossed for you Crak :)

zeRep85
08-31-2012, 09:41 AM
We collectively have our fingers crossed for you Crak :)

Like +1

zeRep

crak
08-31-2012, 12:44 PM
I can go full force, but somewhere in the back on my mind mixing European TCU codes with a north american car can be bad. There are north american .cff files I just dont know which one is for the EVO x MR

Rich, do you know if this would even matter?

crak
09-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Well, it worked! Just no launch control:(

crak
09-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn5LYKNd518
Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzZXkreAE30

S-Sport engaged: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRG7Zud9YF4

razorlab
09-01-2012, 03:37 PM

Awesome, do want.

zeRep85
09-01-2012, 03:52 PM

giddity giddity!

Rolling video?

AlphaKennyBody
09-01-2012, 06:16 PM
SO far so good.... But launch control!!

tencents
09-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Awesome, hope u get around to find a way to get launch control as well, then u can do a write up for us :D

crak
09-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I can do a write up now:) video 1 and 2 show pretty much how to do it:) TO be honest I think it can work for all ralliarts across the planet. The lack of launch control is beyond me:/ Ill look into it more when i can. Ill post more later.

tencents
09-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Does the file u flash have to correspond to your market? I have 09 audm RA do I need specific for that?

richardh
09-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Brilliant, well done! That's magic.

As for Lunch Control (om nom nom)...

Bear in mind, if you're on an aftermarket Ralliart tune (eg. razorlab's Base Map), such a tune will never have had "proper SST launch control" tested. It's quite possible the ECU's SST table edits for an aftermarket tune knock launch control on the head.

We just don't know... coz we've never been in a position to test it.

Until now, lol.

I'd be cautious volunteering to be the RA Launch Test Pilot, though. It won't be all that easy on the vehicle, now, will it? ;)

If someone does want to test stuff, they should probably do so on stock tune... or at least stock-tune ECU SST tables. See if launch control works then. If it does, it'll simply be a matter of progressively adding in the "aftermarket" ECU SST Table sets and re-testing LC... until they find the edits that cause it to Not Work.

Simply thinking it though...

Cheers,

Rich

crak
09-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Ahh, so maybe thats why. I was reading other fourms and they said you had to hold the brake hard and go past 2.5k rpm to get the clutch to disengage.

Well, I held down the brake hard, went to 3k and I got the "slow down" warning.

Rich, I think you are on to something:)

Well, If european codes worked on USDM I am sure AUSD will work as well.

sstevojr
09-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Bear in mind, if you're on an aftermarket Ralliart tune (eg. razorlab's Base Map), such a tune will never have had "proper SST launch control" tested. It's quite possible the ECU's SST table edits for an aftermarket tune knock launch control on the head.

Very reasonable, especially in light of the CPRU/Torque changes. Maybe we would need to re-allow the TCU to slip. More tables.
I really just want the added pressure of S-Sport, personally I wouldn't even use Launch Control.

zeRep85
09-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Very reasonable, especially in light of the CPRU/Torque changes. Maybe we would need to re-allow the TCU to slip. More tables.
I really just want the added pressure of S-Sport, personally I wouldn't even use Launch Control.

I wouldn't either.

At 58K miles, i have yet to attempt launching my car :)

zeRep

sstevojr
09-02-2012, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't either.

At 58K miles, i have yet to attempt launching my car :)

zeRep

That makes two of us :D

richardh
09-02-2012, 04:04 PM
If livefast.eu has LC after doing this on his 2010 EDM RA, we're looking at one of:

- USDM ROM has no LC code in the ROM, but EDM does (highly unlikely).
- A hitherto-unknown "ECU Options Set" bit enables/disables LC. 2009 USDM RA ROM has it disabled, but 2010 EDM RA has it enabled.
- The aftermarket tuned SST tables disable it somehow (unlikely, as it doesn't even free-rev in advance of trying to launch).

So... ECU Options Set bits will be my next port of call. ;)

Rich

Beeble
09-02-2012, 07:39 PM
done it
2010 aussie RA
LC works :)

richardh
09-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Cool.

Yep, 2010 Aussie RA ROM = 2010 Euro RA ROM. That's the version livefast.eu is running, and he said he has LC.

First port of call... the ECU Options bits. There is one "ECU Options Set" bit that is 1 in ADM/EDM but 0 in USDM. If that same bit is also a 1 on Evo X MR, I'll be greatly encouraged.

Tonight, I'll trace that through the ROM and see if I can identify the meaning/effect of that bit setting.

Rich

PS. Which ROM version? ie. 53610010, 53610013?

Beeble
09-02-2012, 08:06 PM
rom is 13 Rich

tencents
09-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Good work man!

richardh
09-03-2012, 04:53 AM
No luck with the ECU Options Set bits being related to LC.

There's nothing that stands out if I compare Evo X ROMs, USDM RA, ADM/EDM RA. Can't find any point in the code to start with, either.

For now, it's just one of life's mysteries!

Rich

crak
09-03-2012, 08:10 AM
So i have 2010 code in a 2009. Maybe thats why no lc

Livefast
09-03-2012, 10:29 AM
If livefast.eu has LC after doing this on his 2010 EDM RA, we're looking at one of:

- USDM ROM has no LC code in the ROM, but EDM does (highly unlikely).
- A hitherto-unknown "ECU Options Set" bit enables/disables LC. 2009 USDM RA ROM has it disabled, but 2010 EDM RA has it enabled.
- The aftermarket tuned SST tables disable it somehow (unlikely, as it doesn't even free-rev in advance of trying to launch).

So... ECU Options Set bits will be my next port of call. ;)

Rich

I dont have it. Im building my motor and car now. It will be rolling next spring with TCU program

Livefast
09-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Great to hear that you guys are getting forward with this! :)

Let´s start enjoy RA´s now :)

crak
09-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Great to hear that you guys are getting forward with this! :)

Let´s start enjoy RA´s now :)

LiveFast, you dont have LC but you have S-sport mode?

sstevojr
09-07-2012, 10:31 AM
He doesn't have a working car (blew his motor this past spring).
livefast made the thread about a different RA in Finland.
He is trying to switch to a 5 speed IIRC

Glassman
09-24-2012, 02:12 PM
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n604/theNEWB311/2012-09-24_16-14-57_206.jpg?t=1348519388

Boom! Don't mind my crappy mps;) launch control works'09

Livefast
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
He doesn't have a working car (blew his motor this past spring).
livefast made the thread about a different RA in Finland.
He is trying to switch to a 5 speed IIRC

After SST world going forward, i had skip 5 speed conversion totally.
Will keep this car for street and track use.
Will build different car totally for Timeattack use.

Drew
09-24-2012, 05:50 PM
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n604/theNEWB311/2012-09-24_16-14-57_206.jpg?t=1348519388

Boom! Don't mind my crappy mps;) launch control works'09

Where did you get it done, and how much? I talked to Renn Kirby today, and they were like HELL NO.