PDA

View Full Version : Trans hanging up in gear

DEEZ8
07-11-2012, 07:03 PM
I have noticed that when I am doing a WOT pull in auto mode then let off the gas it seem like it takes a while to up shift by it self. I have not driven another car with the twin clutch trans. I have just under 6k miles and I am bone stock. Is that normal.?? Thanks.

GAbOS
07-11-2012, 08:00 PM
In normal or sport?

Either way, when you get that high in the RPM, the car think you are 'driving hard' and will hold a gear.

TIP: Never use auto. :)

MTZL
07-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Thats because you're at WOT & you let off the gas during/close to gear change.
Yes, it is normal.

When you shift manually, you eliminate those quirks. You control the gears & rpm.

DEEZ8
07-12-2012, 06:52 AM
TIP: Never use auto. :)

It is in normal. Is it bad to always drive in auto? I always do. I have read that it is better for the trans to be in manual but I am not sure why.

Dbzguy
07-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Mine does this all the time. Usually in a quick sprint from a stop then let off and it revs high for a bit before upshifting. I was driving in auto for a bit but kept forgetting it was in auto and would be all why the hell isnt it shifting??... oh right lol

DEEZ8
07-12-2012, 03:32 PM
ok well I a am glad that is a normal thing then.

GAbOS
07-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Manual is nice. If you WOT and then just want to retain teh speed, it's easy to throw it up a gear once to take the load of. Another use is when you are cornering. Take it up and let off staying in gear. Get the engine braking and stay in power range. Also, the nice rap rap rap pop! sound is nice if you have decent exhaust on fast off throttle while staying in gear. :)

BravoZero
07-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Another tip, if you're going to do some launching or spirited driving, ALWAYS have it in Sport mode. Normal creates more slip than Sport, thus adding more wear due to heat.