PDA

View Full Version : Starting to doubt my decision

dmitchell
10-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Hi there, I'm a new member here. I've had the Ralliart on my radar for quite some time now and after test-driving one a week and half ago (and loving the car!), I decided to buy it.

This was on a Friday that we closed the deal. With necessary financing in place, I was assured the car would be ready the following Tuesday. Well, I got a call from the dealer Tuesday afternoon that there was a problem with the car (the AWC center diff pump was not passing the PDI), and a new part would have to be ordered from Mitsu. This is a car that is on the lot - it has 700 km on it.

No problem, I said. I realize that this is not a perfect world, and sometimes things just break. So the dealer said that it would be ready Thursday at the latest. I waited all day Thursday for a call from the dealer. Finally I called, and after spending sometime trying to find someone who would actually answer their phone, I found out that the part had not come in and they had no idea when the car would be ready.

I was very tempted at that point to call the whole thing off, but I was assured by the sales manager that it would be ready this week. Well, I got a call today that the car will be ready tomorrow.

The whole experience with the dealer (this is a fairly abbreviated version of the problems with the dealer I've had - one particular employee, to be more specific) has left a bad taste in my mouth. It's actually making me question the wisdom of purchasing this car.

My concerns are:

1) A practically brand new car with 700 km on it with a failing part already - lemon?

2) The exceptionally bad customer service I've received from this dealership. Is this what to expect in the future when it comes to warranty issues?

Any thoughts or input would be much appreciated.

MTZL
10-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Go to another dealer unless if that is the only dealer in your area. Yes, call it off. You are not gonna be happy with the car knowing it was not the way it supposed to be or Get a different RA one without a problem.

Ladogaboy
10-06-2009, 09:57 AM
If you like the car, then I would still suggest getting it... HOWEVER, as MTZL has said, if you have options for other dealers in your area, check out those options! Mitsu seems to have either really good or really bad dealers. Unfortunately, from the sounds of it, the latter are more prevalent. :(

Also, you could use this as an opportunity to shop around for a better deal. ;)

RalliUp
10-06-2009, 12:50 PM
I would ask them to find me another car from one of the near by dealerships, and get them to throw in a free upgrade to something you want for the issue. If they decline call it off. I love the car but you have to happy with what you get!

dmitchell
10-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Thanks for your input guys. In the end I decided to get the car. I voiced my concerns to the dealership, and ended up getting an extra discount off the car (on top of what I had already negotiated). It took away some of the bad taste from the experience, and I feel I actually ended up getting a good deal.

Picked up the car last night. It's awesome!

MTZL
10-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Welcome to the Club! CongratS! :D

MTZL
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks for your input guys. In the end I decided to get the car. I voiced my concerns to the dealership, and ended up getting an extra discount off the car (on top of what I had already negotiated).

Just out of curiosity what was your OTD price?

It took away some of the bad taste from the experience, and I feel I actually ended up getting a good deal.

Picked up the car last night. It's awesome!

Yeah RA shouldnt taste bad its like BBQ as long as you seasoned it right and slow cook it. So you can eat it fast. Man Im hungry.

Did you lick the car? :D

dmitchell
10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I did.... it was tasty!

MTZL
10-08-2009, 04:39 PM
i'D LICKED MY CAR TOO but she is too dusty right now from freeway driving. I bet she Taste like Warm Apple Pie. LOL mwahhahahhaa:D:D

MTZL
10-08-2009, 04:42 PM
got any pics?

dmitchell
10-09-2009, 08:05 AM
To answer your question MTZL, I paid 36000 for mine. Keep in mind that I'm in Canada and pricing is much different here. I got mine fully loaded with the Premium Package with the Recaros, Nav, sunroof, etc, etc.

Pics coming soon!

MTZL
10-09-2009, 09:25 AM
To answer your question MTZL, I paid 36000 for mine. Keep in mind that I'm in Canada and pricing is much different here. I got mine fully loaded with the Premium Package with the Recaros, Nav, sunroof, etc, etc.

Pics coming soon!

Yes Pics please,:D

I asked about the sun roof for mine when I had bought it, they told me some BS about there is no sun roof option on the RA.:mad:

I got Nav but no Recaros and HID. Now i wished I would of opt for it.
I got to have Sun Roof and HID. :o

Congrat! Yeah Canada is always higher.:(

How do you like your RA?

dmitchell
10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Oh man, I love it! I've only had it since Tuesday and haven't had a chance to really drive it yet (plus it's been raining every day here too). It feels like a very solid, well built car that just wants to go fast. I've noticed a few people checking out the car as I drive past too.

I'm glad I bought it.