PDA

View Full Version : HKS or UR exhaust ???

xXLOUROXx
10-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi im going to buy a new exhaust i am stuck between the HKS exhaust and the Ultimate Racing exhaust.... Im more leaning to the HKS one what is you guys opinion

MTZL
10-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Any links to the products?

xXLOUROXx
10-07-2009, 11:50 AM
http://www.ultimate-racing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=141

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/427939-hks-exhaust-released-2009-ralliart.html

TheBlackBeast
10-07-2009, 11:59 AM
I'd tend to lean towards HKS with only those 2 options given. I haven't heard of Ultimate racing as of yet. The Magnaflow exhaust RRE bolted on is working just fine for me & at about $250 installed is three times less expensive than the HKS. If I'm gonna drop an HKS product on my car its cause I want to show off a shiny underside product - that's just not the route I'm going with this car.

xXLOUROXx
10-07-2009, 12:02 PM
i didnt even know magma flow made an exhaust for us.... is it just the muf or axle back or cat back

xXLOUROXx
10-07-2009, 12:13 PM
yeah i just called magnaflow and they told me they dont have the application on the RA jst the x idk if the piping will still fit man thats my only concern

TheBlackBeast
10-07-2009, 12:42 PM
i didnt even know magma flow made an exhaust for us.... is it just the muf or axle back or cat back

yeah i just called magnaflow and they told me they dont have the application on the RA jst the x idk if the piping will still fit man thats my only concern
RRE only did axle back.

Why don't you get the Magnaflow exhaust and do some test fitting for us to see if the pipe from the exhaust to the Cat will fit? :D

I do know the exhaust bolted right on without having to mod anything underneath though if youo are looking for just an axle back...

Ladogaboy
10-07-2009, 01:49 PM
The Magnaflow is a custom exhaust for the Ralliart, so if you want to go with Magnaflow (which will be far cheaper), you'll probably need a local shop to customize it.

RRE might be wiling make and test fit one on a RA and ship it to you, but you'd have to talk to them about that. It might be cheaper to have a local exhaust shop customize one for you.

Personally, I would go with a custom system like BlackBeast's over either of those two options. As far as I know, the UR is louder than the HKS. It also probably is lighter and flows better, but I can't confirm that. On the other hand, HKS's quality is probably higher, they have a much better pedigree, and from what I've heard, they sound better (purely a personal opinion).

xXLOUROXx
10-08-2009, 09:08 AM
so i should go to a local exhaust shop and see if they could make me the 3" tubing from the muffeler back ?

xXLOUROXx
10-08-2009, 09:24 AM
and just get the muffler from magna flow... please help links or part numbers =]

MTZL
10-08-2009, 09:24 AM
UR is

$750 for 09+ Ralliart Dual Exit Catback 56 lbs

$150 for Evo X / 09+ Ralliart Test Pipe 10 lbs

$150 for Evo X / 09+ Ralliart 3" Short Downpipe 5 lbs

$300 for Evo X / 09+ Ralliart High-Flow Cat (Metal Substrate) 12 lbs

$230 for Evo X / 09+ Ralliart Resonated Test Pipe 12 lbs

$1,580 for just parts 95 lbs total!

I dont know how much stock parts weight & I dont think their/UR description is accurate.

MTZL
10-08-2009, 09:39 AM
HKS is

$660 for 2009+ Mitsubishi Lancer (Ralliart) HKS Legamax Axle-back Exhaust

$256 for 2009+ Mitsubishi Lancer (Ralliart) HKS Exhaust Center-Pipe

$239 for 2009+ Mitsubishi Lancer (Ralliart) HKS Downpipe

$1,155 total no description on weight but I dont think its street legal at least not in California

MTZL
10-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Is your car a street car or a track car?

I would check your state law against modification.

Here in California Modified exhaust are just a sign for cops to pull us over, searched, & fix it tickets and referee.

But for street go with UR
for track go with HKS

xXLOUROXx
10-08-2009, 12:01 PM
hmmm good break down well i don really have to worry much about the cops around here but im looking into the magnaflow set up that people are telling me i got a meeting today with tristate evo afew of them have the hks set up ima go check it out talk to them about it

Ladogaboy
10-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Removal/replacement of the cat is illegal and not just a California thing. The UR high-flow cat would violate the same laws as the HKS center pipe without a cat. Either one is going to allow more pollution into the atmosphere, but the guy who puts on the high-flow cat just has a cleaner conscience. :p

The difference between smog laws is really just based on how they are enforced. In the metropolitan areas of CA, they are enforced vigorously. In the rural areas, not so much. From the sounds of it, that is true in other states as well.

The axle-back portion of the HKS is supposed to weigh about 35 lbs., which is about a 10 lbs. weight savings over stock. From what I saw of the UR, I would have thought it would weigh less than the HKS, but I could be wrong.

MTZL
10-08-2009, 12:43 PM
If you are not worry about the law. Go with HKS center pipe over UR High-flow cat will still restrict.

Keep us posted,
picts for the club on your find would be appreciated.

xXLOUROXx
10-09-2009, 09:19 AM
yeh deff i just got to figure out how i want to do this lol

MTZL
10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
For more info on UR from club member 07outty

http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=133

MTZL
10-09-2009, 12:04 PM
FYI

http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=262

Magnus82
10-21-2009, 06:28 AM
I have the HKS legamax w/ center pipe. I like it. It's definitely much more expensive than UR if you go the full HKS exhaust route. I'm estimating 2k+ for the full setup, I still need the hi flow cat and downpipe from HKS. YIKES!

Ladogaboy
10-21-2009, 10:56 AM
HKS's high-flow cat is awesome! I'm not sure I'd want to pay for it, but the environmentalist in me says in might be a good idea. Plus, when I eventually have to get a smog check, I hope to be able to pass the actual emissions test. Might have to do some messing around to pass the visual check though. :p

Magnus82
10-21-2009, 01:22 PM
HKS's high-flow cat is awesome! I'm not sure I'd want to pay for it, but the environmentalist in me says in might be a good idea. Plus, when I eventually have to get a smog check, I hope to be able to pass the actual emissions test. Might have to do some messing around to pass the visual check though. :p

yeah... 1200 bucks awesome! :eek:

Jackal
06-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Well I have heard both complete systems on 09 Ralliarts and seen how they look and what you need to put them on. I have since ordered and had the Ultimate Racing complete Turboback installed on my 09 a month ago and I love it. Complete bolt on all the sensor bungs line up, Have never had any check engine lights come on ever. Was able to add an extra bung for a future Wide band sensor for only $20.00> I opted to keep my car legal by going with the ceramic high flow Cat as I don't see myself pushing more than 450 Horsepower any time soon. I did add the resonator on just to tone it down a tad. It looks,sounds and performs great. No one will ever confuse your car as one having a stock exhaust. My fuel economy has increased I am assuming due to better Scavenging and I have since added a drop in K&N filter.

The old exhuast weighed at least 80 plus pounds and my new exhuast complete might weigh 35 lbs. It uses all stock hangers it cut aprox 45 pounds off the weight of the car and the tail pipes mufflers and resonator look like they are chrome plated or something. LOL !

My car is a daily driver and I have 3 teenagers who regularly pile into the back seat when I take the family out to dinner, the movies or whatever. But don't kid your self when I am out on Cruise night and coming off a light in sport mode against some young punk they can hear how serious my car is. It Roars! But when I see the cops coming I throw it back into normal and let of the gas as they pass by none the wiser.

SnipeRA
08-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Well I have heard both complete systems on 09 Ralliarts and seen how they look and what you need to put them on. I have since ordered and had the Ultimate Racing complete Turboback installed on my 09 a month ago and I love it. Complete bolt on all the sensor bungs line up, Have never had any check engine lights come on ever. Was able to add an extra bung for a future Wide band sensor for only $20.00> I opted to keep my car legal by going with the ceramic high flow Cat as I don't see myself pushing more than 450 Horsepower any time soon. I did add the resonator on just to tone it down a tad. It looks,sounds and performs great. No one will ever confuse your car as one having a stock exhaust. My fuel economy has increased I am assuming due to better Scavenging and I have since added a drop in K&N filter.

The old exhuast weighed at least 80 plus pounds and my new exhuast complete might weigh 35 lbs. It uses all stock hangers it cut aprox 45 pounds off the weight of the car and the tail pipes mufflers and resonator look like they are chrome plated or something. LOL !

My car is a daily driver and I have 3 teenagers who regularly pile into the back seat when I take the family out to dinner, the movies or whatever. But don't kid your self when I am out on Cruise night and coming off a light in sport mode against some young punk they can hear how serious my car is. It Roars! But when I see the cops coming I throw it back into normal and let of the gas as they pass by none the wiser.

I am very interested in getting this exahaust. how much did it run you? did you install your self?

GAbOS
08-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Anyone got a part number on the magnaflow muffler? I have a local guy that can do the custom piping.

Thanks