PDA

View Full Version : Single din/Double din - Technically challenged !

Brian L
08-06-2012, 09:22 AM
:D
My 2011 Sportback GS has the radio unit in the dash.
If I want to have the look of the GSR (all UK terms) then this has the ICE screen, the Mitsubishi one. I believe that this is termed a double din unit and the screen is fixed in place within a surround and has the usual multi functions.
The single din is best described as a pop - out screen that then tilts upright ? This can be adjusted for angle very slightly and when not in use pops back into the housing out of sight. An aftermarket accessory.
Am I correct in this assumption ? Remember, not techie minded.
If I want to fit one or the other to the GS then is there any advantage in one over the other ? The gps element is the most important part here.
Hope this makes sense.
Any comments appreciated.
Thanks
Brian.:)

bunnishiwa
08-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Really depends on preference re the single or double din head units. Either way you will have to buy a facia (Scosche or Metra seem to be the most popular in Oz - OEM one for the Mits MMCS is not quite double din size) so my personal preference would be the double.

Look around a few audio places n get them to demo stuff in your price range. Popular units are Alpine and Pioneer but most people have their own preferences

:D