PDA

View Full Version : GT-Spec Ladder Bar and Front Sway Bar

RALM
08-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Does anyone have the Gt-Spec Ladder Bar/brace and if so do you feel and increase in handling? And has anyone changed their front sway bar if so is it hard to reach I looked at if from the top of the motor and it looks hard to get to plus the bolts are on top instead of being bolted from the bottom?

Markspd6
08-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Ihave this piece, uninstalled..

Because of its subframed design., On my ms6 the gt spec under brace is one of the best suspension mods you can buy for That car.. But, on the RA/EVO the design is only 4 point and doesn't appear to have any chance of being that effective. It looks like it needs a few more mounting pints to gain enough rigidity, but like I said its uninstalled.. :confused:

Front sway bars are usually a tough install.. That's why guys get the adjustable endlinks.. They're quite effective.

initial_d2k
08-27-2012, 01:05 PM
I have the Cusco lower arm brace installed 2 weeks ago. it has 7 mounting points and the car feels much more stable in mid corner.
Almost the same price as the GT Spec and comes with japanese instruction on how to modify your underpanel to make it fit..

It definitely made the car handle better.

Markspd6
08-27-2012, 03:11 PM
yeah, on an impulse i got the GT spec version. and i believe its 4 point? not sure what results to expect.. but, im sure ill get around to trying it eventually..

RALM
08-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Ihave this piece, uninstalled..

Because of its subframed design., On my ms6 the gt spec under brace is one of the best suspension mods you can buy for That car.. But, on the RA/EVO the design is only 4 point and doesn't appear to have any chance of being that effective. It looks like it needs a few more mounting pints to gain enough rigidity, but like I said its uninstalled.. :confused:

Front sway bars are usually a tough install.. That's why guys get the adjustable endlinks.. They're quite effective.

ok thanks, an i noticed that most RA guys talk about the rear sway bar not the front, and you have the ladder bar does it look like it will at least fit well.

RALM
08-27-2012, 05:32 PM
I have the Cusco lower arm brace installed 2 weeks ago. it has 7 mounting points and the car feels much more stable in mid corner.
Almost the same price as the GT Spec and comes with japanese instruction on how to modify your underpanel to make it fit..

hey what web site did you order the 7 point brace from and was the instale difficult?

RALM
08-28-2012, 02:03 PM

is this the brace your talking about, this one has 5 mounting points I did not see one with 7?
http://www.lancershop.com/customer/product.php?productid=1801&cat=157&page=1

initial_d2k
09-02-2012, 09:48 PM
You can see the comparison here
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Cusco-Front-Lower-Arm-Bar-Type-II-Mitsubishi-EVO-X-2008-2011

vs.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/GTSpec-4-Point-Ladder-Brace-Mitsubishi-EVO-X-2008-2011-Ralliart-2009-2011

I got it from Vividracing when it was on sale.

RALM
09-04-2012, 10:27 AM
thanks alot, was it hard to install and how long did it take to install?

initial_d2k
09-08-2012, 12:23 PM
I did the install at a local garage. he charged me 20$ didnt look that hard, but I definitely dont have tools to do all that.

Markspd6
09-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Pretty sure that's an updated cusco desig? cuz they just had one for sale at MOD at their booth and I'm pretty sure it was a 5 point..? But, I wasn't really looking that hard, so not entirely sure..

RALM
09-09-2012, 11:52 AM
I did the install at a local garage. he charged me 20$ didnt look that hard, but I definitely dont have tools to do all that.

ok and thanks