PDA

View Full Version : new here from northern manitoba!

dmo2010
08-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Hey everyone im new on this forum i have a 2010 ralliart tarmac black still stock for warranty reasons, im posting on here because i was driving on the highway when i noticed a whine once i got into town i noticed my transfercase had a major leak i called waverly mitsubishi in winnipeg and they had it towed 800km to there dealership from thompson manitoba i was wondering if anyone here has dealt with the dealerships here in manitoba and if they are good with warranty claims im kind of worried because i have done most maintenance on the vehicle including changing tansfercase fluid myself, will doing my own fluid changes void manufacturs warranty ?

dmo2010
08-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Ps. Its so dirty cause i just got off the highway from a long trip and it had been raining and i didnt want to drive and cause more damage :-(

RalliNurse
08-29-2012, 12:01 AM
I haven't seen any transfer case leak case...but it's suggested to have dealer worry about changing it if u r worry about ur warrenty...tranny housing do leak and I let dealer here warrentied it for me..

Since u changed it urself...u better have allllllll paperworks on hand...

dmo2010
08-29-2012, 12:06 AM
I would have the dealer change the fluids in my car but the closest one is 760 km from where i live so its not really a option i have kept all receipts for all oil changes and T/C fluid, tranny fluid ect.. the transfer case is leaking from the seal one the passenher side where the cv shaft goes in

crak
08-29-2012, 07:11 AM
depends on the mechanic you get. some are good, some are shit. If you go to regent some guys named Ilja and Scott are good. ask to use them as your mechanics.

dmo2010
08-29-2012, 03:54 PM
So i got a call back from the dealership they say they fixed everything and said they recommend transfercase rear diff and transmission fluid changed cause its black even though all were done 10000 km ago they said i need my brake fluid and fuel injectors flushed and coolqnt changed ! I think the stealership is tryin to flush my wallet nevermind !

p1llar
08-29-2012, 05:34 PM
My buddy is a red seal mechanic @ waverly, he knows his shit. Welcome.

dmo2010
08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Tell your buddy to cut me a deal on labour charges for the fluid changes :-P jk ha yea they seem pretty good they got my claim done fast no hastle

dmo2010
09-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Got the car back everything fixed no problem and fast waverley was great

Insane11RA
09-12-2012, 01:50 PM
You got lucky there, since it's at the dealer already have them do all the fluids - thank all your lucky stars it wasn't your tranny or motor.

dmo2010
09-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Haha why do you say that?

Amigero
09-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey everyone im new on this forum i have a 2010 ralliart tarmac black still stock for warranty reasons, im posting on here because i was driving on the highway when i noticed a whine once i got into town i noticed my transfercase had a major leak i called waverly mitsubishi in winnipeg and they had it towed 800km to there dealership from thompson manitoba i was wondering if anyone here has dealt with the dealerships here in manitoba and if they are good with warranty claims im kind of worried because i have done most maintenance on the vehicle including changing tansfercase fluid myself, will doing my own fluid changes void manufacturs warranty ?

as long as you used the manufacture specified fluids.

Jese
01-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Hey im also from manitoba i myself live in winnipeg, i was planning on going to the same dealership on waverly as you did cause im having the same problem on my 2009 lancer ralliart seems like the hose clam is not tight enough or something and also have a gasket leak it seems like its on the tranny, i was just wondering how well they covered your warrenty. Cause im kinda scared of this and i cant afford a new tranny lol

Thanks if you answer