PDA

View Full Version : Springs for the RA in the EU

Angel
09-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi guys!

I'm a Ralliart owner in Denmark, and I have been having a bit of an issue getting springs for my ralliart.

A vendor here in Denmark have been trying to sell me some H&R springs but I have talked to H&R hq in Germany and they tell me that they don't produce that for the ralliart. Which have made me think abit if there is some compatibility between the different Lancers. as far as I understand I have only 2 choices here in EU, I can got for the H&R springs or the Tein springs. There is not many Ralliart owners here in Denmark since there is only a handful of this cars and we have not Evo X's here.

I have been trying to find a thread that was posted a while ago about which springs I can find for the ralliart. I lost the link a while ago.

Thanks in advance : )

Angel
09-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Hi again,

since no reply, can anyone tell me if they have had any experiences with BC racing Coilovers and how they are.

thanks in advance.

__ Edit __

I have to open my eyes once in a while. I found a thread about the BC coilovers. nvm...

RALM
09-04-2012, 10:33 AM
I dont personally have any coil overs for my RA but im sure that a set of tein, ebach ect lowering spring will work well as long as they are for your year RA. If you plan on dong some serious drag racing or cornering you may want to step up to coil overs. But a lowering spring with a stiffer rate increase performance provide a better stance.:)

zeRep85
09-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Hello and welcome.

I currently have Eibach Pro-Kits and i have no complains. They drop the car about 1.25", once settled.

My understanding is..if your springs drop you more than <1.5" you can POSSIBLY run into issues with the shocks and other components.

If you go coilovers, which are way more expensive, you wont run into these problems because the coilovers replace these components.

Ultimately it all depends on your goal. I don't track my car so springs was the choice for me at that time.

zeRep

Markspd6
09-06-2012, 05:35 PM
you can use anything thats fits the regular lancer, just make sure you check spring rates..

im running pro kits and theyre pretty avg. im moving up to KWs soon..

Insane11RA
09-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Swift springs, and the vendors here and EvoM can ship to Denmark.
Oh and we need pics ASAP.

Angel
09-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi and thanks again!

I will be saving for some coilovers. I have been thinking to start using my car to trackdays but the track days are over for this year, so I can wait til next and save some money.
Until now I have been using my Mazda 2 for trackdays which is a really nimble car but, I miss the power. : )

Thanks for the help!

BravoZero
09-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I have BC's on my Ralliart, with custom Swift coilover springs. They've been great so far.