PDA

View Full Version : transmission fluid flush

Rfiluta
09-05-2012, 04:09 PM
hey everyone just a quick question for people on here, i live in upstate ny, just outside of albany and am looking to get mt 30,000 mile maintenance done and most inportantly transmission fluid flush and filter change. now ive called about 4 mitsubishi dealerships and 3 smaller garages abour pricing and and only one places has ever even done a fluid change on the tc-sst transmission, is that normal? also the question is the one place that actually has worked on them said it would be around $400 for flush and change including filter place called mangino mitsubishi, other mitsu dealers said about 545 and small garages said 215 with dwe oil should i go with the dealer or the small shop, dont want any tranny issues down the line ti save a few bucks now. what do you think? also if anyone else is from the "upstate" area where are you going for servicing

RALM
09-05-2012, 08:47 PM
When I got my tranny fluid changed it was around 400 bucks thats the normal price at the dealerships. 200 some odd bucks is a little shikesty because the fluid is pretty expensive and the time it takes to get to the plugs (fill and drain) and removing shrouding takes forever. If you want it done right the first time with confidence go to the dealer if you want to take a chance with the tranny go to the shop that will charge half.

crak
09-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Do it yourself for much cheaper:) If you want more details, ill tell you at work tomorrow. let me know!

TrailBrake
09-06-2012, 04:12 AM
If you do end up changing the fluid yourself, be sure to drain the tranny cooler. It is also a good idea to change the SST filter as well.

Rfiluta
09-06-2012, 08:00 AM
yeah that was actually the reason i was planning on bringing it somewhere because thats all included in the 400. i am somewhat mechanical but not to the extent.where im goojn to risk a tranny thats as expensive as ours

crak
09-06-2012, 08:54 AM
if you can change motor oil you can change transmission oil

zeRep85
09-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Does the $400 include the thorough flush? Where they flush it twice.

A few stealerships here wanted to charge me upwards of $700! for a thorough flush

I ended up using FFL2 (cheaper than that OEM Diaqueen stuff), buying an OEM filter and didnt have the stealership do the flush. Also paid for a 45k service (same as 15k service) at the same time. I think i paid around $500 buckaroos!

zeRep

Rfiluta
09-06-2012, 09:28 AM
yeah the 400 was for complete flush and everything, the guy was actually pretty cool. he was giving me advice on how to by pass certain codes and emissions issues to pass nys inspection said it would work great as long as i didnt get it inspected there lol. one of the few cool dealership service managers ive met so far. also fixed my P0420 code that was cause by my hi-flow cat, fixed the honeycomb inside didnt just reset the ecu

zeRep85
09-06-2012, 12:27 PM
yeah the 400 was for complete flush and everything, the guy was actually pretty cool. he was giving me advice on how to by pass certain codes and emissions issues to pass nys inspection said it would work great as long as i didnt get it inspected there lol. one of the few cool dealership service managers ive met so far. also fixed my P0420 code that was cause by my hi-flow cat, fixed the honeycomb inside didnt just reset the ecu

Be very careful though...not that many people are familiar with the SST

zeRep

Rfiluta
09-06-2012, 02:42 PM
yeah i figured though out when i was calling mitsu dealers for prices for the flush, the one that did it for me was the only one that has dealt with tran flush for the sst and the service mgr even told me they had only done 7 total. the other 4 had done 0