PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone install camber or camber adjustment?

Amigero
09-12-2012, 03:58 PM
i have the drifting problem. i rotated the front tires first and it did not solve the problem. 2nd i rotated the rear tires and no problem was solve. so i did a wheel alignment and front and rear toe was off. i noticed that there was no camber nor caster adjustment. so has any one install caster or camber adjustment?

TrailBrake
09-12-2012, 06:02 PM
i have the drifting problem. i rotated the front tires first and it did not solve the problem. 2nd i rotated the rear tires and no problem was solve. so i did a wheel alignment and front and rear toe was off. i noticed that there was no camber nor caster adjustment. so has any one install caster or camber adjustment?

I have front camber bolts with the stock suspension using Eibach springs, and rubber wedges to stiffen things up a bit.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Eibach&model=Recommended+Align.+Kit&group=Recommended+Align.+Kit&partNum=5.81260K&autoMake=Mitsubishi&autoModel=Lancer&autoYear=2009&autoModClar=Ralliart

Using two bolts per side, I ended up setting front at -2.1 degrees. I didn't touch the rear, as it was already -1.5 degrees in stock form.

Amigero
09-12-2012, 06:41 PM
I have front camber bolts with the stock suspension using Eibach springs, and rubber wedges to stiffen things up a bit.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Eibach&model=Recommended+Align.+Kit&group=Recommended+Align.+Kit&partNum=5.81260K&autoMake=Mitsubishi&autoModel=Lancer&autoYear=2009&autoModClar=Ralliart

Using two bolts per side, I ended up setting front at -2.1 degrees. I didn't touch the rear, as it was already -1.5 degrees in stock form.

do you have any tire wear problem since you have different degrees of camber specialy front. i dont know the manufacture's specifications up the top of my head but i think the closest you get to that 90 degree the better if possible.

GAbOS
09-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Can someone explain the "drifting problem" to me? I read it as the car wanting to drive itself or wondering in straight lines. The trick in RWD cars is to put skinnier on teh front and we cant do that.

Read up on alignments and find a shop that can give you what you ask for. Look at your local scca or other race body forums for shops.

Amigero
09-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Can someone explain the "drifting problem" to me? I read it as the car wanting to drive itself or wondering in straight lines. The trick in RWD cars is to put skinnier on teh front and we cant do that.

Read up on alignments and find a shop that can give you what you ask for. Look at your local scca or other race body forums for shops.

For me the rear toe was incorrect so the rear wheels were stearing the front wheels making the car drift to the left.