PDA

View Full Version : front drivers side window problem..help plz

ralliartSAT
09-13-2012, 05:01 PM
i was working on my car today and when i turned it on to pull it into the garage so i wasn't in the sun the windows went down like always. after i was done working which was like an hr hr and a half i go to turn it on to pull it out and the window would roll half way up then stop then id have to pull the button again to roll the rest of the way up and a couple of times when it rolled up all the way it would go down by it's self maybe 5 inches. has anyone had that problem or have any advice as too where i could get another motor/ regulator besides the dealer because they where saying somewhere in the $250-$350....

also i have hid and like the window the hid where both working when i pulled it into the garage and i notice on my way to work that the one on the passengers side was out but the drivers side still works. any info on that would be awesome.

thanks fellow ralliart enthusiast!!

'11WallyWorldHauler
09-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Are you still having window or light trouble? Did you wash the car or run the battery down?

If you are still having trouble with the passenger window, I would use a real thin thin pick to pull out the screw plugs and then remove the 3 phillips screws holding the right side door panel on. Then ever so slightly pull out all the plastic push clips and take the panel off the door, Check your passenger side window module and see if the plug is loose.

speed808
09-19-2012, 06:58 PM
i was working on my car today and when i turned it on to pull it into the garage so i wasn't in the sun the windows went down like always. after i was done working which was like an hr hr and a half i go to turn it on to pull it out and the window would roll half way up then stop then id have to pull the button again to roll the rest of the way up and a couple of times when it rolled up all the way it would go down by it's self maybe 5 inches. has anyone had that problem or have any advice as too where i could get another motor/ regulator besides the dealer because they where saying somewhere in the $250-$350....

also i have hid and like the window the hid where both working when i pulled it into the garage and i notice on my way to work that the one on the passengers side was out but the drivers side still works. any info on that would be awesome.

thanks fellow ralliart enthusiast!!

Your window motor is encountering resistance, so to prevent the motor from being fried, the motor makes the window stop or go back down partially.

You should take off your door panel and check inside the door and see if anything is hindering the window's up and down movement.

When I checked mine, the rubber track for the front edge of the window was not in the metal track, so the rubber was interfering with the window's up and down movement.

MTZL
09-19-2012, 10:51 PM
I concur with statements (2 posts) above. It doesnt take much of your time to remove the trim/panel.

speed808
09-20-2012, 12:27 PM
I concur with statements (2 posts) above. It doesnt take much of your time to remove the trim/panel.

After you remove the door panel (3 screws and about 12 plastic fasteners that pop in and out), you have to peel away the big plastic sheet that covers the openings in the inside door to see inside. After you finish, you just stick the plastic sheet back on, it sticks on to the black ring of some sticky sealant.

Glassman
09-20-2012, 04:04 PM
+1 on taking the panel off and checking, It could also be the switch/fuse since they are automatic windows.. cant be sure without looking at it. I work with autoglass for a living. If its the regulator or motor i'll send you a link of some cheap places to get it. 250 sounds way to high lol.