Lisa11RA
09-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Sparkfndr & I are from Troy

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 12:55 PM
i am actually just outside of the albany area live just outside of troy

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 12:56 PM
i didnt know there were that many RA's in this area, suprised theres even 4 of them,. but now i see why people keep saying they saw me driving all over the area, i also have the wicked white RA

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
also not sure if you guys know this, i just found out yesterday but synapse in scotia has an AWD dyno and does dynotuning using openecu and evoscan. also found out they do custom fabrication for any parts needed

BryanK
09-18-2012, 01:16 PM
i didnt know there were that many RA's in this area, suprised theres even 4 of them,. but now i see why people keep saying they saw me driving all over the area, i also have the wicked white RA

Hahah I think i pass you from time to time (almost everyday)... Do you take Rosendale road/ River road much??

BryanK
09-18-2012, 01:16 PM
also not sure if you guys know this, i just found out yesterday but synapse in scotia has an AWD dyno and does dynotuning using openecu and evoscan. also found out they do custom fabrication for any parts needed

Thats awesome. i've been looking everywhere. Will definately check these guys out! Thanks

BryanK
09-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Hahah I think i pass you from time to time (almost everyday)... Do you take Rosendale road/ River road much??

Although it looks more like a WW EVO... so i may not be you...

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 01:24 PM
nope not me i live in north greenbush so just out of troy near HVCC but atleast its good to see the RA is being ran in this area. when i bought mine it was the only 1 i found within 100 miles from here, also be carefull when u hit the 30k mark and have to have the TC-SST serviced i called 5 dealers for mine and only.one has ever worked on it before

BryanK
09-18-2012, 01:40 PM
nope not me i live in north greenbush so just out of troy near HVCC but atleast its good to see the RA is being ran in this area. when i bought mine it was the only 1 i found within 100 miles from here, also be carefull when u hit the 30k mark and have to have the TC-SST serviced i called 5 dealers for mine and only.one has ever worked on it before

Thanks for the heads up...... I only have 300 miles on it thus far ;)

Shes Still a baby :D

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 01:44 PM
lucky you must be nice, i just hit the 40k mark on my car

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 01:46 PM
so what are your plans for your RA

sparkfndr
09-18-2012, 02:19 PM
so far from what he has posted is is going to do the bpv first. which is the smartest move off the gun. that will smooth out the start-off jerkiness.

Lisa11RA
09-18-2012, 02:24 PM

I think we might have seen you yesterday around 5:30/6 coming from the Menands Bridge.. we were going opposite ways...

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 02:24 PM
havent seen any of his other posts so i have no idea, i started with test pipe and exhaiust from cp-e still havent changed bpv yet though

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 02:26 PM
yeah that was me goin over the menands bridge

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 03:55 PM
cant believe i didnt see you goin over the bridge, i usually never miss another RA or evo in this area

BryanK
09-18-2012, 04:59 PM
So we got 4 people in the area! Nice! Anyone going to MOD (Mitsubishi Owners day) October 13th?
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/owners-site/owners-day.do

We could all drive down together... Just a thought

BryanK
09-18-2012, 05:07 PM
So we got 4 people in the area! Nice! Anyone going to MOD (Mitsubishi Owners day) October 13th?
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/owners-site/owners-day.do

We could all drive down together... Just a thought

Wow I didnt even see this page of posts sorry.

So, plans for my RA;

I plan on upgrading the following:
Air Intake System Upgrade – Air Cleaner
exhaust (maybe)
Boost Upgrade – 3 port Solenoid / Boost Pill
BOV
and retune...
... Then ill do my entire IC system and go from there...

Cosmetically,
Tint and LED (interior)

BryanK
09-18-2012, 05:12 PM
I might even just do my IC System first. Idk yet.
What do you guys recommend?

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 05:20 PM
i would probably start with exhaust and then intercooler ans bov because those upgrades dont require a tunw, once you mess with intake and turbo then you really need to have it tuned before starting.it back up, maybe invest in a tactrix cable and evoscan, gst has a free map for exhaust,awm intercooler and boost pill

sparkfndr
09-18-2012, 05:41 PM
i would first start with moving the plate off to the side out of the way of our tiny intercooler and a panel filter k&n or apexi. Then i would do the bpv upgrade get rid of the plastic one. Next would be the cat back exhaust and uicp pipe. After that point on do the boost pill and the gst tune. From there on would be upgraded ic with the rest of the pieces and anything else you want to do.

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 06:24 PM
either way you cant go wrong i went exhaust now intercoooler than doing intake,boost pill and bov, but just make sure to get it properly tuned after certain mods

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 06:26 PM
and actually from everything ive read the lower intercooler pipe will make a bigger difference than changing uicp(hot pipe) but all depends on whether you want to keep stock I.C. or not

BryanK
09-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Hmm. I guess itll come down to part availability. As I come across parts ill grab em ;)
thanks for the input for sure. Ill keep you guys updated.

anyone going to MOD in Camden NJ?

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 07:05 PM
i have an injen uicp sitting at my house, was on my car for like an hour id you want that to start with

BryanK
09-18-2012, 07:08 PM
i have an injen uicp sitting at my house, was on my car for like an hour id you want that to start with

What you looking to get for it, furthermore, why didnt you keep it on?

Thanks!

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 07:10 PM
wont fit an aftermarket or evo x intercooler which will b the nxt investment after new intake, easy install 3 coiplers and 3 clamps, idk prob like 50 bucks cuz its just sittin there and would like to help a local kid out

BryanK
09-18-2012, 07:14 PM
wont fit an aftermarket or evo x intercooler which will b the nxt investment after new intake, easy install 3 coiplers and 3 clamps, idk prob like 50 bucks cuz its just sittin there and would like to help a local kid out

Ya! That would be awesome. You going to be around this weekend?
I can PM ya if its easier to communicate the details..

sparkfndr
09-18-2012, 07:41 PM
actually from everything i read the licp is the evo one that makes the most difference on the ralliart it is the uicp.

read this thread from evolutionm has some good info for people starting out and pointed me to where i am going with my car.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/576910-info-modding-your-ra.html

BryanK
09-18-2012, 08:07 PM
actually from everything i read the licp is the evo one that makes the most difference on the ralliart it is the uicp.

read this thread from evolutionm has some good info for people starting out and pointed me to where i am going with my car.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/576910-info-modding-your-ra.html

Thanks! I actually already had that page already opened and I have been reading it a lot :)

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
After the intercooler does it's job, then the pressurized air is on it's way to the engine for use. This is the MOST important component. There is nothing left but this pipe before this pressurized air is used - so you do not want to worsen this air in any way possible. The stock RA LICP, which is made of plastic, has a small diameter (which causes heat as particles collide) and an unusual bend (again, another place for collision and heat generation). The Evo X LICP is a finely crafted piece - made from aluminum to hold the air, a bigger diameter, and very smooth curves for a clean flow straight to the engine. Almost nothing interrupts the air as it is fed to the engine with this pipe - which is what you want.

This is the biggest misconception that RA owners seem to have. Most think that the UICP is the biggest restriction and that the LICP is fine. The expanding OEM UICP hose just lose you throttle response, but still accomplishes it's job of sending the air to the intercooler.

The OEM LICP, with so many bends, ruins work that the intercooler accomplished. With so much restriction in flow and bends causing collision and heat generation, you're ruining the work of the intercooler just before the air enters your engine for use.

But with how cheaply you can pickup a whole Evo X set (UICP + FMIC + LICP), I recommend you replace all pieces at the same time. This also avoids any fitment issues - just complete replacement with 100% fitment.

Rfiluta
09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
that was taken directly from the thread you posted the link too

BravoZero
09-19-2012, 02:12 PM
This is the biggest misconception that RA owners seem to have. Most think that the UICP is the biggest restriction and that the LICP is fine. The expanding OEM UICP hose just lose you throttle response, but still accomplishes it's job of sending the air to the intercooler.

I disagree with your claim. Show me some proof that RA owners are indeed more concerned about the UICP than the lower. All I ever see is people asking how to access and replace the LICP, because they know how restrictive it is.

Rfiluta
09-19-2012, 03:09 PM

bravo are you asking me for proof? i stated earlier in the thread that the licp was mor important than the uicp, and i was responding to this post and also what i posted was taken directly from the link that was posted to a thread on evom

MTZL
09-19-2012, 11:00 PM
ok, that a bit of kink in stock RA licp is negligible. Stock RA UICP or Stock RA LICP is just that a pipe/a tube/ a way to direct flow to & from FMIC.

The biggest difference is not in the pipe for stock turbo. it is in the size of FMIC & its efficiency.
Stock RA FMIC is tiny. More like a interfooler. Since stock UICP doesnt fit with bigger FMIC you really have no choice but to change the UICP.
Stock RA LICP has a dent/a kink in it. Some choose to use it, most replace it with evo x LICP or aftermarket LICP to match the bigger FMIC.

Again bigger FMIC is what actually does the cooling, not the pipes.

Rfiluta
09-19-2012, 11:11 PM
yes but if your planning on getting an evox or bigger i.c. in the future then theres no sense getting a UICP for the stock I.C. correct, that was the point i was trying to get across that since upgrading the licp will fit an evox intercooler than that is a more logical upgrade

MTZL
09-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Still it is a system. FMIC is where the benefit is at. Not the pipes. Pipes are just there to direct the flow.

Rfiluta
09-19-2012, 11:18 PM
true, but you also want to avoid adding any un necessary heat after the air is cooled, so you want the least ammount of bends or collision points with the uicp in to keep the air as cold as possible. since the UICP is carrying air that still hasnt been cooled by the I.C. then it doesnt cause as big of an issue, but anyway i agree 100% that going with a bigger I.C. is where you should start

MTZL
09-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Straight pipe or bent pipe is going to be the same temp. It is about the efficiency of the intercooler. Even some aftemarket bigger FMIC are not efficient in cooling vs Evo X FMIC.

Rfiluta
09-19-2012, 11:40 PM
yes but obviously the straighter the pipe then the more efficient the air will run through it, you will avoid collisions and restrictions with a straighter pipe or a pipe with less bends

MTZL
09-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Cooling efficiency is not in the pipes, it is in the design of the intercooler.

I am now working for R&D labs with many testing equipment. Working with software/hardware/machinists engineers. Pipes are there to just direct flow.

I document things help them with equipment.

If I had more time I would explain how intercooler works.

Rfiluta
09-21-2012, 07:46 AM
ok ill take your word for it was going off everything i have read and experienced in the past, and remember i agreed with you earlier that the intercooler was a more important upgrade

BravoZero
09-21-2012, 05:32 PM
This is a regional section regarding your area or people nearby, not for mechanical/technical talk in general. Get back on topic about "Albany".

BryanK
09-21-2012, 06:18 PM
This is a regional section regarding your area or people nearby, not for mechanical/technical talk in general. Get back on topic about "Albany".

Sorry Bravo!
Anyone know a good tinter here in albany county somewhere. I know of one place that I went with my last lancer and it was 200.
If i knew how to do it I would just do it, but my buddy just moved to Tennessee and he was a Tinter, so I didnt get to learn.

Lisa11RA
09-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Sorry Bravo!
Anyone know a good tinter here in albany county somewhere. I know of one place that I went with my last lancer and it was 200.
If i knew how to do it I would just do it, but my buddy just moved to Tennessee and he was a Tinter, so I didnt get to learn.

sparkfndr and I used fine line tint shop off of western ave.. it is basically across the street from stuyvesant plaza. The owner Jason is really nice and willing to work with you and your schedule. He did both our cars after hours b/c of our work schedule and discounted the rate because we were bringing both on the same day. He did a great job, no complaints.

BryanK
09-21-2012, 07:21 PM
sparkfndr and I used fine line tint shop off of western ave.. it is basically across the street from stuyvesant plaza. The owner Jason is really nice and willing to work with you and your schedule. He did both our cars after hours b/c of our work schedule and discounted the rate because we were bringing both on the same day. He did a great job, no complaints.

Oh nice! I will definitely check him out! Thanks for the tip. Ill be sure to let him know you sent me ;)

Lisa11RA
09-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh nice! I will definitely check him out! Thanks for the tip. Ill be sure to let him know you sent me ;)

no problem. A friend actually referred us and I am always about supporting small businesses in the area especially when the service is outstanding.

BryanK
09-23-2012, 06:27 PM
no problem. A friend actually referred us and I am always about supporting small businesses in the area especially when the service is outstanding.

Absolutely agree :)

stEVOlution X
01-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Hey whats up all... (first post here, though Ive been lurking a lot, haha). I dont own a ralliart, but I live in guilderland so i figured i'd post up here cuz I never mind cruising/ meeting up/ hangin out with evo and ralliart guys.

also, (just throwing this out there), if anyone wants any evo x stock parts, just let me know... of course there wouldnt be shipping because we could just meet up. I have a lot of stuff:

Evo X stock/oem 15k miles:

-exhaust mani
-turbo
-O2 housing
-downpipe
-cat pipe
-catback exhaut
-injectors
-fuel rail
-fuel pump
-diverter valve
-Speed Circuit high-flow cat 300cell (not stock but i have it laying around)
-full oem stuspension (4 strut assemblies)
-rear swaybar
-rear end links
-boost solenoid
-driver side A-pillar (OEM /blank pillar)
-GSR short pb wing
-four GSR brake rotors/lines/pads
-oem fog light assembly
-GSR metal/weighted shift knob

and i think thats it (at least what I can remember)... ill have to check my list of stuff when i get home from work haha

Cooljoshb
01-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Hey whats up all... (first post here, though Ive been lurking a lot, haha). I dont own a ralliart, but I live in guilderland so i figured i'd post up here cuz I never mind cruising/ meeting up/ hangin out with evo and ralliart guys.

also, (just throwing this out there), if anyone wants any evo x stock parts, just let me know... of course there wouldnt be shipping because we could just meet up. I have a lot of stuff:

-exhaust mani
-turbo
-O2 housing
-downpipe
-cat pipe
-catback exhaut
-injectors
-fuel rail
-fuel pump
-diverter valve
-rear swaybar
-rear end links
-boost solenoid
-GSR short pb wing
-oem fog light assembly

and i think thats it (at least what I can remember)... ill have to check my list of stuff when i get home from work haha
What color is your evo? I can't really tell from he picture. Also do you have the intercooler?

stEVOlution X
01-14-2013, 09:25 PM
she's Phantom black with black GSR rims and red mudflaps :) SOMEONE has HAD to have seen me cruising around town

and unfortunately no, i already sold the fmic and licp to a guy in a black RA in albany

Smeghead
01-15-2013, 04:14 PM

-exhaust mani
-turbo
-O2 housing
-downpipe
-cat pipe
-catback exhaut
-injectors
-fuel rail
-fuel pump
-diverter valve
-rear swaybar
-rear end links
-boost solenoid
-GSR short pb wing
-oem fog light assembly

any pics of the wing

stEVOlution X
01-15-2013, 04:47 PM
yes sir, one second!

stEVOlution X
01-15-2013, 04:54 PM
here's a couple pics, I have a few when it was actually on the evo if you'd like. paint is flawless, Phantom black

Smeghead
01-15-2013, 05:25 PM
aww its the same wing thats already on my ralli lol i was thinking the ss wing, thanks though. What about the uicp

stEVOlution X
01-15-2013, 05:35 PM
I have the uicp at home in albs... but I'm not sure if It was damaged from my brother moving it... i think the rubber material got cut in one spot on the end ill have check

Smeghead
01-16-2013, 06:54 AM
I have the uicp at home in albs... but I'm not sure if It was damaged from my brother moving it... i think the rubber material got cut in one spot on the end ill have check

Well that would be bad juju

stEVOlution X
07-24-2014, 12:58 PM
anyone here going to the evoxforums bbq on sunday august 3rd?

ADKRA09
09-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Hey I'm up in Argyle but commute down to B. Spa everyday. I really never see too many RA's at all, actually like never. Sounds like we need a regional cruise night or a race day