PDA

View Full Version : Best springs for ralliart??

BlueDemon11
10-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Hey guys im planning to lower my car cause im tired of it looking like an SUV so high.. I just wanted to get some rec... On which springs are best to lower my ralliart..

EricS09RA
10-07-2012, 12:07 PM
depends on what you want. I've heard that Swift are the best handling, and I think Tein gives the lowest drop.

p1llar
10-07-2012, 02:10 PM
+1 depends on what your needs are.

Do you want to go really low and are not too concerned with strut life? S-Tech's would suit that.

Do you want to close a little gap & have a better handling car? Swifts or Pro Kit would be good.

I've got the pro kit and it rides damn near stock, still very comfortable to drink my coffee on the way to work. Closed in some wheel gap and corners pretty darn good. At times I do wish it was a tad lower and think about getting sportline or H&R but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality.

BlueDemon11
10-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I was thinking a little of both, close gap and bot kill my shocks... Im guessing swif will be the best for that??

Champion3
10-07-2012, 04:59 PM
tien are just low drop, swift is the highest quality springs youll be able to get... there only a 1.2 drop i have them it makes it look so much better and drive 10x better... but if u want looks then get something with more drop.

crak
10-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Swift Spec R springs? or coilovers?

Mkid
10-08-2012, 06:06 AM
I think the only product SWIFT offers for Ralliart are the sport springs.

HTIEK
10-09-2012, 08:41 AM
I have the swift springs and they do make it appear allot more aggresive and lower compared to another friends ralliart here in town also corners allot better i find.

crak
10-09-2012, 08:57 AM
but what are the best coil overs? I wanna get some performance improvements for autocross. I was looking at the tien flex's but, i hear mixed reviews.

bedbug
10-09-2012, 11:43 AM
tien are just low drop, swift is the highest quality springs youll be able to get... there only a 1.2 drop i have them it makes it look so much better and drive 10x better... but if u want looks then get something with more drop.

Is that 1.2 drop after it settles, or is that the initial drop?

RALM
11-17-2012, 10:15 AM
hey guys im thinking of going with the Tein S Teck lowering springs.
http://www.lancershop.com/customer/product.php?productid=3356&cat=224&page=1

But I dont want to put them on my stock struts, instead I would like to get some performance spec struts. Any idea on where I can find them

HTIEK
11-17-2012, 10:23 AM
If that the case i would just do coilovers myself i just got BC coils installed and it is a world of difference i had stock struts with swift springs before and then swapped over to coilovers because after 25000km my struts were shot.... and the adjustability is awesome im up half an inch for the winter and will go lower in the summer cause i live in alberta Canada and the roads are shit.

RALM
11-17-2012, 11:02 AM
If that the case i would just do coilovers myself i just got BC coils installed and it is a world of difference i had stock struts with swift springs before and then swapped over to coilovers because after 25000km my struts were shot.... and the adjustability is awesome im up half an inch for the winter and will go lower in the summer cause i live in alberta Canada and the roads are shit.

Damn those things are a little pricey, so i guess I will just get the lowering springs all I want is stance and a tad bit more of increased handling. I may go to the track to drag my car in the future like 4 times a year other then that its my daily driver. But thanks.

Markspd6
11-17-2012, 01:42 PM
There a couple RA guy selling used BC coils in so cal right now..

dem1983
11-19-2012, 09:42 PM
I agree with HTIEK even tho coilovers are more expensive they are the way to go for handling, performance, and drop! Not to mention that you WILL inevitably kill your stock shocks with ANY lowering spring. I just installed my coils and WOW what a difference in not just the look but the handling as well.

RALM
11-20-2012, 02:33 PM
I agree with HTIEK even tho coilovers are more expensive they are the way to go for handling, performance, and drop! Not to mention that you WILL inevitably kill your stock shocks with ANY lowering spring. I just installed my coils and WOW what a difference in not just the look but the handling as well.

What coilovers did you decied to to go with.

Cesarn2928
11-20-2012, 05:17 PM
i have RRM Grips =1.5 inches in the front and 1.4 inches in the rear.

2 years... going for 3rd... still running amazing!

RALM
11-21-2012, 08:04 AM
tru thats good and your still on stock struts.

HTIEK
11-21-2012, 09:55 AM
I was just saying you are planning on ordering new struts and lowering springs wouldnt it be close to the same price just to order Coils? i am unfamiliar with price on new struts but considering Lowering springs will run you from 300+ after shipping then add struts i mean you can get coils installed for 1500 all said and done.

Do the work yourself and get them in for probly around $1100 http://www.lancershop.com/customer/product.php?productid=6821&cat=224&page=1

RALM
11-21-2012, 10:30 AM
I was just saying you are planning on ordering new struts and lowering springs wouldnt it be close to the same price just to order Coils? i am unfamiliar with price on new struts but considering Lowering springs will run you from 300+ after shipping then add struts i mean you can get coils installed for 1500 all said and done.

Do the work yourself and get them in for probly around $1100 http://www.lancershop.com/customer/product.php?productid=6821&cat=224&page=1

the tien s springs are like 240 so with shipping close to 300 and i found front struts on Rock Auto for like 80 a piece and rear struts for 50 a piece. So with shipping and installation when its all said in done the tatal wil be under 1 installed

HTIEK
11-21-2012, 10:40 AM
the tien s springs are like 240 so with shipping close to 300 and i found front struts on Rock Auto for like 80 a piece and rear struts for 50 a piece. So with shipping and installation when its all said in done the tatal wil be under 1 installed

Fair enough just seems your already spending at least 700 on parts along before install why not pay 300-400 more and improve basically everything handling, lowering capabilities, adjustable for winter if it's DD, also don't forget not destroying your new struts in 20,000 miles.

Just my thoughts cause ive been there.....

RALM
11-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Fair enough just seems your already spending at least 700 on parts along before install why not pay 300-400 more and improve basically everything handling, lowering capabilities, adjustable for winter if it's DD, also don't forget not destroying your new struts in 20,000 miles.

Just my thoughts cause ive been there.....

very true and you do have valid point. I going to have to sleep on it and do some more pondering.

TrailBrake
03-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Does anyone on here have H&R springs?

I had a set on another vehicle and liked them, but I haven't heard much feedback on how they are on a RA.

deprydation
03-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I know a few Evo guys that had H&R's and swapped em pretty quickly for Swifts.

I personally run the RRM GRIP Springs, which I recently found out are manufactured by Progress.

I'm happy with the RRM springs. They haven't done me wrong yet and my struts are still golden.