PDA

View Full Version : help please

MegaMan
10-16-2012, 07:26 PM
what would be the best upgrade order for my car?

intake, exhaust?

hotkupa
10-16-2012, 07:48 PM
for your car: I am not sure....for you: spend some time reading. many members went to great extend to test and make DIYs so you can read, learn and appreciate your car.

MegaMan
10-17-2012, 10:53 AM
will do. off to more researching

hotkupa
10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Start with used evo x intercooler + pipes from evolutionm.net there are always for sale. You will find directions in DIY section so you can swap all the parts yourself. That will save you $$$ and most important will teach you more about your car. Next get better air filter (sometimes you can get them used from craigslist or other members i bought mine for $25 on craigslist almost new). Next get boost pill (ams or ur) they are like $20. Next get your own or borrow tactrix cable from another ralliart owner and flash your ecu with basemap. One more advice MAKE SURE THAT THE SST FLUID IS NICE AND CLEAN OR YOU WILL BECOME ANOTHER HORROR STORY.

MegaMan
10-18-2012, 10:20 AM
thank you thats great advise! :)

Rokpapaziz
10-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Getting the tactrix and cable first, downloading all the software and reading LOTS was the first thing i did.

After that I got the boost pill and was confident in reflashing my ecu by then.

Best thing is you can return the car to stock really easily if you want to get a dealership service.

Good luck, and please do check your SST is working properly before you start modding, otherwise there will be tears