PDA

View Full Version : anyone running a 50/50 bov

RalliArtist
11-05-2012, 04:35 AM
anyone running a 50/50 bov on a stock tune? i found someone selling a turbo smart dual port for a really good price but i want to know if ill run into any problems with a stock tune. i know it recircs at low boost but im curious to how the car will run under full boost at highway speeds

p1llar
11-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Had my agency power on my ra since march, never had a single issue.

RALM
11-05-2012, 10:09 AM
I got a ams DV instead of BOV mines works fine.

zeRep85
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Do you guys log your car? To REALLY make sure it is fine and without an issue?

zeRep

RALM
11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Do you guys log your car? To REALLY make sure it is fine and without an issue?

zeRep

I dont log my car but I will start just to get some accurate resualts

RalliNurse
11-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Zerep is right...u have to be careful w/vented BPV...ecu need to know how much boost is running...how much left over...how much returned...then it'll know how much fuel/air is needed for the engine to burn...if anything is out of whack...ecu is gonna compansate the fuel/air incorrectly to the engine = engine damage!

zeRep85
11-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Zerep is right!

/end thread

:)

I kidd, I kidd.

zeRep

KyleKitchen
11-08-2012, 01:59 AM
50/50 and full VTA are not a good idea on Evo X's and RA's.
Especially if you have an SST.

You're releasing metered air.
The MAF accounts for that air being recirculated back into the turbo inlet hose.

The SST is VERY picky.
If the ECU ends up compensating for that lost air and you run anything other than what your tables are set to in your tune, your SST will not be happy.

A lot of people complain of stalling at idle and rich shifts on the X and part throttle can be hesitant and buck.

Your car will not like you very much.

You can get a tune for it; but even then its still meh.

Just get an intake or an Evo X MAF housing and a cone filter if you want that pshhhhh sound.

zeRep85
11-08-2012, 09:41 AM
50/50 and full VTA are not a good idea on Evo X's and RA's.
Especially if you have an SST.

You're releasing metered air.
The MAF accounts for that air being recirculated back into the turbo inlet hose.

The SST is VERY picky.
If the ECU ends up compensating for that lost air and you run anything other than what your tables are set to in your tune, your SST will not be happy.

A lot of people complain of stalling at idle and rich shifts on the X and part throttle can be hesitant and buck.

Your car will not like you very much.

You can get a tune for it; but even then its still meh.

Just get an intake or an Evo X MAF housing and a cone filter if you want that pshhhhh sound.

^this is why you dont go ANTYHING other that full rec.

zeRep

Sinestra
11-12-2012, 07:44 AM
im running the AP 50/50 bov but im running it full recirc. Main reason i upgraded was because the stock plastic BOV leaks boost. The guys are right if you really care about the whoosh sound there are other ways. Dont run it VTA your car will hate you.