PDA

View Full Version : BC coils installed

HTIEK
11-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Just had my BC coils installed and got my car back day before it dumped snow here so went out the night before ripping around and DAMN! Car rides like its on rails! Absolute huge difference compared to stock struts with Lowering springs...

veuve
11-12-2012, 12:30 AM
congrats. Are you running bc spring or swift ? How is the ride quality?

HTIEK
11-12-2012, 01:10 AM
BC spring and the ride is great a little stuff but no roll what so ever doesn't even think about it was a large difference over stock with swift springs.

dem1983
11-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Glad to hear! I'm installing my K Sport's this Saturday...can't wait!

TrailBrake
11-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Glad to hear! I'm installing my K Sport's this Saturday...can't wait!

Please share your findings. Which type of K Sports are you installing BTW?

I have been looking at the GT Pro, but couldn't find quality feedback on their use on the RA. So far, the most I have read is from a thread on EvoM, filled with the usual adolescence that is found on that site:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack/148930-ksport-coilovers-4.html

HTIEK
11-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Lots of different options for coils for this car i noticed my old car was one brand and thats it lol

dem1983
11-20-2012, 06:46 PM
They are the Ksport Pro coils and I've had them one for a few days now, and let me tell you what a difference it makes! The ride sits so much more aggressively and handles like it wants me to take it to the track NOW! The stiffness is a little bit rougher, but not to the point where I'm going DAMN. The only bitch of it all was waiting 7 hours for the dealership to modify the frame to allow for the ride height I wanted without creating too much negative camber. I just called the manufacturer and got the recommended camber settings and passed that info along to the dealership. It was pricey all-in-all tho...around $1500 for kit and install. No regrets tho! :D

stArvining
01-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Any pictures to show them off?

RALM
01-25-2013, 02:45 PM
They are the Ksport Pro coils and I've had them one for a few days now, and let me tell you what a difference it makes! The ride sits so much more aggressively and handles like it wants me to take it to the track NOW! The stiffness is a little bit rougher, but not to the point where I'm going DAMN. The only bitch of it all was waiting 7 hours for the dealership to modify the frame to allow for the ride height I wanted without creating too much negative camber. I just called the manufacturer and got the recommended camber settings and passed that info along to the dealership. It was pricey all-in-all tho...around $1500 for kit and install. No regrets tho! :D

Let me know how the install goes im getting a set of coil overs in the spring and I want to try it myself. Seen a few how vid's for the evo x's and it didnt seem to involed especially if you have an air compressor.

bholm6
01-25-2013, 06:24 PM
I literally just got my BC's in today and can't wait to install them! When I opened the box I just stared at them for a second, lol...its my first set of coils.

RALM
01-26-2013, 11:09 AM
I literally just got my BC's in today and can't wait to install them! When I opened the box I just stared at them for a second, lol...its my first set of coils.

let me know how the install goes

bholm6
01-29-2013, 02:39 PM
let me know how the install goes

Installed them today. Took about 3 hours total. Run in to some minor issues but just had the think outside the box, lol. Here's a before and after shot.

edsralliart
02-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Installed them today. Took about 3 hours total. Run in to some minor issues but just had the think outside the box, lol. Here's a before and after shot.

how low did you go? did you run into any fender problems? im looking to lower mine real soon and was wondering if i needed to roll my fenders first.

nice drop btw...

RALM
02-05-2013, 07:42 AM

Looks great man and 3 hours thats a lot less than what I thought did you use power tools? And how much did the coil overs run you because in still looking around for a resonable deal?

bholm6
02-06-2013, 02:08 PM
how low did you go? did you run into any fender problems? im looking to lower mine real soon and was wondering if i needed to roll my fenders first.

nice drop btw... I dropped it at least a good inch and a half all around. No rubbing issues so far that I noticed and I drove it around in circles to see if I could hear anything. I'll probably still get them rolled just to be safe though

Looks great man and 3 hours thats a lot less than what I thought did you use power tools? And how much did the coil overs run you because in still looking around for a resonable deal?

Yeah, I had a lift and power tools at my disposal. I was originally going to get these... http://www.importimageracing.com/isc-suspension-n1-coilovers.html ...but the said they didn't make them for the RalliArt :confused:. So they bumped me up to the BC's for no extra charge! They even threw in a free set of rear extenders :D Shipping was free so I paid $950.00

crak
02-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Did the BC coils come with a shock dyno graph? If so could you post it? :)

RALM
02-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I dropped it at least a good inch and a half all around. No rubbing issues so far that I noticed and I drove it around in circles to see if I could hear anything. I'll probably still get them rolled just to be safe though

Yeah, I had a lift and power tools at my disposal. I was originally going to get these... http://www.importimageracing.com/isc-suspension-n1-coilovers.html ...but the said they didn't make them for the RalliArt :confused:. So they bumped me up to the BC's for no extra charge! They even threw in a free set of rear extenders :D Shipping was free so I paid $950.00

thats whats up, and sounds like a great deal.

bholm6
02-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Did the BC coils come with a shock dyno graph? If so could you post it? :)

They did but I'm unable to post it at this point and time. I'm not in the area, sorry

Janko Ralliart
02-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi guys
Year ago I purchased BC Racing RAM coilovers, installed coilovers in spring 2012 and just few months after they failed, both front shocks had lateral movement and very noisy on sharp bumps. I took me several months emailing back and forth ( BC Racing said: check this, check that, every time I need to go in the shop to do check up, and so on) eventually in late autumn I get first one of them, few weeks later another one RAM replacement. Installed and just recently one totally lost strength, other one is just noisy, not as much as before but not for every day riding, called BC Racing and look surprise shocks replacements do NOT come with ANY WARRANTY.
How beautiful is that
Even original warranty is voided because they do not think I have any problem,
I send car to two different shops and ask from them to write letter explaining what is happening and that didn’t help either
I know I can't expect much from $1000 shocks but this is bullshit
I would without thinking went and buy set of KW Var.2 but they do not coming with camber plates and using original plates which I sold to the friend
It is still winter I might try once more but this time BR set instead of RAM
after that I will post on You Tube how to destroy BC Racing coilovers

After all ranting about coilovers few things:
If you do not have money to buy real coilovers DO NOT waist your money with cheep once

Does anybody know what camber plate will fit to the KW Var.2 for the front and the back
Or
Does anybody know top diameter of Ralliart OEM springs and shocks again front and back

Thanks

TrailBrake
02-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with BC coilovers, but thank you for taking the time to share what happened on this forum.

Hi guys
Year ago I purchased BC Racing RAM coilovers, installed coilovers in spring 2012 and just few months after they failed, both front shocks had lateral movement and very noisy on sharp bumps. I took me several months emailing back and forth ( BC Racing said: check this, check that, every time I need to go in the shop to do check up, and so on) eventually in late autumn I get first one of them, few weeks later another one RAM replacement. Installed and just recently one totally lost strength, other one is just noisy, not as much as before but not for every day riding, called BC Racing and look surprise shocks replacements do NOT come with ANY WARRANTY.
How beautiful is that
Even original warranty is voided because they do not think I have any problem,
I send car to two different shops and ask from them to write letter explaining what is happening and that didn’t help either
I know I can't expect much from $1000 shocks but this is bullshit
I would without thinking went and buy set of KW Var.2 but they do not coming with camber plates and using original plates which I sold to the friend
It is still winter I might try once more but this time BR set instead of RAM
after that I will post on You Tube how to destroy BC Racing coilovers

After all ranting about coilovers few things:
If you do not have money to buy real coilovers DO NOT waist your money with cheep once

Does anybody know what camber plate will fit to the KW Var.2 for the front and the back
Or
Does anybody know top diameter of Ralliart OEM springs and shocks again front and back

Thanks

bholm6
02-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Sorry to hear that. How much where you lowered and what do you think caused them to fail?