PDA

View Full Version : check engine light on

cafa
01-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Hi
can anyone give me some help.
I have a 2008 ralliart and fitted an after market exhaust from turbo back and had MRT do atune and spent heaps of cash..now I keep getting my check engine light coming on and going off....I have had a dealer check the codes and it is telling me that my cat converter is stuffed...
I am not happy with the tune and service from MRT....
is there anywhere in NSW that is trustworthy...
help...I am gettin really frustrated....
cafa

tencents
01-21-2013, 12:45 AM
If ur looking for a tune in NSW, there is a GOD name Merlin who is king @ tuning RA and Evo's.. he is the one that wrote the Evo/RA tuning guide. BUT i think MRT uses ECUtek and doesn't that lock ur ECU from being tuned by others? - not sure how it works. But Merlin does Road tunes or U can email ur logs for him to tune. Or else u can try tunehouse or autotech in Sydney.

TrailBrake
01-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Hi
I have a 2008 ralliart and fitted an after market exhaust from turbo back and had MRT do atune and spent heaps of cash..now I keep getting my check engine light coming on and going off....I have had a dealer check the codes and it is telling me that my cat converter is stuffed...
cafa

Interesting feedback on MRT.

They appeared to be competent and well regarded.

zeRep85
01-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Hi
cafa

What cat do you have? Test pipe or high flow?

Post the dyno from MRT. The graph should show the "cat being stuffed"

Also, do you notice any difference driving? if it is truly "stuffed" you would bog and it would be quite noticeable.

crak
01-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Whats the code being thrown? If you get that we can start from there.

cafa
01-22-2013, 09:06 PM
hi tencents what state in N.S.W is merlin in thanks cafa

cafa
01-22-2013, 09:10 PM
hi mike w hi flow cat can you help me my car still runs great even with thh engine light on

cafa
01-22-2013, 09:16 PM
hi crak po133 oxygen sensor. and code for catalyst is po420 cheers hope you can help. the car runs fine though. iam scared of MRT

KrazyRA
01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Fyi early model ralliarts are always gonna have the CEL on if you have a hfc.

crak
01-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Those codes are fine for your car. The code just means that you are pumping out more emissions then you should, which is perfectly normal with a hfc.

Its the cat o2 sensor. Either buy a o2 sensor extender or go into your cars tune and disable ECU bit 2.

IF you know how to hook up the car to ECUflash I can help you out.

RALM
01-23-2013, 10:05 AM
before purchasing my cobb AP to check and or turn off any CEL, I would just disconect the battery for 10 seconds and reconnect it and the cel would go off. its worth a try..

cafa
01-23-2013, 02:05 PM
thanks crak i will find out of you wat to do.wat do i need to buy

crak
01-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Heres a quick video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJmLhGL4t9Q

let me know if that helps.

cafa
01-23-2013, 07:48 PM
soory but i do not understand what hfc means. And were do i get the computer soft were to do it. mitsubishi cleared it the other day and now it has come back on. but the car runs great iam geting good fuel enconmy

cafa
01-23-2013, 07:58 PM
thanks crak that my message before were can i get the soft were from. i watched your viedo it was great

cafa
01-23-2013, 10:52 PM
hi RALM wil that stuf up my car stereo code if i disconect battery

cafa
01-23-2013, 11:06 PM
TrailBrake MRT not what they are cracked out to be.BRETT is just a bussnines man i did a lot of resarch first and went with MRT but not much chop and very very expensive so look else where

tencents
01-23-2013, 11:38 PM
hi tencents what state in N.S.W is merlin in thanks cafa

State is NSW :D
I think somewhere in sydney.. i'm not really too sure as i haven't taken the car to him.. i did contacted him a while back. U can find him on EvoM.

ALso i think MRT uses Ecutek... not sure if u can edit ur ecu after they've tuned it.. it might be locked.. (i think)

RALM
01-24-2013, 02:21 AM
hi RALM wil that stuf up my car stereo code if i disconect battery

When you say stuf up the car stereo do you mean reset all the programmed stations if so then yes?

crak
01-24-2013, 08:22 AM
now im confused. Just gotta turn off the o2 sensor in ecuflash and its the code will never come back.

cafa
02-01-2013, 11:06 AM
how do i turn of o2 sensor in the ecuflash CRAK. iam trying to find out if the people who tuned my car locked the ECU they useECUTEK and some people say that locks the ECU. i posted the codes which are po133 oxygen and po420 catalyst. i took to local MITSUBISHI DEALERand they cleared so i dont no if ECU is locked. the car runs fine just when you first start in morninig it idles a bit up and down. but other than that runs great

crak
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
In ECU flash near the bottom go to the "ECU Options" change ecu bit 2 to 0 using "[" or "]":

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hreste.png

Also, under misc Disable these two codes:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2udyy3s.png

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Car engines on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched taillights glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those O2 sensor moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to ride.

cafa
02-02-2013, 02:07 PM
CRAK what cable do i need to go from computer to car so that. i can stop this check engnie light coming on. i need some sort of cable to do it dont i

crak
02-02-2013, 02:36 PM
tactrix from here

http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=6&Itemid=53

cafa
02-02-2013, 10:16 PM
hi RALM can i buy some sort of cord to go from my computer to my ralliarts ECU cause check engine light comes on every now and then.the car runs great i have HFC exaust fitted the codes it is throwing out are po133 oxygen sensor and po420 catalyst

tencents
02-03-2013, 05:19 AM
Won't disabling O2 sensor fry it?
Cafa, the link Crak sent to u is tactrix open port which connects to the car obdii port, and USB connects off it to ur comp, which allows ur comp to communicate with the cars ecu.

crak
02-03-2013, 11:50 AM
I have read about the o2 frying, never bothered to see if it did. I dont really care about the emissions, hah. Then again, he can buy an o2 extender from me.

20$ + shipping BNIB

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=428406&stc=1&d=1349191928

MikeW-RRE
02-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Dave Hinde (Merlin) gets his name because he is just that, a wizard. He can fix you up, he pretty much wrote the book on tuning.

http://www.evoscan.com/ecuflash/Merlins%20EcuFlash%20EVO%207-8-9%20TUNING%20GUIDE-V1.7a.pdf

[email protected]

For a parts shop in Oz check out Meeks
http://www.meek.com.au/

Spacers to fix the O2 codes is really hit and miss. The cool kids turn off the code in the ECU.

Mike W

RALM
02-04-2013, 10:35 AM
hi RALM can i buy some sort of cord to go from my computer to my ralliarts ECU cause check engine light comes on every now and then.the car runs great i have HFC exaust fitted the codes it is throwing out are po133 oxygen sensor and po420 catalyst

Hey Cafa

That would be the taxtrix cable it goes from you computer to the ecu, if im not mistaken.