PDA

View Full Version : p1836

DEEZ8
03-11-2013, 07:08 PM
I was driving and my car git stuck in second gear. CEL and service transmission light was in the dash. P1836 is shift fork 1 malfunction. 20 minuets later all lights are off the dash and is driving normal. I have 12000 miles and I am 100% stock. Tomorrow i was supposed to drive from Chicago to Minnesota tomorrow but I am not going to take the ralliart now. Any thought or ideas on what caused this issue will be much appreciated. I think I might end up taking it to the dealer.

crak
03-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Take it in, let them pull the code ask for a new transmission because the code is showing malfunction within the transmission. Make sure its covered under warranty.

RALM
03-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Hey so your car got stuck in second gear. When I put my tranny in Revers the R Flashes on the screan 2 or 3 times every once in a while has anyone had this issue and or is it related to the second gear issuse?

RalliNoob
03-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Hey so your car got stuck in second gear. When I put my tranny in Revers the R Flashes on the screan 2 or 3 times every once in a while has anyone had this issue and or is it related to the second gear issuse?

This happens on mine. I chalk it up to the SST Fluid not being warm enough for the clutch to fully engage. Just like "shift shock" in the cold weather.

skills
03-13-2013, 08:29 PM
This happens on mine. I chalk it up to the SST Fluid not being warm enough for the clutch to fully engage. Just like "shift shock" in the cold weather.

I read in the manual, it's normal, cold or not. SST is just finicky

tencents
03-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Yeah its in the manual, just put in N and then back to R. It should happen for only a few flashes before it engages in R. I find if i do a go from D to R too quickly it can flash too. Guess its a common thing for us RA owners. As for stuck in 2nd gear... that could be an issue.. were u able to change gears using paddle shifter or gear stick or was this stuck in Auto?

DEEZ8
03-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Sorry have not been on in a few days. Took my car into the dealership and on my way there the cel went off and the service transmission light turned off. Took it the the dealer and they could not tell me anything because the code turned off. I am assuming the trans fluid was cold. I did take it from Chicago to Minnesota and back and it drove fine in Minneapolis traffic and in city driving, no issues and almost 900 miles later.

RALM
03-14-2013, 05:13 PM

Ok and thanks guys. Sorry for the late response.

SUX2BU85
03-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Same thing happened to my 2009 Ralliart. I got code P1836 shift fork malfunction. It wouldn't shift, but then I turned the car off and started it again and it worked fine. I took it to the dealership and they ran the diagnostics and said the tranny needed to be replaced. SO they installed a new tranny and it's been running good ever since.

DEEZ8
03-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Same thing happened to my 2009 Ralliart. I got code P1836 shift fork malfunction. It wouldn't shift, but then I turned the car off and started it again and it worked fine. I took it to the dealership and they ran the diagnostics and said the tranny needed to be replaced. SO they installed a new tranny and it's been running good ever since.

damn, my dealer couldn't give me an explanation on why it happened. The cel cleared itself before i got to the dealer.