PDA

View Full Version : Periodic Inspection

dmitchell
12-03-2009, 12:55 PM
My new RA just surpassed 2000 km and the periodic inspection warning light started coming on (thanks to you guys for the tip to shut it off, BTW!).

My question is, what could possibly require an inspection at 2000 km?? Is it safe to just ignore this?

Thanks.

Blaze
12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
http://roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/evox-mil-dtccodes.htm

The EVO X Multi Information Meter is located between the Speedometer and Tachometer. It shows when the next Vehicle Service is due.

This is how to reset the counter after servicing the EVO X:

1) Make sure the Ignition Switch to the OFF position.

2) Press the INFO button and the Odometer until the next service is now shown.

3) Press and Hold the INFO button for 2 seconds, the Service Indicator (drawing of a wrench) will now FLASH.

4) While the Service Indicator (drawing of a wrench) is still flashing Press and Hold the INFO button for 2 seconds.

5) The Service Indicator will now show the words CLEAR for 3 seconds to confirm the Service Interval has been correctly reset.

dmitchell
12-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks. I got that part, but there's also the question of what the periodic inspection would entail at 2000 km.

MTZL
12-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Oil Change. ;)
You set it to type of oil you use & how often...3k, 5k, etc.

Air filter Check & Clean
Tires for wear & tear (Rotate as necessary)
Coolant Check & Top off.

dmitchell
12-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I'll probably get one done within the next couple of weeks. Is an oil change really necessary every 2-3k kms?

The old rule of thumb with other cars I had was every 3 months or 5k km, whichever comes first.

MTZL
12-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I'll probably get one done within the next couple of weeks. Is an oil change really necessary every 2-3k kms?

The old rule of thumb with other cars I had was every 3 months or 5k km, whichever comes first.

Yeah, they have oil now that let you drive 7,500 miles (12,070 kilometers) to 10,000 miles (16,093 kilometers) before oil change. Depends on what type of oil you use. I recommend Synthetic Oil because thats what they use for EVO X Mobile1 Synthetic Oil. But if you dont drive pass 3k rpm you should be fine with regular cheapest oil change & oil change every 3,000 miles (4,827 kilometers).

dmitchell
12-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Interesting. The dealership insisted that synthetic oil be used, or I'd void my warranty. Is this true, or is this just the dealership trying to wrangle more money out of me?

RGRalliart
12-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Interesting. The dealership insisted that synthetic oil be used, or I'd void my warranty. Is this true, or is this just the dealership trying to wrangle more money out of me?

Just use the synthetic stuff. It's a save your engine issue.

dmitchell
12-03-2009, 08:53 PM
I'll definitely use the synthetic.

brads09lancerRA
12-03-2009, 10:49 PM

If u put an air freshener in your RA, Mits will void your warranty:rolleyes:

Seriously, your car comes from the factory with Mitsubishi 5W30 conventional oil (only Evo X comes from factory with Mobil 1) so wouldn't your warranty be voided the second u drive off the lot if your dealer wasn't a bunch of tards???. For a turbocharged car I would only run a Synthetic oil. I run Mobil 1 in my RA and it works great and very affordable($22 for jug at Walmart). I ran Amsoil in my last car but wouldn't suggest it for the RA, cause it is designed for longer change intervals(15,000-25,000 miles or 1 year). Mits will give you a HUGE hassle about any warranty issue or possibly void your warranty if u don't follow their maintanence schedule and do one change a year. If u are doing the Mits schedule, Amsoil is twice the price as Mobil 1 so not worth it cause u aren't getting the main benefit, longer change intervals. I've heard Eneos oil is awesome but very pricey. Haven't tried Royal Purple(heard mixed reviews), Castrol or Quaker State Syn so can't say how they are.

By the Mits Canada maintanence schedule they suggest a break-in oil change at 3,000km(but not necessary for warranty purposes) and oil changes/servicing every 8,000km.

dmitchell
12-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Good info. Thanks.

2010 Rallihead Sportback
12-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Oil Change. ;)
You set it to type of oil you use & how often...3k, 5k, etc.

Air filter Check & Clean
Tires for wear & tear (Rotate as necessary)
Coolant Check & Top off.

so your saying that there is a option on there can u can set to 3k 5k miles i haven't messed with teh settings yet so do u have to reset it first then your able to put in the mileage you want cause im thinking to put 5k or 7k with royal purple or mobile 1.

TheBlackBeast
12-05-2009, 08:46 PM
If you look at the manuals that came with the car it tells you exactly what they expect to be done at a dealer at 3k/5k...

Mostly an oil change and a whole lotta looking around underneath the car. Pretty informative, you should give it a read the next time you're stuck on the pot like I did. ;)

Tre
12-05-2009, 10:55 PM
If you look at the manuals that came with the car it tells you exactly what they expect to be done at a dealer at 3k/5k...

Mostly an oil change and a whole lotta looking around underneath the car. Pretty informative, you should give it a read the next time you're stuck on the pot like I did. ;)

also i'm pretty sure it says in the manual to use synthetic only as well. thought i read it somewhere in there.

TheBlackBeast
12-08-2009, 12:53 PM
also i'm pretty sure it says in the manual to use synthetic only as well. thought i read it somewhere in there.It actually didn't specify synthetic only. I believe it's an option for the severe maintenance schedule.