PDA

View Full Version : Lanceralliart's Ride

Lanceralliart
04-20-2013, 04:07 PM
I've been wandering the forums for a while so i figured it was about time to post my ride. I have a 2011 ralliart and a 2011 370z nismo. Mods on ralliart include eibach lowering springs, wedssport SA60M rims, blacked out tail lights, blacked out chrome ring, new trunk emblem, Defi boost gauge, upgraded bov, Hertz audio and Audison powered sound system. Sorry about the crap cell phone pics and the dirty car. Better ones to come

http://imageshack.us/a/img547/7325/img0122b.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img820/765/img0127mq.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img705/1230/img0123cm.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img829/5251/img0126el.jpg

Lanceralliart
04-20-2013, 04:07 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img9/9339/img0130oa.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img845/8549/img0129bp.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img855/8562/img0128bp.jpg
Other Ride
http://imageshack.us/a/img836/2081/screenshot20130420at445.png

BravoZero
04-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Odd place for the boost gauge.

Lanceralliart
04-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Why is that odd?

BravoZero
04-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Never seen it mounted like that in that location before. Didn't say it was bad, just different.

Lanceralliart
04-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Never seen it mounted like that in that location before. Didn't say it was bad, just different.

I just didn't want a giant pillar gauge pod and its also not a cop magnet while its there

ArC87
04-20-2013, 07:43 PM
how did you black out the grill? im looking for a easy diy way .

Lanceralliart
04-20-2013, 07:55 PM
how did you black out the grill? im looking for a easy diy way .

I went the complicated way and used 3m vinyl wrap. I recommend plasti-dip, really easy to work with and if you mess up it peels right off

ArC87
04-20-2013, 08:05 PM
I went the complicated way and used 3m vinyl wrap. I recommend plasti-dip, really easy to work with and if you mess up it peels right off

might try that i like the way it looks.

saw something that made me laugh today, a guy paid a shop to do a fornt end conversion of his base model lancer to a evo x. no engine mods just cosmetics :confused:

Lanceralliart
04-20-2013, 08:49 PM
might try that i like the way it looks.

saw something that made me laugh today, a guy paid a shop to do a fornt end conversion of his base model lancer to a evo x. no engine mods just cosmetics :confused:

Haha priceless

Champion3
04-21-2013, 04:14 AM

better place than most people have it... on top of the speedo...

BravoZero
04-21-2013, 05:29 AM
better place than most people have it... on top of the speedo...

That is true.

Mkid
04-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Welcome! Your car reminds me a lot of my own. We both are GG, have weds, tinted tails, etc. lol.

I like the CF emblems... where did you get them?

Lanceralliart
04-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Welcome! Your car reminds me a lot of my own. We both are GG, have weds, tinted tails, etc. lol.

I like the CF emblems... where did you get them?

Yea I enjoyed reading about your car because its so similar. The emblems from lancershop.com and I painted the chrome bits black. The front is just carbon wrap

iralli_iskustvo
04-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Odd place for the boost gauge.

Looks clean to me.

Lanceralliart
08-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Hey, just an update however most of you will not be moved or even care in any way... I sold it. It was awesome and I have nothing bad to say about the car at all. However I found an 05 (wait for it, don't hurt me) wrx sti with only 3300km and no 'not a typo. In the end the turn around was about even so I'm happy. Anyways have fun with one of the most fun cars ever made everyone! :)

Jackal
08-21-2013, 10:41 PM
O.K Let me get this straight. Your first post is less than 6 months ago, introducing your car which has to be at least a 2009 or newer. Now summer isn't even over, but you decide to tell us you sold the car to buy our direct competition but one at least 4 years older. ( Insert WTF? here)
You do know the history of 2005 WRX motors don't you? Most of which end up with a word sounding a lot like "Room" if driven hard.

Enjoy your new older car.

Lanceralliart
08-22-2013, 10:29 AM
O.K Let me get this straight. Your first post is less than 6 months ago, introducing your car which has to be at least a 2009 or newer. Now summer isn't even over, but you decide to tell us you sold the car to buy our direct competition but one at least 4 years older. ( Insert WTF? here)
You do know the history of 2005 WRX motors don't you? Most of which end up with a word sounding a lot like "Room" if driven hard.

Enjoy your new older car.

Well sir you are certainly not wrong to question it. I had the lancer for 2 and a half years however you are right in saying I only recently put it on here. I think you might be mistaking the smaller 2l wrx build vs the 2.5l in the sti because after much research and talking it over with various professionals it seems that the 05 sti in particular is one of the most solidly built versions of the car you can buy. Also, the speed bug has set in and due to the fact I cannot afford mods to increase power on the lancer, nor would I want to based on the stock integrity, I decided my best option was a faster car for an even trade with my current car at the time. Thanks for the input!

Drew
08-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Also, the speed bug has set in and due to the fact I cannot afford mods to increase power on the lancer, nor would I want to based on the stock integrity, I decided my best option was a faster car for an even trade with my current car at the time.

Did you trade for a stock STI, because a flashed RA should be faster than a stock STI

Lanceralliart
08-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Did you trade for a stock STI, because a flashed RA should be faster than a stock STI

K&N typhoon ram air and a tune so it is definitely faster but that is a good point.

Napius
08-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Enjoy the new (for you) car! You have to do what makes you happy. That's what matters in the end, and if you're happier with the STI, then good for you! I have no hate for the WRX/STI. I like them a lot. I went with the Ralliart mostly because of the TC-SST (and I liked how it looked better, to be honest). But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate other stuff too.

Markspd6
08-22-2013, 01:09 PM
I've had the Mazda AWD, Subaru AWD and now the Ra AWD, I can honestly say the Subaru drivetrain is easily the best. But the EVO engine is more build able and alot easier to get parts for and work on... Plus the paddles, sold it for me.. If Subaru ever made a capable track car with paddles(for DD) I'd be down to get one.. The only issue for me, is all the new Suabrus are getting huge, and their main advantage was a narrower chassis and lighter RWD bias.. So, I'm thinking the newer ones will be the dogs..

As far as I know, the 06 is the year to have in STI and EVO(RS)

Ralliart188
08-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Hey, just an update however most of you will not be moved or even care in any way... I sold it. It was awesome and I have nothing bad to say about the car at all. However I found an 05 (wait for it, don't hurt me) wrx sti with only 3300km and no 'not a typo. In the end the turn around was about even so I'm happy. Anyways have fun with one of the most fun cars ever made everyone! :)

awww man, you're so lucky to find a car that old with such little kms. Hope there wasnt any hidden reasons for it.

Drew
08-22-2013, 05:05 PM
I've had the Mazda AWD, Subaru AWD and now the Ra AWD, I can honestly say the Subaru drivetrain is easily the best.

What year/make Subie did you have? My son has a Bugeye WRX, and comparing that AWD system to the RA is laughable, IMHO. It doesn't even feel as good as the AWD system in the 2g DSM cars. The harder you push the Subaru AWD system, the less it feels like true AWD.

Lanceralliart
08-22-2013, 05:55 PM
What year/make Subie did you have? My son has a Bugeye WRX, and comparing that AWD system to the RA is laughable, IMHO. It doesn't even feel as good as the AWD system in the 2g DSM cars. The harder you push the Subaru AWD system, the less it feels like true AWD.

Although I cannot answer for him, the difference between the bug eye and the next generation (blob eye) as for the AWD system is night and day. A completely redesigned platform with more than acute functionality

Lanceralliart
08-22-2013, 05:57 PM
awww man, you're so lucky to find a car that old with such little kms. Hope there wasnt any hidden reasons for it.

It belonged to a wealthier man with a soft spot for the cars however he owned multiple other cars including porches and an Aston Martin which for obvious reasons trumped the performance of the car and so it sat in his garage collecting dust for years.

Lanceralliart
08-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Enjoy the new (for you) car! You have to do what makes you happy. That's what matters in the end, and if you're happier with the STI, then good for you! I have no hate for the WRX/STI. I like them a lot. I went with the Ralliart mostly because of the TC-SST (and I liked how it looked better, to be honest). But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate other stuff too.

Thank you for the unbiased opinion. I tend to agree with almost everything other than the looks ;) I think the sti will hold its own haha

Drew
08-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Although I cannot answer for him, the difference between the bug eye and the next generation (blob eye) as for the AWD system is night and day. A completely redesigned platform with more than acute functionality

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

From bug to blob to hawk, it was all facelift changes. To my knowledge, which admittedly isn't completely comprehensive, but probably better than most, there was zero meaningful changes to the AWD system, and definitely not a platform change.

Lanceralliart
08-22-2013, 07:39 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

From bug to blob to hawk, it was all facelift changes. To my knowledge, which admittedly isn't completely comprehensive, but probably better than most, there was zero meaningful changes to the AWD system, and definitely not a platform change.

As it turns out it was some differential adjustments so you are right. More than a facelift however, but not a platform change as I previously said

Ralliart188
08-22-2013, 09:50 PM
As it turns out it was some differential adjustments so you are right. More than a facelift however, but not a platform change as I previously said

Did the 2006 legacy gt have the same awd system? I know it has the same sti engine, just with a smaller turbo. I owned one before my ralliart and i have to say, it did not impress me...then again, it did have a much softer suspension which might have been a huge difference

Lanceralliart
08-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Did the 2006 legacy gt have the same awd system? I know it has the same sti engine, just with a smaller turbo. I owned one before my ralliart and i have to say, it did not impress me...then again, it did have a much softer suspension which might have been a huge difference

I think it's the same symmetrical AWD system in both. As for the suspension that could explain a little bit because I have noticed the stock ride height to leave the car a bit soft, even with the sti suspension

Ralliart188
08-23-2013, 01:15 PM
I think it's the same symmetrical AWD system in both. As for the suspension that could explain a little bit because I have noticed the stock ride height to leave the car a bit soft, even with the sti suspension

hmmm well i hope that guy did something to minimize understeer because the legacy understeered really badly and i know for a fact that subarus generally understeer more than the evos and maybe even the ralliarts (not sure compared to sti but the legacy for sure)

Drew
08-23-2013, 01:21 PM
hmmm well i hope that guy did something to minimize understeer because the legacy understeered really badly and i know for a fact that subarus generally understeer more than the evos and maybe even the ralliarts (not sure compared to sti but the legacy for sure)

Subarus understeer significantly worse than any performance AWD system that Mitsubishi has ever built, 1G DSM, 2G DSM, GVR4, 3000GT VR4, Evo, RA, take your pick. Only one that all the WRXs I have driven are close to is the 3000, and that is still a noticeable gap.

Mkid
08-23-2013, 01:51 PM
I test drove a legacy while car shopping and it didn't even feel awd. I felt like I was driving a camry.

Ralliart188
08-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Subarus understeer significantly worse than any performance AWD system that Mitsubishi has ever built, 1G DSM, 2G DSM, GVR4, 3000GT VR4, Evo, RA, take your pick. Only one that all the WRXs I have driven are close to is the 3000, and that is still a noticeable gap.

lol well the 3000gt is probably the heaviest and car that mitsubishi has ever made so that was probably the reason. Love that car though, it was so advanced in it's day and back then mitsubishi was so performance oriented unlike today :( But yeah, I have so much more fun driving the RA than the legacy. The legacy had more power but it was only fun in a straight line, the RA is so much more fun in the bends especially in the snow

Ralliart188
08-23-2013, 01:56 PM
I test drove a legacy while car shopping and it didn't even feel awd. I felt like I was driving a camry.

was it a 2005+ gt version? because the normal legacys only have a 90/10 torque distribution whereas the gt has 50/50

Lanceralliart
08-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Don't forget the dccd system in the sti in particular which I don't believe the wrx or the legacy have for torque distribution. From what I've heard the winter is really where the sti comes into its own. I have a feeling the more power mixed with the torque distribution will battle any sort of previous under steering problems however even in a more advanced AWD system such as the ralliart there was still under steer in the majority of traction loss situations