PDA

View Full Version : GST maps

Dark Knight
07-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Do they have GST maps for all sorts of mod combo's? I have the boost pill, and the X fmic/diverter valve setup but no turboback yet. Do they have a mld specifically for those mods? Orrrr how does that work?

Dark Knight
07-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Dont get mad, im new :-D

Drew
07-27-2013, 07:59 PM
In short, yes. If you have the X FMIC and CBV, you use whatever tune fits your other mods. Just a boost pill, use the boost pill map.

TrailBrake
07-30-2013, 08:44 PM
I am a recent convert to the GST basemap and Tactrix OpenPort 2.0, (coming from using the Cobb AP and their tunes for about a year), and I was wondering if there was a simple FAQ on how to configure data logging.

I have the latest GST basemap installed, and am familiar with what to log and how to interpret the data from using the Cobb AP. Now I would like to know how to configure the Tactrix to do the same.

Is there a config file or something I save onto the SD card that will allow me to select the things I would like to capture (knock, boost level, etc?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Drew
07-31-2013, 07:01 AM
I am a recent convert to the GST basemap and Tactrix OpenPort 2.0, (coming from using the Cobb AP and their tunes for about a year), and I was wondering if there was a simple FAQ on how to configure data logging.

I have the latest GST basemap installed, and am familiar with what to log and how to interpret the data from using the Cobb AP. Now I would like to know how to configure the Tactrix to do the same.

Is there a config file or something I save onto the SD card that will allow me to select the things I would like to capture (knock, boost level, etc?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums/469325-logging-beta-standalone-tactrix-cable-logger-no-more-computer.html

TrailBrake
07-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Thank you kindly :)

tencents
08-01-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm thinking of just getting a HFC, I don't want to replace oem catback as I have a family and want to maintain sound level close to stock as possible. I know pill and tbe map requires catback and hfc or tp, but can I still use that map with just HFC?
Will I overboost with just boostpill map?
what is different in pill+ tbe map to just boostpill map?

lattaj79
08-29-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm thinking of just getting a HFC, I don't want to replace oem catback as I have a family and want to maintain sound level close to stock as possible. I know pill and tbe map requires catback and hfc or tp, but can I still use that map with just HFC?
Will I overboost with just boostpill map?
what is different in pill+ tbe map to just boostpill map?

We are in the same position in regards to family and the HFC. You can flash the boost pill map without cat back or exhaust mods, but with the tbe map I think requires at least HFC or Cat Back as a minimum, correctly if im wrong here.

tencents
08-30-2013, 01:19 AM
tbe map requires high flow cat or test pipe plus catback. I have full tbe from dump pipe and reverted back to stock muffler after placing so many resonators to quieten the thing down with no luck and due to continuous nagging from the mrs I went back to stock muffler. I just adjusted the map with more timing and leaning fuel map and more boost. Def feels more power just my boost curve is quite wobbly. ALso feels like something was blocking the flow at the end... like someone is constipated or a dildo up the ass.

TrailBrake
08-30-2013, 07:51 AM
If you haven't already, check out this thread from back in 2011 on venting the stock muffler a little. It might be of use to you.

http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=2153

tbe map requires high flow cat or test pipe plus catback. I have full tbe from dump pipe and reverted back to stock muffler after placing so many resonators to quieten the thing down with no luck and due to continuous nagging from the mrs I went back to stock muffler. I just adjusted the map with more timing and leaning fuel map and more boost. Def feels more power just my boost curve is quite wobbly. ALso feels like something was blocking the flow at the end... like someone is constipated or a dildo up the ass.

tencents
08-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks. Seems like the way to go for me! Do u just cut the pipe or also have to remove the flap ?

MikeW-RRE
09-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Once you cut the pipe, nothing needs to flow through the flap.

A few more pics here:
http://roadraceengineering.com/blog/?p=1161

Mike W

tencents
09-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Wtf called few muffler places and no one willing to do it? Everyone said to get a new muffler instead and said I'm wasting time and money. Geez it's my time and money... Is it hard to get something done even if u have the money?

TrailBrake
09-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Even a mechanic familiar with welding can do this, as is a very simple mod.

I got it done for $70 cash.