PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded 4wd system service required

Smeghead
08-27-2013, 07:20 PM
as the title says got the dreaded 4wd service required light the past few days. Came on saturday but then after the car sat for a few hours it went away for two days. Well came back on today, went to the dealership said its most likely the ACD pump 2800$$ to fix b/c my mitsu warrenty expired July 17th i mean really damn 3 year bumper to bumper. But I do have an extended warrenty thats 5 year 60k bumper to bumper so it should be replaced under that just have to take the paperwork in friday when for my appt.

RALM
08-27-2013, 09:29 PM
as the title says got the dreaded 4wd service required light the past few days. Came on saturday but then after the car sat for a few hours it went away for two days. Well came back on today, went to the dealership said its most likely the ACD pump 2800$$ to fix b/c my mitsu warrenty expired July 17th i mean really damn 3 year bumper to bumper. But I do have an extended warrenty thats 5 year 60k bumper to bumper so it should be replaced under that just have to take the paperwork in friday when for my appt.

How many miles do you have on the car, and did they say what potentially caused the ACD pump to fail?

E46byeRAhi
08-27-2013, 09:31 PM
isn't ACD considered drivetrain and 5yrs/50,000mi?

Markspd6
08-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I've had some serious questions about certain warranty applications myself, I mean is our tranny considered a manual or auto? For warranty purposes, usually clutches are never covered, but our clutches are run semi auto. Soo? Can they just deny anything, based on the paddles or what? Newer high tec cars, are so much fun.

Smeghead
08-28-2013, 04:50 AM
Car has 32k on it and the reason the pump went is they said corrosion from salt on the roads they have had replaced alot I guess and they're supposed mitsu hasn't done anything to fix the problem yet and it dosnt fall under drive train bc it's not a necessary item it's a luxury item since the drive train still works without it just can't switch between snow Tarmac gravel setting

RALM
08-28-2013, 06:07 AM
Wow ok that sucks but its good to know.

Smeghead
08-28-2013, 07:40 AM
Yea it does suck I guess they usually go around 35-40k mile range so keep and eye out if yours does little ass pump cost more then the engine prolly

hotkupa
08-28-2013, 10:02 AM
If dealer will deny the warranty work contact acd-tuning.com

Smeghead
08-28-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm pretty sure they're not gonna deny my extended warranty bc it's not through mitsu but I did check out acd and I didn't see anything for ralliarts just evos and there acd pump is different then ours

hotkupa
08-28-2013, 07:27 PM
I read somewhere (I think on EvolutionM) about somebody having their pump redone for I think $800. If I find it I will let you know.

hotkupa
08-28-2013, 07:35 PM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/665735-just-sent-my-acd-pump-get-rebuilt.html

Smeghead
08-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Nice thanks ill keep them in mind in case for some odd reason my extended warranty dosnt cover it which if it dosnt mitsu will be hearing from me

Smeghead
09-12-2013, 05:30 AM
Well pump was replaced took week and a half to get bc it was on national back order. And the funny thing is that it cost the warrenty company 1900$ but if I didn't have the warrenty it would cost me 2800$ damn 1000$ up charge for retail vs wholesale its insane. Also the mech never refilled the reservoir so went back to make him do that bc it was below the minimum line and made a grinding sound when taking off in first. But that's gone now after he filled the reservoir

MTZL
09-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Service required warning just needed to be reset most of the time. To Reset, you follow the same procedure with 'info' button. I got the same service warning back @ 20k+ miles, where none of the awc mode worked. I reset the warning & never came back. I am at over 60k miles now.

Smeghead
09-13-2013, 07:15 AM
Service required warning just needed to be reset most of the time. To Reset, you follow the same procedure with 'info' button. I got the same service warning back @ 20k+ miles, where none of the awc mode worked. I reset the warning & never came back. I am at over 60k miles now.

The pump was bad they replaced it under my extended warrenty so I'm glad it got replaced when instill have the warrenty vs later

Millerbp
02-23-2016, 06:32 AM
I know this is an old thread, but my 4wd service light came on a few hundred miles ago. I had read that worn out tires can sometimes cause the indicator to turn on, and I had the warning light to check the timing chain come on too around the same time. I replaced the tires and the 4wd light went off for a while, then I went to the dealership to have the timing chain checked (chain is ok for now, computer reset) and the 4wd service light went away for a while. The last few times I've started the car, the 4wd service required light has come on within a hundred feet of driving. Car is washed as often as possible, but is driven year-round on Ohio salt-covered roads. Is there anything I should try checking or doing to the car before taking it in to the dealership to see if it's the dreaded $2800 corroded pump replacement?

RalliGrl
02-29-2016, 11:21 AM
I know this is an old thread, but my 4wd service light came on a few hundred miles ago.

Here's hoping someone comes back to look at this thread again... I just witnessed my first 4WD service warning this morning when starting my car after being on vacation for over a week.. I was trying to back out of my parking space and noticed that it felt like my parking brake was still "on" and I had to hit the gas harder than usual to get the car to move. The service light stayed on for the entire time I was driving. But after I turned the car off & back on again later in the day, the service light didn't come back on (yet..) I've scheduled my service appointment for a week from today (the earliest they could fit me in.)

I was just wondering if it could be as simple as a fluid viscosity/low fluid issue because I haven't moved my car in a while or if I'm in for the $2800 new pump option.. :mad: I'll know either way in a week but it would be nice to hear from someone before then, just to have another opinion.
Thanks guys!

iralli_iskustvo
02-29-2016, 06:40 PM
Here's hoping someone comes back to look at this thread again... I just witnessed my first 4WD service warning this morning when starting my car after being on vacation for over a week.. I was trying to back out of my parking space and noticed that it felt like my parking brake was still "on" and I had to hit the gas harder than usual to get the car to move. The service light stayed on for the entire time I was driving. But after I turned the car off & back on again later in the day, the service light didn't come back on (yet..) I've scheduled my service appointment for a week from today (the earliest they could fit me in.)

I was just wondering if it could be as simple as a fluid viscosity/low fluid issue because I haven't moved my car in a while or if I'm in for the $2800 new pump option.. :mad: I'll know either way in a week but it would be nice to hear from someone before then, just to have another opinion.
Thanks guys!

Mitsubishi extended their warranty to 100,000 miles. Dealership shouldn't give you any problems replacing ACD pump if that's an issue.

In fact, my dealership replaced my ACD pump and transfer case. About $5800 in parts and labor.

RalliGrl
03-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Mitsubishi extended their warranty to 100,000 miles. Dealership shouldn't give you any problems replacing ACD pump if that's an issue.

In fact, my dealership replaced my ACD pump and transfer case. About $5800 in parts and labor.

That's good to hear.. :) I'm sure I got notified of the warranty and just filed it away somewhere & forgot about it. This would be my first "repair" my car has ever needed other than a flat tire and the occasional minor recall notice, so I haven't really had to worry about much up until now. I haven't had the warning come up again so I hope it was just a weird fluke.
Thanks for the reply!