PDA

View Full Version : We'll I did it

Rralliart09
11-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Got my AMS boost pill in today and my tactrix cable will be here Monday. Now I just have to figure out how all thi nonsense works lol. I'm glad I ended up going this route instead of the AP. Well I'm glad I spent less money, not sure about the flash yet since I haven't done it.

Rralliart09
11-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Dumb question. Do you have to leave the Openport "box" plugged into the obd2 port on the car or do you unplug it after flashing? Also (dumb questions I guess) how the hell do you download the GST maps? I'm lost lol

beefyralliart
11-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Dumb question. Do you have to leave the Openport "box" plugged into the obd2 port on the car or do you unplug it after flashing? Also (dumb questions I guess) how the hell do you download the GST maps? I'm lost lol

You can unplug it once your done flashing and clearing DTCs. Also make sure EcuFlash is communicating with your car. You can download the GST maps here (http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/443880-2009-lancer-ralliart-gst-basemap.html)

Rralliart09
11-17-2013, 02:43 PM
You can unplug it once your done flashing. Also make sure ECU Flash is communicating with your car. You can download the GST maps here (http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/443880-2009-lancer-ralliart-gst-basemap.html)

I know where to get them I don't know how. Like where to save the files to. What folder ect. Like I said, totally PC dumb

beefyralliart
11-17-2013, 04:07 PM
I know where to get them I don't know how. Like where to save the files to. What folder ect. Like I said, totally PC dumb

Oh...lol. Save them wherever your heart desires lol. I personally just save my tunes on my desktop and made a folder named Ralliart tunes. Usually when you download them, they go into your download folder then just move the files from there. Hope this helps.

Rralliart09
11-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Oh...lol. Save them wherever your heart desires lol. I personally just save my tunes on my desktop and made a folder named Ralliart tunes. Usually when you download them, they go into your download folder then just move the files from there. Hope this helps.

It does, thanks. Now for the second part. How do you load them to ecuflash? When I DL them they show up like a photo. Is that right? If maps are photos can I load this pic to my ecu and make GTR power? lol

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/FB3CA8A4-5FBC-4BBA-99AC-22672FCF2A89-10800-000007F5351E1AEB_zpsb99040fa.jpg

Rralliart09
11-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Actually that's not right. It saves them as a web link. ???? Wtf

Rralliart09
11-17-2013, 05:21 PM
And never mind I figured it out!!!!! Thanks again

Rralliart09
11-17-2013, 09:35 PM
And now I really did it. I hit a fucking curb tonight and snapped both my FR lower strut mount clean off and the CV joint. I just hope the trans isn't damaged because that'll total the car. I'm so pissed

iralli_iskustvo
11-18-2013, 02:36 AM
And now I really did it. I hit a fucking curb tonight and snapped both my FR lower strut mount clean off and the CV joint. I just hope the trans isn't damaged because that'll total the car. I'm so pissed

Sorry to hear that. How did you manage to do that?

Rralliart09
11-18-2013, 05:41 AM
I have no idea. The road was wet and I was making a left. Not stomping on it being smooth and it just slid out from under me. Slid diagonally into a curb and snapped stuff off. I don't know. I'm just afraid it's totaled and I just got it six weeks or so ago. If that happens I'm screwed.

Splattj
11-18-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm hoping for you that it won't be totalled. While you're waiting to get it back on the road, I highly recommend reading this guide to tuning your car:

http://thefrost.net/randomfiles/tuning/merlin/Merlins%20Ralliart%20+%20EvoX%20TUNING%20GUIDE_V2-0.pdf

iralli_iskustvo
11-18-2013, 02:51 PM
I have no idea. The road was wet and I was making a left. Not stomping on it being smooth and it just slid out from under me. Slid diagonally into a curb and snapped stuff off. I don't know. I'm just afraid it's totaled and I just got it six weeks or so ago. If that happens I'm screwed.

Full coverage?

Rralliart09
11-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Full coverage?

I have full coverage. But if the damages come within a certain percentage of the value of the vehicle then it's a total loss. If the trans is good then I'm golden. Fingers crossed

Rralliart09
11-19-2013, 01:32 PM
And to pour salt in the wound looky what showed up yesterday.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/F711ABB9-13AF-4D0E-B63B-13BDABA98E2F-1281-0000024BBFC0ECE7_zps91aa4b3e.jpg

Rralliart09
06-30-2014, 10:25 PM
I hate how people just let threads die and never update them so I won't be "that guy". I got her back a few moths ago and all is great. All the mods I've done since are in my sig. I personally blame Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear for making believe the car would basically make me Collin McCray lol. Any way the lesson here is LEARN YOUR CAR. This is my first AWD and turbo car so it's a steep learning curve and boost coming on when you don't expect it plus wet roads and understeer can end baaaaaadly. Stay safe out there guys.

echo4papa
07-15-2014, 06:42 AM
I almost did this same thing one night, in a rush to get out of town. As soon as I felt the car sliding toward the curb instead of taking the turn, I backed off the throttle a bit and it snapped back into the turn.

Glad everything turned out ok.

Rralliart09
07-15-2014, 09:35 AM
I almost did this same thing one night, in a rush to get out of town. As soon as I felt the car sliding toward the curb instead of taking the turn, I backed off the throttle a bit and it snapped back into the turn.

Glad everything turned out ok.

Ahh "lift off over steer". If only I knew then what I know now, lol.

Markspd6
07-15-2014, 11:42 AM
This one of the main reasons for doing some driving at the track, its really nice to have an idea of how your car will handle when shit Really goes bad.. I personally did my best bit of learning in my subie, by basically writing it off and trying to crash it.. Once i knew how it would handle(quite well for an NA impreza with no mods) i was more comfortable on the street. And once i learned how to drift it, i was a better driver and a bigger fan of subaru all around. Once i get the RA on the track, im sure ill be better at driving it, and know better what it needs to destroy every other car at the track..

Rralliart09
07-18-2014, 05:36 PM
This one of the main reasons for doing some driving at the track, its really nice to have an idea of how your car will handle when shit Really goes bad.. I personally did my best bit of learning in my subie, by basically writing it off and trying to crash it.. Once i knew how it would handle(quite well for an NA impreza with no mods) i was more comfortable on the street. And once i learned how to drift it, i was a better driver and a bigger fan of subaru all around. Once i get the RA on the track, im sure ill be better at driving it, and know better what it needs to destroy every other car at the track..

I totally agree. This car (especially when modded) isn't a Civic SI or a Spec-V Sentra. And you really need to get to know it before pushing it hard. When I test drove it I went totally balls out and knowing what I do now I'm surprised I'm still alive. I also terrified the poor sales guy. At any rate get to know your ride and what it's capabilities and limitations are.

Rralliart09
10-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Update. All is good with Svetlana. I've been autocrossing the last few months and it's seriously improved my understanding of the Ralliart's handling charistics and capabilities. I'd HIGHLY recommend going to your local autocross every chance you get. It's soooo much fun, cheap, and will let you lean not only the limits of your car but what you as a driver are truly capable of. It's both educational and a bit humbling lol.