PDA

View Full Version : door dent removal?

beretta_m9a1
12-07-2013, 03:31 PM
anyone figured out a way to remove door dents from idiots opening their door too much?

SoCalRalliart
12-07-2013, 03:52 PM
I don't know how big your dents are but you can try this, they also have different cup sizes as well, I have used this a few times and seems to work very will on door dings and small dents like that.

Good Luck.

http://www.amazon.com/Pneumatic-Puller-rubber-small-large/dp/B0088JS1YM/ref=sr_1_57?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1386456423&sr=1-57

beretta_m9a1
12-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the link! Im going to gove it a try. My dings are pretty big, maybe 2X6

hotkupa
12-07-2013, 07:14 PM
google local places that do PDR Paintless Dent Removal. If you'll have no luck ask your dealer who does it for him. All dealers have one. Price very from 50 to $100 per panel. They will usually give you better deal if you bring more work than just one dent. So ask your friends if they have any dents they want to firx or go around the neighborhood with a hammer....just kidding.

beretta_m9a1
12-07-2013, 07:27 PM
google local places that do PDR Paintless Dent Removal. If you'll have no luck ask your dealer who does it for him. All dealers have one. Price very from 50 to $100 per panel. They will usually give you better deal if you bring more work than just one dent. So ask your friends if they have any dents they want to firx or go around the neighborhood with a hammer....just kidding.

Bahahhaha. Nice! I like your thinking. Thanks for the info. Im more of a DIY-er so i wanted to do it myself but going around my apt complex with a hammer seems much more fun

iralli_iskustvo
12-07-2013, 11:16 PM
anyone figured out a way to remove door dents from idiots opening their door too much?

Park far away from everyone else.

beretta_m9a1
12-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Park far away from everyone else.

Not sure how to respond to your idiotic reply

beretta_m9a1
12-07-2013, 11:24 PM

Furthermore, please note how i asked HOW to remove dents, not prevent dents... Simpleton

iralli_iskustvo
12-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Its not idiotic, its brilliant!

iralli_iskustvo
12-07-2013, 11:42 PM

This too, or get these tools (http://www.mmtraining.com/paintless-dent-removal-repair-toolsets.htm) and learn how to remove dents on friends beat up cars.

beretta_m9a1
12-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Its not idiotic, its brilliant!
I thought it was brilliant until it happened to me. Believe it or not, the 3rd day i had my car i did as you suggested. Sure enough, it got hit :(
This too, or get these tools (http://www.mmtraining.com/paintless-dent-removal-repair-toolsets.htm) and learn how to remove dents on friends beat up cars.

Yea thats what im going to end up doing, following hotkupa's suggestion. Lol

iralli_iskustvo
12-08-2013, 01:03 PM
I had over 30 dings size of nickel/quarter from a big hail. Those dent removal tools made my car look new again. Watching and learning from professionals could help you remove them yourself, practice is a must though.

Mitsubishi uses a thin layer of metal for many reasons. Since I got the car I never parked close by someone. Always distant myself from people who dont have respect for others property.

hotkupa
12-08-2013, 04:04 PM
I pulled some dents before and if I can give you some advice......metal must be at least 60 F (if not paint will crack metal will not retract properly) so depending where you live you might have to do it inside a garage. And second do not pull the metal out too much. If you pull metal to the other side...... you will have to paint the entire panel.

beretta_m9a1
12-08-2013, 04:11 PM
I had over 30 dings size of nickel/quarter from a big hail. Those dent removal tools made my car look new again. Watching and learning from professionals could help you remove them yourself, practice is a must though.

Mitsubishi uses a thin layer of metal for many reasons. Since I got the car I never parked close by someone. Always distant myself from people who dont have respect for others property.
Ok gotcha. Thanks for the tips :D
I pulled some dents before and if I can give you some advice......metal must be at least 60 F (if not paint will crack metal will not retract properly) so depending where you live you might have to do it inside a garage. And second do not pull the metal out too much. If you pull metal to the other side...... you will have to paint the entire panel.

Lol damn it. Its about 42 right now here in Vegas. But thanks so is pushing the metal from the inside the best solution?

iralli_iskustvo
12-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Definitely wait till its warm to remove dents.

beretta_m9a1
12-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Lol thanks

SoCalRalliart
12-08-2013, 07:00 PM
I hope you find a way to get your dents out, that tool should work and if not they make bigger cups for it to fit

beretta_m9a1
12-08-2013, 07:15 PM
^ thanks for the support you guys!!! I wasnt aware of needing to be during warm temperature, but will wait to do it.... In a few months -_-

Mkid
12-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Do all these suggestions work with dents with a crease? I got a huge one on my door from what appears to have been someone with a lifted truck based on how high it is -_-

beretta_m9a1
12-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Do all these suggestions work with dents with a crease? I got a huge one on my door from what appears to have been someone with a lifted truck based on how high it is -_-

Lol that sucks. Not laughing at you but your "-_-" lol